Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What does this mean?

GeekinPhuket

Hello, my girlfriend changed my nickname on fb to this คนดี <3
What does it exactly mean?

Good person

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

It must be something good because when I googled it and put images up you got pictures of flowers Buddhist monks and children.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Winston said:

Good person

Good person? Doesn't seem like something I would use for my girlfriend lol

Literally, "I love a good person." Realistically, you are about to become pussy-whipped!  

Good person? Doesn't seem like something I would use for my girlfriend lol

In that case tell her it should be คนเลว = bad person. Hopefully she's got a sense of humour.

I am actually paranoid.. She used to have me teerak as nickname, and now changed it to คนดี <3 this..
I am thinking that maybe she doesnt want someone else to see me listed as teerak.. Good guy seems like a nickname which could be use for anyone, including friends, is that the case?

1 minute ago, GeekinPhuket said:

I am actually paranoid.. She used to have me teerak as nickname, and now changed it to คนดี <3 this..
I am thinking that maybe she doesnt want someone else to see me listed as teerak.. Good guy seems like a nickname which could be use for anyone, including friends, is that the case?

Nah. <3 is a sign for heart/love 

Alright thank you.. To be honest I did some things behind her back and now I feel guilty lol, and when I feel guilty I become paranoid that she will do the same ^^... karma is a bitch

17 minutes ago, GeekinPhuket said:

Alright thank you.. To be honest I did some things behind her back and now I feel guilty lol, and when I feel guilty I become paranoid that she will do the same ^^... karma is a bitch

If she does, doubtless she will also feel guilty.... and do something sweet to make up for a it... maybe change your FB nickname to something warm and fuzzy for the world to see. :P

Just now, ex-pat said:

If she does, doubtless she will also feel guilty.... and do something sweet to make up for a it... maybe change your FB nickname to something warm and fuzzy for the world to see. :P

I see what you did there... hahaha

Nah.

I never knew about that

คนดี not only have to mean "Good Person" what is the "Standart word-by-word translation", relatively unknown because moste of Thais use "Tirak ที่รัก", คนดี also can mean "Darling or Honey"

Ask her about it.

ต่างภูมิลำเนา แต่ว่าเฮาก็เป็นคนไทย

My girl says she is calling you her angel.

My girl says she is calling you her angel.

That's great. I'd never realised it could mean that before although it does make sense in that we also use 'angel' to mean a good person sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

The first 2 symbols stand for 'Khun', which means person. the third symbol with the vowel on top stands for 'good'. So yes, it means good person. But realize this comes from a Thai girl and therefor does not mean much. There is still a realistic chance she will want to set you on fire and drink your blood the next day. ;)

Archived