Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Centra Avenue - a Lottellee Winna review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Just come back from a 6 night stay at the brand new(ish) 4 star Centra Avenue. Here's my take on things:

Is the location good? - Two minutes stroll to LK Metro. It is reached via soi Diana (just before Areca Lodge - coming fom soi buhakow), there is also a little alleyway to it from soi buhakow (next to 18 coins hotel - pedestrian access only here). Walk 1 minute to soi buhakow for baht bus to Walking Street.

What's included? - Free internet, in room safe, a/c, gym, pool, free buggy to second road

What's the room like? - Uber modern...everything is touch screen driven - lights/TV/a/c/room service. Upmarket finish to bedroom and bathroom - rain-shower is a nice touch. The room has black-out curtains, I had a rear high-floor room, so no noise issues. Very comfy soft bed with high quality linen. Wifi speed good and reliable. Big flat screen TV and small fridge. Good safe and plenty of wardrobe space.

Is it GF? - No probs (but I have no idea on age policy or more than one guest...am too old for that malarkey)  :GoldenSmile1:

Is the Customer Service any good? - Very good, staff helpful. Alarm call OK and got me the free buggy when it was raining. Checking in and out is done in an instant...no hassle.

How about cleanliness? - Absolutely spotless...please always remember to leave a 20THB on your pillow daily to reward good service!

How affordable? - ATM a room can be had for just over 1,000THB - I paid $240 AUD for 6 nights...fantastic value

Any Criticisms? - Most rooms have no balcony (deluxe only have)...this might be a deal breaker for smokers. Pool and gym are small - 6 sunbeds and 4 maximum in the gym. Don't expect views (see pics 4 and 5)

Other Comments? - This appears to be a hotel which is primarily let  geared for Jewish customers (I think they even have a church on one floor). Don't let this put you off, it is a great hotel. They will ask you for a room deposit of 1,000THB pn, but they will settle for 500pn (mine was returned with no problems on check-out)

Overall Review?  - There are lot's of good modern hotels in Patts, so the bar is set very high. Centra Avenue is as good as 24 7, however it is around 400THB cheaper (altho' no free breakfast like 24 7). Centre Avenue has a fantastic location, good and modern tooms and presently offers a very cheap room rate. I will definitely stay again.

Lottellee Winna Score - 8.5 (out of 10)

centra 001.JPG

centra 003.JPG

centra 007.JPG

centra 008.JPG

centra 005.JPG

Jewish? Seriously, well okay - I'm kosher with that. But surely you mean synagogue?

Thanks for the review, looks good. Pretty much spoilt for choice for great value hotels in Pattaya right now.

Nice review. Not sure if I would stay there as I like to stay between Beach and 2nd road but it looks nice.

Thanks for taking the time for such a comprehensive review.

I will consider this place for future visits as the location is good for me.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Great review, thanks.

How was the noise level from other guests in the hotel? I visited the hotel in April and the guests were mostly the young and rowdy crowd.

Great review, thanks.

How was the noise level from other guests in the hotel? I visited the hotel in April and the guests were mostly the young and rowdy crowd.

The majority of the guests were well behaved (youngish) Korean couples. No noise problems at all.

Jewish? Seriously, well okay - I'm kosher with that. But surely you mean synagogue?

Yes mate...synagogue.  Funnily enough there were a couple of Arab lads staying there (I think Iraqi)...the set up didn't seem to bother them one bit.

Thanks for the review, looks interesting. A couple of points....

Are you sure about the price? Best non-pay-in-advance, cancellable price I can see on booking.com is 2k a night. I'm going first 2 weeks of September which is still low season maybe I could chance a walk-in deal?

Bathrooms are nice, walk in shower and a sink you can stand right up to. Good!

Bedrooms look small, no room for an easy chair? or as I call them in Areca Lodge.. the BJ chair!

Snazzy TVs are no good if they are just showing local crap. Any decent sport or movie stations?

Would love to know if they are OK with multiple girls or LBs..... anyone know?

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Great review and pics.

I would want an extra towel or something for the 20 baht daily tip you suggest.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review, looks interesting. A couple of points....

Are you sure about the price? Best non-pay-in-advance, cancellable price I can see on booking.com is 2k a night. I'm going first 2 weeks of September which is still low season maybe I could chance a walk-in deal?

Bathrooms are nice, walk in shower and a sink you can stand right up to. Good!

Bedrooms look small, no room for an easy chair? or as I call them in Areca Lodge.. the BJ chair!

Snazzy TVs are no good if they are just showing local crap. Any decent sport or movie stations?

Would love to know if they are OK with multiple girls or LBs..... anyone know?

I have just checked with Expedia (Australia) and it's advertised at 1,350THB. Much as I like it, I would only pay 1,500 max for this hotel in low season. No Mate, there is no easy chair - these rooms are for sleeping/shagging, there are no sofas or easy chairs (altho' maybe you get this with their deluxe rooms...anyone know?). Re' TV stations, there are more than just Thai channels - BBC/RT/AlJezeera, but they don't offer wall to wall sports channels, lucky there are 20+ sports bars within spitting distance to plug that gap.

Great review and pics.

I would want an extra towel or something for the 20 baht daily tip you suggest.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Cleaning girl very helpful - no probs with extra towel buddy.

Great review, thanks a lot!  Anyone know if they do a low season monthly rate?

Hi mate thanks for the feedback - appreciated. Sometimes you see monthly rates advertised in the hotel, but not on this occasion. Best email them and haggle.

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed here about two weeks ago and pretty much agree with everything in the OP.

The Synagogue is off the breakfast room and they were popping in and out putting their skull cap on and off while I ate.

Breakfast was a choice of two sets the only difference I could see was eggs anyway you want on one and a rice dish on the other. I went for scrambled eggs which were fine. Also came toast, a salad, coffee and water. To be honest I hadn't noticed salad on the list and didn't get the cereal that was but I was stuffed and didn't ask. Not a breakfast I could face every day on a long stay.

My room was advertised as a corner room and it was sort of. It was on an internal corner of the hotel rather than external. Looking at the pics in the OP the room was exactly the same apart from it had a balcony. I was pleased with the room but the would be described as Queen sized definitely not king.

No noise issues and we were on the front of the hotel.

For those with their own vehicle there is an underground car park.

Stayed here about two weeks ago and pretty much agree with everything in the OP.

The Synagogue is off the breakfast room and they were popping in and out putting their skull cap on and off while I ate.

Breakfast was a choice of two sets the only difference I could see was eggs anyway you want on one and a rice dish on the other. I went for scrambled eggs which were fine. Also came toast, a salad, coffee and water. To be honest I hadn't noticed salad on the list and didn't get the cereal that was but I was stuffed and didn't ask. Not a breakfast I could face every day on a long stay.

My room was advertised as a corner room and it was sort of. It was on an internal corner of the hotel rather than external. Looking at the pics in the OP the room was exactly the same apart from it had a balcony. I was pleased with the room but the would be described as queen sized definitely not king.

No noise issues and we were on the front of the hotel.

For those with their own vehicle there is an underground car park.

Nice summary mate - can I ask how much you paid and who you booked through? Thanks.

Nice summary mate - can I ask how much you paid and who you booked through? Thanks.

Booking.com

Somewhere just under 5000 for three nights. There were cheaper rooms but I like a balcony for a cig.

Booking.com

Somewhere just under 5000 for three nights. There were cheaper rooms but I like a balcony for a cig.

Thanks mate. I'm back in Patts next month, might stay Centra again.

Thanks for the review.

I've noticed the hotel when going to LK.

I'll probably be looking to stay in this area next time (whenever that may be!) so look forward to your frequent updates of various hotel options. :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Winna

Great review! I was wondering if you could give a brief comparison with 24/7 hotel on Soi 11. 

Softness of beds? 

Or is it much of a muchness? Depending on the deal you get.

Cheers

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Mr Winna

Great review! I was wondering if you could give a brief comparison with 24/7 Hotel on Soi 11. 

Softness of beds? 

Or is it much of a muchness? Depending on the deal you get.

Cheers

Mate - Thanks for the positive feedback, it's much appreciated.

There really is nothing to separate them, both are very good 3/4 star hotels. Regarding the bed, I like mine slightly firm (but not to Thai extremes), both beds were fine.

If I were you, I would make your decision on price and breakfast. If the price is the same, then choose 24/7 as they offer a free (and high quality breakfast). If however Centra Avenue is a couple of hundred THB less pn, than choose it.

I would recommend asking for high floor and rear facing rooms (very quiet).

Whichever of these two fine hotels you choose, you won't regret it. Let us know which one you choose.

Great review. I have two questions hopefully you can find the time to answer them. Exactly when did this hotel open? Is there any construction noise from other buildings being built? If so what rooms would you recommenced staying in to avoid the noise? Thank you.

Great review. I have two questions hopefully you can find the time to answer them. Exactly when did this Hotel open? Is there any construction noise from other buildings being built? If so what rooms would you recommenced staying in to avoid the noise? Thank you.

Mate thanks for the positive feedback. 

To my knowledge the hotel has been open for around 6 months. At the rear of the hotel some condos have already been constructed...so no more noise to come. I would recommend high floor rear rooms.

Best rate I could find for my trip in December was about 4000 a night on the hotel website. Very little availability showing on any of the usual sites. Even more expensive than Areca and LK Ren.

Ended up booking VT6.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Best rate I could find for my trip in December was about 4000 a night on the hotel website. Very little availability showing on any of the usual sites. Even more expensive than Areca and LK Ren.

Ended up booking VT6.

Wow. even in December, Centara Ave isn't worth 4k pn. Thank f&ck I am a low season guy. 

Archived