IGNORED

Not continuing a flight at transit point

mai

Hi.

Found an interesting flight that goes to a european city AFTER stopping at london... and is much cheaper than the BKK-London price.

Also, I would prefer to get off at london.

There is a change of carrier so everyone will get off the plane. Instead of going to transit point, i just go through immigration. I have only carry on baggage. Sounds simple enough huh?

Anyone think why it might have an issue??

I can only think of:

1) i will probably delay the european flight (if they give me a boarding pass for that sector at BKK).... but who cares.

2) Thai GF is coming, so i wont be able to give the embassy that ticket for visa purpose. But an agency can get around that problem easily.

Anyone experienced this. Would be interesting to know if anyone has got of a the SAME plane during a stop. I normally see staff at the exiting gate stopping all passengers and asking  to show boarding card stub that verifies the city of disembarking.... but can the staff really stop someone who wants to get off at a certain city (if visa isnt an issue) ??

Forgot to say...  its a one way flight.

DON'T try this on the outbound part of a return ticket, or you will void the inbound part!

You don't need to cause a delay to the next flight, just inform someone you feel too unwell to continue with the journey. 

That airline can also ban you from flying with them or any of their alliance ever again.

If it's a connecting flight and you have the correct visa requirements then you can leave. If you miss your flight once then that's probably ok. A pattern of it and a ban will come.

Its called Hidden City ticketing    

If its a one-off, you shouldn't have a problem & I certainly wouldn't tell the airline staff that's what you plan to do.  The airline does have the right to charge you for the difference between your booked flight & the flight you actually take, although I don't think this happens much.

If you're a frequent flyer with that airline, they can remove any airmiles you have. An airline ban would be very unusual for a 1st offence in my opinion.

If immigration decide to stop and quiz your girl I'm not sure that her having a ticket such as you suggest is going to help. It would flag up that she is not trustworthy, no? 

Dont like the thought of paying extra (although not sure how they would recoup the fare difference). Will come up with some BS sob story why i need to get off at London and tell that airline at departures - ONCE I am through immigration :)

Immigration no issues. We will have boarding card stubs (who carries inbound ticket printouts nowadays?), and the most important thing:  the ticket out of UK. Probably could screenshot the ticket and snip out the final leg anyways.

Flight is 2000B cheaper but more importantly quicker and better airline! Worth taking a risk. 

44 minutes ago, mai said:

Dont like the thought of paying extra (although not sure how they would recoup the fare difference). Will come up with some BS sob story why i need to get off at London and tell that airline at departures - ONCE I am through immigration :)

Immigration no issues. We will have boarding card stubs (who carries inbound ticket printouts nowadays?), and the most important thing:  the ticket out of UK. Probably could screenshot the ticket and snip out the final leg anyways.

Flight is 2000B cheaper but more importantly quicker and better airline! Worth taking a risk. 

what are the extra flight connections i cant think of any airline from bangkok that comes to london first and then turns around and terminates in europe ??

edited i can see you change aircraft still interested in question though

15 minutes ago, OmarB said:

what are the extra flight connections i cant think of any airline from bangkok that comes to london first and then turns around and terminates in europe ??

BA is one

You can search for these hidden city flights on   skiplagged.com  As mentioned before don't don't do this on the outbound portion of a round trip ticket as the return portion may be cancelled.  

On 5/1/2017 at 1:26 PM, OmarB said:

BA going on to Dublin perhaps?

Archived