IGNORED

Nova Gold or D Hotel

Clem Fandango

I can't decide!!! So BM I want you to decide!!!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. D Hotel or Nova Gold- which one should I go with

• D Hotel
    • Nova Gold

Right BMs, I just can't decide! I am coming in May and have yet to book my accommodation. Last trip I stayed in the Adelphi which was good however I want to try someplace else. A bit about me so you can make an informed choice..

2nd trip to Pattaya my first was last August. I will play golf 5 or 6 times over my 14 night stay.Going to mix it up this time spent most of my time around LK Metro on last trip and had a smaller budget for each day. This trip 10k a day after golf and hotel,I didn't know about this forum before last trip. However this time not been off it so plan to move around areas each day,Soi 6,walking street,Soi 7 and 8 and many more. Hitting it Deano brawl crawl and going to Perthie party in SITC. Play my golf out of LK Metro will use bhat bus and motorbike taxi. Like a nice pool for after golf to cool down. 

Not it much else to say so.... Nova or D hotel both priced very similar, anything under £375 for 14 nights.

help!!!!!!!

edit- I have seen the reviews on here of both. Just can't decide.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

You've seen the reviews. I've only stayed in D (twice). It's purely down to the location if you ask me and since you're tending more towards LK I would probably take D. Also not to forget: while you might be OK with the walks required to/from Nova, May is the hottest month of the year so probably wise to avoid extra exercise.

Joe, I am a big fan of Nova Gold, but given your requirements (playing golf 3 times a week out of LK), I agree with the other BMs Nova Gold might not be the best choice. Regarding D hotel, had a look at pics of the rooms, they look OK, but not a patch on Nova Gold.

Have you thought about Centra (deal on hotel Quickly via Trivago - see below). It's next to Areca and I might book it as it's handy for the golf bars - it's also on at a knock-down price. Here's a review I posted a while back:

: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/273381-centra-avenue-a-lottellee-winna-review/

Centra by Centara Avenue hotel Pattaya
Double superior room only

Check-in from 3pm and check-out until 12pm.
1 room / 2 guests

13-May-2017 to 18-May-2017
Number of nights: 5
Special Note
Check-in hour 15:00 – 00:00

฿ 5,737.87
Total Price:
hotel Taxes and Fees:
฿ 318.11
Rate (1 room x 5 nights):
฿ 5,419.76

We are both going to Deanos GG crawl I look forward to seeing you there (when is Perthie's do?).

Lottelle, thanks for your feedback and thoughts. Yeah I will be on the crawl looking forward to meeting some of the BMs and have a few beers.

Perthie party is on the 19th In SITC it's on the May thread.

listen quick question the centaurs avenue I can get it for 14 nights in my budget. You confident it's best option for my stay location is spot on. It looks to good to be true.

25 minutes ago, Joethescot said:

Lottelle, thanks for your feedback and thoughts. Yeah I will be on the crawl looking forward to meeting some of the BMs and have a few beers.

Perthie party is on the 19th In SITC it's on the May thread.

listen quick question the centaurs avenue I can get it for 14 nights in my budget. You confident it's best option for my stay location is spot on. It looks to good to be true.

Anything under 1.200THB (inc tax etc) is great value. I can't fault it at all - I stopped using it as the price is usually double the current offer. I think the hotel is Israeli owned, so it  has it's own synagogue (not joking) and Jewish artworks. Perhaps because of this security is much tighter than in other hotels.

The only possible negatives are (1) Rooms smallish, not claustrophobic either; (2) Reception will ask you for 1,000THB pn deposit - tell them 'no', just say 'I will give you 4,000THB total' - you will get it back OK; (3) Pool OK for splash and cool off, but not big - limited number of beds (though rarely seen anyone on pool; (4) No balcony or view (except the higher priced corner rooms); (5) Breakfast rubbish....avoid.

Now in terms of being guest friendly, I nor anyone I know has had any problems (I last stayed Centra Avenue in October), although I think i remember some BM saying he had an issue.

OK mate - up to you.

Cheers appreciate the time you have taken to give me your thoughts. The rooms do look small and I like a balcony even just for drying off my towels or swimming shorts.  Think I might just go for the D hotel. Big pool,rooms and in a quiet Soi. Right on bhat bus route for Lk early in the morning for golf.

Will get you a beer for your help on 13th of May. 

Cheers mate - I'm Scottish too.

Which bar do you play golf out of?

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Cheers mate - I'm Scottish too.

Which bar do you play golf out of?

Where abouts are you from? I am born and bread in Dundee. However working in Aberdeen.

As last August was my 1st trip I played out of the golf club in LK Metro. Found them to be really well organised and happy to have me join. I hired clubs from there,however this trip bringing my own as get 30k with emirates. However I might mix it up and use sugar shack as don't want to play two days back to back. 

Get a pint and a belther at the crawl I arrive the day before. God knows where I'm staying yet haha. 

Joe

21 minutes ago, barmatt said:

Cant go wrong with D Hotel

That's what I am thinking.

cheap and central for me

As you  might be aware in another thread i said D hotel was high on my list of possibles,although i finally decided to plump for the Adelphi where you have stayed before.Reasons i liked the D hotel was mainly because its relitavely new,the rooms look nice and airy and its in a decent location,plus the majority of reveiws have been very positive,i reckon you`ve made a good choice.I dont for one minute regret making the Adelphi my choice for my next trip,and im really looking forward to staying there,like the D hotel the vast majority of reveiws have been very complimentory indeed!

7 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

As you  might be aware in another thread i said D hotel was high on my list of possibles,although i finally decided to plump for the Adelphi where you have stayed before.Reasons i liked the D hotel was mainly because its relitavely new,the rooms look nice and airy and its in a decent location,plus the majority of reveiws have been very positive,i reckon you`ve made a good choice.I dont for one minute regret making the Adelphi my choice for my next trip,and im really looking forward to staying there,like the D hotel the vast majority of reveiws have been very complimentory indeed!

Yeah I am going to go with the D hotel pretty much for the same reasons you have listed and discussed before. You will be grand in the Adelphi it's a good hotel,what I am loving about Pattaya is the choice in everything,hotels,girls,bars,transport and golf.

ta

20 hours ago, Joethescot said:

Yeah I am going to go with the D Hotel pretty much for the same reasons you have listed and discussed before. You will be grand in the Adelphi it's a good Hotel,what I am loving about Pattaya is the choice in everything,hotels,girls,bars,transport and golf.

ta

Nailed it mate. Let me add, where in the world can you get a 3/4 star hotel, in a prime location for (the equivalent) of 20-25GBP?

6 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Nailed it mate. Let me add, where in the world can you get a 3/4 star hotel, in a prime location for (the equivalent) of 20-25GBP?

Yep totally agree was showing my sister my hotel and she was gobsmacked by the standard of it for £21 a night

On 4/16/2017 at 5:21 AM, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Anything under 1.200THB (inc tax etc) is great value. I can't fault it at all - I stopped using it as the price is usually double the current offer. I think the hotel is Israeli owned, so it  has it's own synagogue (not joking) and Jewish artworks. Perhaps because of this security is much tighter than in other hotels.

The only possible negatives are (1) Rooms smallish, not claustrophobic either; (2) Reception will ask you for 1,000THB pn deposit - tell them 'no', just say 'I will give you 4,000THB total' - you will get it back OK; (3) Pool OK for splash and cool off, but not big - limited number of beds (though rarely seen anyone on pool; (4) No balcony or view (except the higher priced corner rooms); (5) Breakfast rubbish....avoid.

Now in terms of being guest friendly, I nor anyone I know has had any problems (I last stayed Centra Avenue in October), although I think i remember some BM saying he had an issue.

OK mate - up to you.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:15 AM, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Joe, I am a big fan of Nova Gold, but given your requirements (playing golf 3 times a week out of LK), I agree with the other BMs Nova Gold might not be the best choice. Regarding D Hotel, had a look at pics of the rooms, they look OK, but not a patch on Nova Gold.

Have you thought about Centra (deal on Hotel Quickly via Trivago - see below). It's next to Areca and I might book it as it's handy for the golf bars - it's also on at a knock-down price. Here's a review I posted a while back:

: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/273381-centra-avenue-a-lottellee-winna-review/

Centra by Centara Avenue Hotel Pattaya
Double superior room only

Check-in from 3pm and check-out until 12pm.
1 room / 2 guests

13-May-2017 to 18-May-2017
Number of nights: 5
Special Note
Check-in hour 15:00 – 00:00

฿ 5,737.87
Total Price:
Hotel Taxes and Fees:
฿ 318.11
Rate (1 room x 5 nights):
฿ 5,419.76

We are both going to Deanos GG crawl I look forward to seeing you there (when is Perthie's do?).

Lottellee,

I know these hotels beats Nova Gold location wise. However, how would you compare the rooms quality wise? I saw some pictures of D hotel on another thread and the rooms looked very basic. Basically, I want 4 star quality at 3 star pricing. 

6 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Lottellee,

I know these hotels beats Nova Gold location wise. However, how would you compare the rooms quality wise? I saw some pictures of D Hotel on another thread and the rooms looked very basic. Basically, I want 4 star quality at 3 star pricing. 

In same location 4 star quality at 3 star pricing:

Lk Royal Wing

21 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Lottellee,

I know these hotels beats Nova Gold location wise. However, how would you compare the rooms quality wise? I saw some pictures of D Hotel on another thread and the rooms looked very basic. Basically, I want 4 star quality at 3 star pricing. 

D hotel does look basic that's what I thought but for £21 a night I'm well happy. Nova Gold rooms look spot on. 

7 hours ago, hioctane said:

Lottellee,

Mate, Nova Gold is a good location in many ways (particularly for soi 6), however, if the LK area is the hub of your activities, then it doesn't score so highly.

The deal I posted at the Centra gives 4 star luxury at 3 star prices - it's location too, can't be beaten (tiny soi next to Areca Lodge) 1 minute stroll to Buhakow/LK/Diana.

I don't really want to comment on D hotel as I haven't stayed there. From the pics it looks like a clean and functional hotel

Another option for guys looking to score a room under 1,000THB pn, is a guest house. The best I have stayed in is The Haven on soi Lenkee (the old La Cerise), very nice indeed; another one guys rave about is Boomerang guest house (great write ups and top location). Further down the cost scale is the English Rose (great location for LK) - lot's of very complimentary write-ups from BMs and the room pics look good too (I think start at 600THB). 

Mate, Nova Gold is a good location in many ways (particularly for soi 6), however, if the LK area is the hub of your activities, then it doesn't score so highly.
The deal I posted at the Centra gives 4 star luxury at 3 star prices - it's location too, can't be beaten (tiny soi next to Areca Lodge) 1 minute stroll to Buhakow/LK/Diana.
I don't really want to comment on D Hotel as I haven't stayed there. From the pics it looks like a clean and functional hotel. 
Another option for guys looking to score a room under 1,000THB pn, is a guest house. The best I have stayed in is The Haven on soi Lenkee (the old La Cerise), very nice indeed; another one guys rave about is Boomerang guest house (great write ups and top location). Further down the cost scale is the English Rose (great location for LK) - lot's of very complimentary write-ups from BMs and the room pics look good too (I think start at 600THB). 

I never used Trivago before but they have an awesome deal on Centra. Now that looks like a 4 star! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I never used Trivago before but they have an awesome deal on Centra. Now that looks like a 4 star! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

I think it is a great deal - I will be in Patts in 3 weeks time, I will probably book it too.

Archived