IGNORED

Buses to Victory monument

ronboy

I know awhile back the Government stopped mini vanes to Victory but i was in Hua Hin and a bus service said some Vans go to a small depot near Victory ?

I took the bus from Hua Hin to Bangkok airport so did not check it out . I like being next to Victory BTS.. 

So Is there a van service to Victory ?

I like Victory Monument too and was a big user of the white vans in the past 7-8 years. Since the ban at VM came in October 25th 2016 I have taken four white vans to and from Bangkok to Pattaya. However they have all gone to and from Mo Chit which I find a horrible place with rip off touts trying to get you to use motor bike taxis, tuk tuks and un metered taxis. The trip to Mo Chit adds 20-30 minutes onto most journey's. There is supposed to be a free shuttle bus to VM but I have not seen it and the non English speaking personell around Mo Chit IMO try make it as difficult as possible for tourists. I normally catch the 77 bus for a few baht from the old bus station at Mo Chit, takes me right past VM. Looking all around this area(VM) did not see one white van or van company. If I was going to Hua Hin or Ayutthaya personally I would take the train rather than white van. I know there are some white vans from Ekamai so my next trip to Thailand in October I will check them out and see what routes and destinations they take

At Tops Supermarket on second road / Pattaya Klang Junction they still have the big sign over the door saying Victory monument and Pratanum Market. 

Meant to check it out but didn't but if your in Patts you could check if they drop off / pick up close to Victory monument.

Mo Chit sounds like hard work!

I bought a ticket and departed from Central festival yesterday.

First, the van does not depart each hour as they say.....

2nd, you have to pay a ticket for the laggage, I paid 320 baht. Although, it was a small tiny suitcase....

3rd, the van stops somewhere on the way for 20 minuttes for people to buy something near a 7/11, if they need. That is not a bad thing, maybe.....

4th, that was the worth part, Me and 2 other farangs, were dropped off somewhere in the high way, 3 kilometers from Victory monument area. We had to take a taxi from there.....we were told that the buss should stops at that station, but it didn't......

This cheap way that mihght become expensive is not recommended, at all.

I paid 60 baht to central+320+200 baht taxi from the high way to my hotel in Nana area, that's 580 baht.

Belltravelservice is cheaper: 400 baht with big suitcase and "door-to-door" service !!!! Lot better or the best way is, of course a taxi !!!!

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the info here as I was going to catch a minivan from Victory Monument, but now (thanks) I know there are none there.

Archived