IGNORED

Lounge Access - Dubai?

Tarpon

I'm flying with Emirates for the first time in July. Since I've got 3:40 between flights I'm considering to buy lounge access. It's about 1300 baht. Is it worth the money?

And I don't know which lounge to choose since I don't know the gate or concourse my flight to BKK is taking off from. Maybe it is the same för every flight to BKK? Any advice?

24 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

I'm flying with Emirates for the first time in July. Since I've got 3:40 between flights I'm considering to buy lounge access. It's about 1300 baht. Is it worth the money?

And I don't know which lounge to choose since I don't know the gate or concourse my flight to BKK is taking off from. Maybe it is the same för every flight to BKK? Any advice?

Went into B concourse business class lounge in November was not impressed I heard it is being improved very crowded some nice smoked salmon but had some Chicken biriani was terrible but you do get branded drinks. There are other lounges around the terminal.

On B concourse there is lounge at B next to gate 26.  It's set out like a tapas restaurant and has decent food and drink. 

Lounge Access - Dubai

use my name you get a good seat.       lounge is always better and you save half of that on food and drinks, as long as you will be in there for a while

What terminal You fly from when going to BKK can be different from one trip to the other.  I have had terminal C and B for A 380 flights despite commercials say these flights only use C.

In C I first tried a Lounge next to my departuregate, quite simple but had OK food and drinks, only Thai staff....  Next time I walked three - four minutes from this Lounge at same level ( upstairs ), and found a much better Lounge.

14 minutes ago, oschkosch said:

the lounge in B is massive. You can nearly get lost!

Went in found a seat someone had left coat and bags next table I was there half an hour and they did not come back so I think they might have got lost.

On 13/05/2017 at 6:29 PM, Tarpon said:

The Emirates lounges at DBX are great, the price you quote seems cheap as I remember when they first published that the were going to allow the common folk in ( :) ) that cost was substantially higher.

Good food, good wifi, great showers and you can board the aircraft directly from the lounge in some terminals. 

I normally head in check to see if there is a wait for the showers and then have a drink and a bar snack. 

Lounge access at Dubai is normally $100 for 4 hours, unless you are business class or above or silver or above frequent flyer. At 1300bt it's a pretty good deal.

I use it 6 times a year and reckon it would be worth what you're paying if you value extra comfort, decent food and drink. I wouldn't pay $100.

There are several lounges you can pay to use in Dubai airport. Loungepass.com sell passes to quite a few. I've used the Marhaba lounges before which are very good but at £42 per visit now no longer good value, IMHO. 

On 2017-5-13 at 6:29 PM, Tarpon said:

You could look to see which terminal your flight departs from in Dubai by using flightstats.com 

Usually you can look back at three or four days and generally it will not change. 

For example EK374 to BKK has departed from a B gate in terminal 3 over the last four days. 

I'm guessing your flight is EK384 which also has used terminal 3 for the last four days, three times from a C gate and once a B. 

3 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

You could look to see which terminal your flight departs from in Dubai by using flightstats.com 

Usually you can look back at three or four days and generally it will not change. 

For example EK374 to BKK has departed from a B gate in terminal 3 over the last four days. 

I'm guessing your flight is EK384 which also has used terminal 3 for the last four days, three times from a C gate and once a B. 

You're right, EK384 is my flight. Will check this up. Thank's. 

There is 2 different lounges in Concourse B. "Lounge at B" price 32 Euro and Marhaba Lounge price 50 Euro.

If you going to have a few drinks its worth it, £10 a pint in the bars, foods pretty good too.

Have to pay to use the shower sometimes in the Marhaba lounge after flying from Kabul with all the filthy fucks and their chickens. Cost me $82 last time for the shower other than that it's shit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking about myself unless I got free access to a Business Lounge in Dubai I wouldnt pay to go in one.  I'm saying that even though the lounges I have been in have been very nice.

In December I am flying with Emirates to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. 

For my outward Journey I am only in Transit in Dubai for 2 hours 50 minutes.  So even if the flight lands on time how much time will I actually get to spend in the Business Lounge.   And its the same with my return Journey I am only in transit for 2 hours 10 minutes,  Again even if the plane lands on time how long would I get to spend in a business lounge.

My own personnel view is that whilst I am in transit in Dubai if I wanted to have a drink and/or something to eat I would just walk into a Terminal bar or restaurant and pay.  It may even work out cheaper

30 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Speaking about myself unless I got free access to a Business Lounge in Dubai I wouldnt pay to go in one.  I'm saying that even though the lounges I have been in have been very nice.

In December I am flying with Emirates to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. 

For my outward Journey I am only in Transit in Dubai for 2 hours 50 minutes.  So even if the flight lands on time how much time will I actually get to spend in the Business Lounge.   And its the same with my return Journey I am only in transit for 2 hours 10 minutes,  Again even if the plane lands on time how long would I get to spend in a business lounge.

My own personnel view is that whilst I am in transit in Dubai if I wanted to have a drink and/or something to eat I would just walk into a Terminal bar or restaurant and pay.  It may even work out cheaper

In some of terminals you can board the aircraft directly from the lounge so you can spend more time in the lounge than you would think. 

I flew BC through Dubai on Sunday and was in the lounge about 6 or 7 mins after getting off the plane. Unfortunately I was flying onwards from a B gate so I had to catch the train down to the gate and wait with the common folk! :) 

• 2 months later...

If your paying for entry it can't be the Emirates lounge, I hear the rest are pretty poor prob just best to pull up a seat at the Heineken bar lol you can only access Emirates lounge if your travelling business/first or are a silver or above member

Archived