Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sam's Mexican & American Grill

zaphodbeeblebrox

Sam previously catered food at Shooter's (now known as Club Mirage) located on Soi Diamond. He has opened a restaurant on Jomtien Plaza (turn at the Hanuman statue, make a right turn when you pass Ace Cafe, and it is towards the end of Jomtien Paza, on your right).

491727-2.jpg

491727-3.jpg

The restaurant is small (max. seating is 14), but nicely decorated.

491727-4.jpg

491727-5.jpg

491727-6.jpg

The menu is what you would expect from Sam: appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, and a selection of Mexican items.

491727-7.jpg

491727-8.jpg

491727-9.jpg

491727-10.jpg

491727-11.jpg

I have previously eaten Sam's nachos and quesadillas which are very good, especially when washed down with some of the libations served at Shooters. We settled on a Mexican combination plate and a cheeseburger.

491727-12.jpg

491727-13.jpg

I had a beef taco. It was outstanding. By far, the best I have eaten in Thailand. I would have preferred shredded beef over ground beef, but the taco was very close to the type you would eat in a SoCal taco-burger stand. Next time, I will opt for the chicken taco, because the ground beef, while flavorful, didn't do justice to the rest of the taco which was crunchy and succulent. The enchilada, however, was a little disappointing. An enchilada lives off its sauce, and the sauce was just plain flat. No taste. I think Sam might need to import some poblano chilies. The rice was good, with a good smattering of spice and carrots. The beans were adequate, but also lacked in the flavor department. A little of Sam's nice salsa assisted in the flavor department.

The hamburger was really good. Another surprise. Ground beef in Thailand is usually terrible. Sam's burger tasted great! It was cooked properly, and was not dried out. And, it was topped with a slice of good ol' Kraft American cheese. Now, Kraft American cheese is an abomination. But, it is a necessary ingredient for an American comfort-food cheeseburger. It's like the cheese whiz on a Philly Cheesesteak. The french fries were properly cooked. While the portion was small, they were very good. The cole slaw was ok. A little too much mayonnaise, and not enough vinegar for my taste. The cabbage had gone soft, and I prefer a little more crunch.

Overall, a good experience at a brand new restaurant. The wait staff was friendly and the service was good. They might need to brush up on their English. I'll be back.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Looks good and prices reasonable. I'll have to try it when I get over there in Feb.

My mates and I will most def have to drop by fo sho!! Looks good. Thanks for the update. 30 days till wheels down.

Edited by TXTOYZ

Becareful, The toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow... Arriba Arriba Cabrones!!!