IGNORED

The best Isaan style restaurant in Pattaya/Jomtien

Our usual treat for couple of times per week is to have a brunch on one of these "tin hut" type Isaan rastaurants. Grilled chicken and pork, som tams, laab moo, some great soup and sticky rice. Some of the best food they make on these places. Especially those soups are something special.

Where you can find the great Isaan food offerings in Pattaya or Jomtien?

7 hours ago, jpmelville said:

Our usual treat for couple of times per week is to have a brunch on one of these "tin hut" type Isaan rastaurants. Grilled chicken and pork, som tams, laab moo, some great soup and sticky rice. Some of the best food they make on these places. Especially those soups are something special.

Where you can find the great Isaan food offerings in Pattaya or Jomtien?

Theres an excellent Isaaan place on third road more or less opposite The Village,most of the nursing staff at Pattaya City Hospital use it,cut through from soi Buk past the hospital and the Fire Station take a right turn and its 15 metres down going towards Pattaya tai,just before soi 29.

On 08/05/2017 at 11:14 AM, petermik said:

Theres an excellent Isaaan place on third road more or less opposite The Village,most of the nursing staff at Pattaya City Hospital use it,cut through from soi Buk past the hospital and the Fire Station take a right turn and its 15 metres down going towards Pattaya tai,just before soi 29.

p.s.its at soi 27 but does seem more of a daytime eating venue rather than evening

23 minutes ago, petermik said:

p.s.its at soi 27 but does seem more of a daytime eating venue rather than evening

Thanks - based on your directions and looking at Google Maps, I think you may be referring to Che Bang Isaan Food.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d9820978-Reviews-Che_Bang_Isan_Food-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

I wonder how many times I have came past, saw that sign and thought the Jae Bang meant it was Vegetarian food.

On 09/05/2017 at 0:10 PM, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks - based on your directions and looking at Google Maps, I think you may be referring to Che Bang Isaan Food.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d9820978-Reviews-Che_Bang_Isan_Food-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

No your completely wrong,soi 27 is just past the entrance to Pattaya City Hospital going down towards Pattaya tai

There is a roadside cafe selling only Issan food in the daytime right opposite Nature View hotel.  It is on the pavement and runs alongside the 7/11 there.  Many of my Issan friends eat there and it is Issan prices as well.  Quite a rough looking place but friends swear by it for authentic Issan food.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Not in a tin hut category but for good Isaan food in Pattaya then it would be hard to beat Vientiane

15 hours ago, udontony said:

There is a roadside cafe selling only Issan food in the daytime right opposite Nature View hotel.  It is on the pavement and runs alongside the 7/11 there.  Many of my Issan friends eat there and it is Issan prices as well.  Quite a rough looking place but friends swear by it for authentic Issan food.

My GF and her sister also likes this place, they buy food from there 1 or 2 times every week.

They give this place :9of10Score:

On 11.5.2017 at 8:55 AM, udontony said:

Looks of these places are pretty much always rough, but it doesn't matter. Taste of the foods are usually fantastic. Here in Hua Hin upscale Isaan places have touristy Isaan food which is not good. I prefer the mama and papa kind of places.

Archived