IGNORED

Thai lessons/Teacher in New York City

KDNG

I am looking for a place that teaches Thai but can not find one. Have been searching and searching, I have found some individuals but they are booked to no end. I do have a friend who I grew up with and did not find out that he spoke Thai until August, knew him for 15 years. He is half Cambo and half Lao. Speaks Thai, Lao and Cambo (knew about the latter languages). He just married a Thai bird from LOS but moved an hour away. He gave me a lot of good tips for my previous two trips on TGs in general but then moved.

I have not been able to contact him since I got back last week, but I think I might just listen to CDs and see him once a week. I think it be worth the drive plus he wouldn't charge me since it would be like hanging out, and it would be an all day thing. But I really want to find classes in NYC. I know I posted my new neighbors might be Thai. That seems to be bad info from my neighbor who originally told me because now they tell me they might be Taiwanese, I get aggravated when people confuse the two because of the sounding of the name. So gotta wait on that one.

Anyways, anyone know of a good place in NYC?

No, sorry, but maybe you should go to some asian supermarkets and places like

that where they have a bulletin board and you can post a card with your inquiries

and maybe you'll get some leads.

Maybe even a trip to some thai restaurants can get you some leads.

rotsaruck! :P

There's a Thai community and Wat out in Elmhurst, just go chat up a few of the smaller store owners.

He's correct - in fact you're near Queens then the Monks there can offer classes as they teach Thai language ,mostly it is for the children of the local Thai folks but I'm sure they would teach adults also

Thanks for the info gents. I knew about the Thai community out in Queens, loads of different Asians in Queens. I am familiar with the Jackson Heights area. Bobbytits where are the Monks located where they do these classes that would be great.

here is a suggestion on a great Thai restaurant in Queens:

Sri Pra Phai

64-13 39th Ave

Woodside, NY

Its a great place and they even put the to go in the little plastic bags like the markets do in LOS.

Katandmilo if you got time when you re in town in a few months if you want lets hit up the place.

Edited by KDNG