Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Prospective Marriage Visa Australia - Tell truth about bar?

jenolj

Hello,

I have been with my TGF since nov 2015 and she has flown twice to Australia and i have flown 3 times to thailand in that space of time.
We are in the process of applying for a more permanent stay and as she has worked as a manager in a bar in pattaya for 6 years. She is convinced if this finds its why onto an application that the thai embassy will block her application.

My retort to her is, its going to be difficult to hide and if we do not add it, where did you get your $ from, over the previous 6 years.

Is there any truth to the above? To anyone in a similar situation where their TGF worked in a bar what did you put on the application? 

We are planning on using a immigration agent located in Australia as they are a client of mine and she said she will do it for free but part of me thinks, it may be better getting it done by someone in thailand? Regardless of the $ difference?

Just now, jenolj said:

Hello,

I have been with my TGF since nov 2015 and she has flown twice to Australia and i have flown 3 times to thailand in that space of time.
We are in the process of applying for a more permanent stay and as she has worked as a manager in a bar in pattaya for 6 years. She is convinced if this finds its why onto an application that the thai embassy will block her application.

My retort to her is, its going to be difficult to hide and if we do not add it, where did you get your $ from, over the previous 6 years.

Is there any truth to the above? To anyone in a similar situation where their TGF worked in a bar what did you put on the application? 

We are planning on using a immigration agent located in Australia as they are a client of mine and she said she will do it for free but part of me thinks, it may be better getting it done by someone in thailand? Regardless of the $ difference?

I do not believe that they are allowed to make such a judgement for an Australian visa. I believe that the US is different.

IMO get the help you can get for free in Australia and do the stuff in Thailand yourself. Most of that is getting the documents together which an agent can not help with. You can get any certified documents at the VFS office for a fee.

You may wish to do an online application so that documents can be done at either end before scanning them and uploading them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Whatever details about GF's employment you choose to put on the form, make sure they're consistent with those that appeared on her first two (successful) applications.

Actually coming to think of it for a PMV what she does for work is not important as she does not need to provide a reason why she will leave Australia. She could just say that she is unemployed and being supported by you, if that is what you are doing.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

SB - That's common sense but im not sure common sense is a trait immi agents exercise regularly ;)

Kan - I agree

When I got married in Belgium I did not need the Thai embassy.

All documents handed out by Thai authorities needed to get translated and then first Belgian embassy and foreign affairs needed to approve it, once in Belgium she got interviewed by the police and some official from my village.

Nowhere in the process Thai embassy was involved.

That said, I would not say that she worked in a bar, I would make something up.

4 hours ago, jenolj said:

Can not speak for Australians but I did apply for a marriage papers from my countries embassy, The problem was not where she got the money, but more how we met. I told them in a restaurant but they didn't buy it. We then just told the truth, my girl worked for 3 month in a bar, but I was supporting her ever since, I provided the proof of the money transfers and that was sufficient. 

4 hours ago, andy666 said:

When I got married in Belgium I did not need the Thai embassy.

All documents handed out by Thai authorities needed to get translated and then first Belgian embassy and foreign affairs needed to approve it, once in Belgium she got interviewed by the police and some official from my village.

Nowhere in the process Thai embassy was involved.

That said, I would not say that she worked in a bar, I would make something up.

Translations for most documents are not required for Australian applications lodged in Bangkok. We translated only 3 or 4 documents and just submitted others with no translations done. The Australian embassy uses Thais to help process the applications so they don't need all documents translated.

Dont lie on your application, if they find out they can ban her for 3 years or even for cancel the visa later. Bar, prostitute whatever, the gov does not care about your occupation. They do care if you lie. I've taken girls and declared their bar and work to oz, no problems.

ummm

Dont lie on your application, if they find out they can ban her for 3 years or even for cancel the visa later. Bar, prostitute whatever, the gov does not care about your occupation. They do care if you lie. I've taken girls and declared their bar and work to oz, no problems.

How adult. In the US, someone can be denied entry for acts of moral turptitude. So admit to being a bar girl will result in being barred from the US. And lying on the application results in being removed. A catch 22.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

How adult. In the US, someone can be denied entry for acts of moral turptitude. So admit to being a bar girl will result in being barred from the US. And lying on the application results in being removed. A catch 22.

Why would you say she is a "bar girl?" You can just say she works in a bar. Why go into detail?

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, moucher said:

Yes, but this is about an Australian application. Australia is not as backward as the US.

Yes, but this is about an Australian application. Australia is not as backward as the US.

That was my point. Are live in the 1950s

Why would you say she is a "bar girl?" You can just say she works in a bar. Why go into detail?

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

The apply visa apps specifically ask if you ever engaged in acts of moral turptitude.

We are very prude and old fashion. It still asks if you were ever a member of the Nazi party.

Prostitues are employed legally in Australia and taxs are paid by brothels and employees. Its no different to being a dentist in our land of the free.

Sent from my SM-C5000 using Tapatalk

ummm

On 08/04/2017 at 5:38 PM, jenolj said:

Hello,

If I was in your position I'd have a chat to a Bar manager you know well enough and ask him / her for a letter stating that your TG was employed a a Cashier in their Bar. 

On 08/04/2017 at 5:38 PM, jenolj said:

Hello,

She has already been to Aus twice, when applying for those tourist visa's did she state what her current occupation was? If so what did she state and it would seem you need to be consistent with what has been stated on previous tourist visas. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 13 years' experience in visa applications to many countries including Australia.  It's not advisable to lie to the Australian Embassy about your GF's occupation.  However, you won't put down "bar girl" as her occupation although she works in a bar when you can simply put down "waitress" in the applicaiton form.  So far, I haven't come across one visa application refusal because of the applicant's occupation. Dr. No is right.   What did you put down in the previous visa applications as her occupation ?  It's better to be consistent.  If she stated in the previous applications as "unemployed", it will be a bad idea to state in this applicaiton that she has been working for 6 years as a manageress in a bar.  

It's true that you have to be more careful if you are making a settlement visa application to US because the American law will prohibit her from getting a settlement visa if she admits that she has been working as a "bar girl" with sex services for customers.  I came across one case when the applicant who was the owner of a bar in Pattaya got her settlement visa applicaiton refused at the interview following her confession that the bar girls working for her may be providing sex services to customers although she finally got her visa after I successfully assisted her in getting the waiver from the USCIS office.  

Honestly, I believe she has a very good chance in getting her settlement visa so long as you know how to prepare for all the required forms and supporting documents.  Good Luck !

Archived