IGNORED

Where can you donate old clothes in Pattaya

juice777

I've got quite a lot of old clothes mine and my ex girlfriends. Dose anyone know where I can donate them in Pattaya?

I wonderd if I could take them to a temple

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not really needed here, I don't think. Clothes are VERY cheap and don't know of any charities seeking them.

Pattaya Mail occasionally has adverts for charities seeking children's toys, etc. Maybe they need them?

At least 2 charity shops collect them all year long:

Thai wats seems to collect them, but on special events only (?)

Many Thai girls will be happy to bring back some clothes to their village too

Surely some Thai ladies living near your place will know where to bring them. Just ask them. :)

• 2 months later...

There are some foundations mentioned that can help you with that. But I would look around the area for people with kids and just ask them if they would want some stuff! As long as it's in good condition I'm sure heh would be happy to oblige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always give some leftover clothes to the room cleaner at my hotel, before I fly home!

Even if they can not use them themselves they will know some relatives or friends who will!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Twice when I moved house I just stacked stuff neatly outside the gates.....

.....whooska gone .

• 2 weeks later...

I usually bring 4-5 pairs of shoes, but leave with two.  Sneakers for daytime wear, another for wet weather conditions, and an out-of-style dress pair of shoes for Walking Street nightlife (Insomnia, etc. shoes that will likely get wet).  These are the shoes I leave behind.  I bring, and return, a nice pair of dress and casual shoes.

At theeend of my trip, I leave the donated shoes with the hotel and say,

รองเท้าคู่นบริจาคให้คนจน ไม่มีเงินซื้อรองเท้าไม่ได้

(Regarding these shoes, I'm donating them for the less fortunate who can't afford to buy shoes)

The staff at my hotel has always had a means to donate them to the optimal place/individual, and this has always been very well received.

I would not recommend bringing suede shoes to Pattaya.

• 2 months later...

There is also a bin to donate clothes and shoes next to the Robin Hood tavern in the Avenue mall.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

7 hours ago, Syd Tybil said:

There is also a bin to Donate clothes and shoes next to the Robin Hood tavern in the Avenue mall.

Good to know.  I brought five pairs of shoes, two disposable, that I don't plan to bring home.

I may, however, leave them at my hotel desk, as I normally do, and say,

รองเท้านี้บริจาคให้คนจน ไม่มีเงินซื้อรองเท้าไม่ได้

(I'd like to donate these shoes to a less fortunate person who does not have money to buy a pair of shoes)

I give them to a thai lady and she distributes them.  yes the thais do want them, so give to someone in the market or a charity.  plenty of homeless guys on the street to get a bagfull

There is also a bin to donate clothes and shoes next to the Robin Hood tavern in the Avenue mall.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well that's good to know I go in there to eat sometimes. I can take a bag down there at a time. My Ex is going to be pissed I have been waiting 9 months for her to get her shit out of my room. I keep telling her I am not a fucking warehouse.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived