IGNORED

La Taverna

just hanging

Italian on thappraya across from subway in Jomtien. My friend invited me here yesterday and the food was really good.  Might have an Italian in the kitchen, definitely the right recipes and cooking

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 8.52.25 AM.jpg

It's been awhile, but I recall I had their tortellini in brodo (broth) and it was excellent. 

• 10 months later...

Tried tonight with my tour guide, We both thought it was good We both had Bplaa dishes and they were good. The portions were small and a little pricey. Still I paid 1000 baht for two good meals at a great location and the two glasses of red wine were good. Had some fun as we spoke a combination of Thai, Italian, Spanish, and English.

It was amusing as my Thai Lady would answer in English, myself in Thai, and the waiter in Italian. As we went along we switched languages with me introducing Espanol. Fun was had by all. Pictures to follow.

This place is not for the bargain eater or the bargain buyer. Still I liked it. House wine is good and the ambience is very good. Pics to follow:

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

• 5 months later...

Unless I have completely lost my bearings this place has gone out of business. Kind of a shame IMO, as I liked their food.

3 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Unless I have completely lost my bearings this place has gone out of business. Kind of a shame IMO, as I liked their food.

They were open in August - not that I went there. Tried it once. Never again.

I recall one visit I thought they’d closed down but after a few days they were open again. 

(Opposite 7-11, next door to Indian, next door but one to the excellent Cafe Ritzi :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

9 hours ago, davidge said:

They were open in August - not that I went there. Tried it once. Never again.

I recall one visit I thought they’d closed down but after a few days they were open again. 

(Opposite 7-11, next door to Indian, next door but one to the excellent Cafe Ritzi :-)

I walked right through there last night, exactly where you are describing. I did not see it. Unless they sent the sign out for cleaning or I am having major jet lag brain farts, they are gone or moved.

Did notice Cafe Ritzi, but they are closed on Mondays. I will give them a try some night. We bailed to your other favorite place Natan's. :)

Archived