IGNORED

Phuket and Krabi advice

googlechap

I am off to Phuket and Krabi this June with my wife and kid for about 2 weeks.

This will be a non-mongering trip.

Although I have been to patts about 6 times I have no idea about Phuket and Krabi.

I need advise​ -

Where to stay

What to expect

How many days should I spend in each location.

To put things into perspective - my choice of hotels in Patts are Blue Sky, August Suites and the likes.

My constraint is that I will not be able to rent a bike as there are 3 of us and my wife won't drive a bike.

Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated [emoji120]

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

Never been to Krabi but been to Phuket quite a few times. Most people base themselves in Patong which is about 45 minutes by taxi from airport. I have always stayed in Patong then rented a motorbike (as I don't really go to bars) .I have then visited all the different beaches driving along coast road. I did see you say you wont be doing that. I suppose you have to ask yourself what type of holiday you want and that can then decide where best to stay.

Patong can be ok for a family holiday and some parts not too overpowering with a large mall called Jungceylon. But if I was to have a family holiday I would probably choose Karon that has a very big beach quite a few relaxed bars in like a square area and is also nearer to other beaches you might like to visit Kata,Kata Noi. Karon is the next resort along the coast from Patong and is about 15 minutes tuk tuk ride away.

In June you will have be careful on where you swim in the beaches and pay attention to the lifeguards flags.Phuket is well known for riptides when low season weather is around.

There's alot more to do in Phuket compared to Pattaya. Once you are there, check out the tour options and you'll find plenty to choose from ranging from half to full day and most will pick you up from hotel or a pickup point near your hotel so you don't have to look for transportation.

Patong is the famous and busy area and would recommend staying there. If you don't prefer noise, stay far from Soi Bangla as that is the Walking Street in Patong.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, googlechap said:

Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated emoji120.png

I posted some info on another thread about Railay.  The prices will be deeply discounted from high season prices when you travel.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

Archived