Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Gigantic Thai market

fakebook

On the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Soi Khao Talo an enormous market with lots of typical coloured neon tubes has sprung up.

I wonder if it’s a regular Thai market or aimed at Chinese or Russian tourists.

I’ve been told that long ago this plot was planned as a Carrefour Supermarket, which never materialised.

(For newbies: Carrefour has quit Thailand several years ago and its premises have become Big C Extra.)

Good to see. I am moving into the neighbourhood soon.

image.png

57 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Good to see. I am moving into the neighbourhood soon.

To see, maybe, but not to hear... :unsure: 

There are people on ThaiVisa complaining how noisy this new market is,

and how far in the night the noise goes on...

I drove past it yesterday, the big banner says they are having a molam concert from the 11-21 of this month, I'm not sure if the market will stay or go once the molam concerts are over, I guess we will see in a few days.. 

17 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Not many people living around there and certainly no farangs.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:33 AM, Oukiva said:

If it's true it''s just another case of old farangs complaining about loud music,

is this every night? very close to the night market threpprasit to be open same time

4 minutes ago, just hanging said:

is this every night? very close to the night market threpprasit to be open same time

I think too many guys are overthinking this, it's only from 11-21 of this month, then it will be gone.

10 minutes ago, Wolf Cat said:

I think too many guys are overthinking this, it's only from 11-21 of this month, then it will be gone.

ahhh......more fake news     thanks......by the way all thais hate us....555

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

"fake news"?  Did you see the banner and understand or not?

Just now, Wolf Cat said:

"fake news"?  Did you see the banner and understand or not?

never saw the banner just read the post        sorta

• 2 weeks later...

This gigantic market has been reduced to some simple stalls.

The coloured neon tubes and the amusement park have disappeared.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:58 AM, Wolf Cat said:

On 5/20/2017 at 10:10 AM, just hanging said:

10 hours ago, fakebook said:

This gigantic market has been reduced to some simple stalls.

The coloured neon tubes and the amusement park have disappeared.

Just like the banner said, 11-21 May then it's gone, now there's just a few fruits or noodle stalls, same like before.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like that a new market is being built at the site if the old diamond factory, about half way up Soi Khao talo

3 hours ago, jimboh said:

Looks like that a new market is being built at the site if the old diamond factory, about half way up Soi Khao talo

On the site of the defunct diamond factory the outer walls have been demolished and a big open hangar is being built, perhaps a new market indeed.

On the other side of the road (at Tony’s gym) there used to be a covered market that was not successful, perhaps too expensive for the vendors.

Anyway the site of the former diamond factory is smaller than the one on the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Soi Khao Talo and I don’t see any signs of an amusement park up to now.

4 hours ago, jimboh said:

48 minutes ago, fakebook said:

On the site of the defunct diamond factory the outer walls have been demolished and a big open hangar is being built, perhaps a new market indeed.

On the other side of the road (at Tony’s gym) there used to be a covered market that was not successful, perhaps too expensive for the vendors.

Anyway the site of the former diamond factory is smaller than the one on the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Soi Khao Talo and I don’t see any signs of an amusement park up to now.

So they are closing down a diamond factory to set up an new market?  Yeah that makes sense,

How many open markets are there currently on Khao Talo? Three, 30 meters up the hill from the diamond factory, 500 meters West at the corner of Suk and Khao Talo and the one further up the hill just past The Booze Lounge.  

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Diamond factory went tits up a few years ago

Probably salaries have become too high in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

So they are closing down a diamond factory to set up an new market?  Yeah that makes sense,

How many open markets are there currently on Khao Talo? Three, 30 meters up the hill from the diamond factory, 500 meters West at the corner of Suk and Khao Talo and the one further up the hill just past The Booze Lounge.  

The old market opposite Stars Bar is dead.

Here's a pic of the new market on Khao Talo
35373355922_2883e5b62e_b.jpg
35501674476_498b1a0d5e_b.jpg

They're also improving the grounds for the market on the corner of Khao Talo and Suk.
35501674856_a1d79d548b_b.jpg
35373358232_7d131f90c5_b.jpg
35373358282_0444336c18_b.jpg

They even offer secure motorbike parking.
34731423543_bfe0c1dcff_b.jpg

Some nice teak furniture right on the corner with Suk.
34731423813_e3d4fca7e1_b.jpg
35501675406_6ca1e51f58_b.jpg
35501675126_41b2ac91c9_b.jpg

Market even has accomodations to rest your weary shopping bones.
34731424163_7de3b27a86_b.jpg

• 3 months later...

cool,walking distance from my house...

Archived