IGNORED

Girl friendly Hotels Patong

Bigerfella37

Hi I know there have been some threads in the past about this topic mostly from the point of view of bringing back girls to your room you may have just met.

im in a little different situation as I will be meeting my LLT in Phuket for a holiday in late May.

we have been seeing each other just over a year and I've done all the meet the family bought her out here for a few months ect ect 

I i want to book a really nice 4/5 star hotel to stay but I'm worried that We/she may get a hard time I'm happy to book in both our names as a couple. 

But id rather avoid any issues like what I've read about getting charged joiners or worse being frowned apron after an enjoyable night out. ( which is a larg e part of our plans) apron our return.

so any advice appreciated 

Should be no issue ... book the room for 2 people.  When you check in she can show her ID or passport.  That should be it.  They won't give her any problems.  Done it a few times.

Yeah that's what I thought and certainly how it's been for me in Pattaya, Bangkok and Khon Kaen but I've read some ugly stories on this sight about Phuket, I think as its more westernised perhaps? 

Thanks for your advise cbmgolfer  where did you stay?

i might book there

If you both check in at a nice place at the same time, they won't question you. You could also mention that your girlfriend is checking in at a later point if she arrives later. Just let them know that you need another room key for her, and they'll understand that she's not just a bar girl. 

Stayed at La Flora last year with my then girlfriend from Pattaya. Just took copies of her ID and my passport at check-in, and that was it. She would come and go, even by herself without issue. In fact, it would be a bit insulting for them to make the assumption that the person you're checking in with is a bar girl and not your actual girlfriend, so I'm sure they'd lean towards assuming the relationship is legit. 

As a side note, that hotel was nice, but over priced in my opinion. You're paying for beachfront location that is also near Bangla Road, but the actual hotel is just ok. Slightly nicer rooms than something like Yorkshire, but not nearly the value. 

On 29 March 2017 at 9:48 AM, Little Evil said:

If you both check in at a nice place at the same time, they won't question you. You could also mention that your girlfriend is checking in at a later point if she arrives later. Just let them know that you need another room key for her, and they'll understand that she's not just a bar girl. 

Stayed at La Flora last year with my then girlfriend from Pattaya. Just took copies of her ID and my passport at check-in, and that was it. She would come and go, even by herself without issue. In fact, it would be a bit insulting for them to make the assumption that the person you're checking in with is a bar girl and not your actual girlfriend, so I'm sure they'd lean towards assuming the relationship is legit. 

As a side note, that hotel was nice, but over priced in my opinion. You're paying for beachfront location that is also near Bangla Road, but the actual hotel is just ok. Slightly nicer rooms than something like Yorkshire, but not nearly the value. 

Thanks little evil il Look La flora up Yourkshire looks to be booked up I understand it G/F anyway so I wouldn't expect any issues there but I've herd there have been some problems in other 4/5 star places when staying and I rather save myself and her the embarrassment. As its well known the Thais hate confrontation. 

Summer Breeze Hotel - The Friendliest Hotel In Patong Beach is just about opposite the Yorkshire Inn. About 5 years ago I tried to get in there with TG GF but it was full so we actually went to the Yorkshire Inn. I'd say it is not 4 star, but good 3 star.

More recently I have stayed several times at Kata Yai a few km south down the coast.  Sugar Marina Resort - Kata Beach is excellent and has some rooms with a bath big enough for two!. Hint though - breakfast is rather pricey and just routine. Walk down the road and drop into one of the numerous restaurants.

Kata Beach Resort is excellent, several pools and bang on the beach. Stayed there twice but high season prices are a bit much for my budget these days.

Transport into Patong is easy.

4 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Summer Breeze Hotel - The Friendliest Hotel In Patong Beach is just about opposite the Yorkshire Inn. About 5 years ago I tried to get in there with TG GF but it was full so we actually went to the Yorkshire Inn. I'd say it is not 4 star, but good 3 star.

More recently I have stayed several times at Kata Yai a few km south down the coast.  Sugar Marina Resort - Kata Beach is excellent and has some rooms with a bath big enough for two!. Hint though - breakfast is rather pricey and just routine. Walk down the road and drop into one of the numerous restaurants.

Kata Beach Resort is excellent, several pools and bang on the beach. Stayed there twice but high season prices are a bit much for my budget these days.

Transport into Patong is easy.

Thanks bonks it il take a look at Summer breeze and sugar Marina just a quick question how much does it cost and how do you travel into Patong from there? 

16 hours ago, Bigerfella37 said:

Thanks bonks it il take a look at Summer breeze and sugar Marina just a quick question how much does it cost and how do you travel into Patong from there? 

Two ways:

1. Take frequent public bus to Karon which is halfway between Kata and Patong and then get taxi or Songthaew ('two rows' of seats in small red pickup sort of mini truck).

2. Take taxi all the way from Kata to Patong. For return take taxi or Songthaew.

Cannot remember the cost but it was not a lot; if it was expensive, then it would be engraved on my brain! I cannot be bothered concerning myself with a couple of hundred bahts.

2 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Two ways:

1. Take frequent public bus to Karon which is halfway between Kata and Patong and then get taxi or Songthaew ('two rows' of seats in small red pickup sort of mini truck).

2. Take taxi all the way from Kata to Patong. For return take taxi or Songthaew.

Cannot remember the cost but it was not a lot; if it was expensive, then it would be engraved on my brain! I cannot be bothered concerning myself with a couple of hundred bahts.

Ok thanks much appreciated 

• 1 month later...

Should not be a proplem. Had thai girl check in a littelbit later at Millennium this year, no problem. A couple of other hotels will ask for girls name if you book for two people, and you check in first. Good to know original name then, and not just nickname. You can at some hotels Get stopped returning at night, but just say youre room number. (Had one nasty episode in Sleep with me hotel in february, but was not asked again later same trip) . Stayed Impiana seveal times, no proplem, becuse you leave key in reseption when you go out, and They probebly chec witout asking when you come back.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:27 PM, Bigerfella37 said:

Yeah that's what I thought and certainly how it's been for me in Pattaya, Bangkok and Khon Kaen but I've read some ugly stories on this sight about Phuket, I think as its more westernised perhaps? 

Thanks for your advise cbmgolfer  where did you stay?

i might book there

Been a long time, but stayed at a place called the Bamboo hotel in Karon ... quiet is all I remember.  Plus, being 50-ish, I was one of the younger people in Karon !

If you want resort style , with a nice big pool , 

Can recommend R Mar resort , but get the building near the pool , not the main building , if you like to be discreet and not walk past the crowds in the reception area 

• 1 month later...

I just had no problem checking into the Marriott Merlin Beach with my TG. I book two people and no one said anything or asked for her ID. In fact from the 3 days I was there I did not see any other Farang with a TG. Could be it is too far to go back and forth 2 twice a day and there are closer hotels to Patong. What really amazed me was that I didn't see (and I could count on one hand) but 2 or 3 Farang / TG couples walking around. I thought in Phuket from what I've heard about the night life, I'd see more of this. What further puzzled me was the number of western women (I guess mostly European & Aussie) running around the place, and also people with children. Just from my very short time in Phuket the difference between (Pattaya) the two is very large.

Archived