Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Isle of Man TT

Kim Jong Il

For those interested in this kind of thing the Isle of Man TT starts this weekend.

Saturday 27th May sees the first practise of this years TT and the whole event culminates on Friday 9th June with the Senior TT race.

Just a little clip of events to come  

One thing that I miss living in Patts.

Is it still the most dangerous race?  Just wondering how it is still held with the nature of the nanny Euro state.

2 hours ago, lasam56 said:

Is it still the most dangerous race?  Just wondering how it is still held with the nature of the nanny Euro state.

According to Wiki 252 deaths have occurred in the TT events.

Link below the Wiki article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatalities

The worst single year was 2005 when 11 people were killed. Pretty safe to say its still the most dangerous event in the motor racing world.

a friend of mine will be there racing this year, his name is daley mathison, came second in the electric class last year..

I love bike racing, especially MotoGP, but there's something fatalistic about the IoM TT......

......yes I went once......madness.

For a real rush if you ever go there with your own machine do a couple of laps on Mad Sunday.

Sheer Lunacy !!!

There's a good vid on YouTube of a rally driver doing a 128mph lap in a 600hp Subaru Impreza.

Bit slow, the bikes are doing 133 I think.

Yikes!

56 minutes ago, tj916 said:

There's a good vid on YouTube of a rally driver doing a 128mph lap in a 600hp Subaru Impreza.

Bit slow, the bikes are doing 133 I think.

Yikes!

This one....

170 mph in a 30 limit......

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, the Isle of Man TT claims another victim during the first race of this years meeting.

As reported in the Daily Mail, 48 year old English rider Davey Lambert has died in hospital following a crash in the opening Superbike race of the Isle of Man TT.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4579058/English-rider-Davey-Lambert-dies-Isle-Man-TT.html#ixzz4jL23m4rf 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Daily Mail blocked to some here so   https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jun/07/english-rider-davey-lambert-dies-after-crash-isle-of-man-tt-motorcycling

A spectacle certainly, but rider safety can never be effectively addressed at 200 mph on those roads.

Archived