IGNORED

Washer only in-room, no dryer?

lithtic

I've seen numerous photos and hotel room reviews on YouTube that show a single clothes washer unit installed either in the kitchen or bathroom... But for some reason I have yet to see a dryer unit next to it, like most families have here in America.  Are dryers illegal there or something?  Do Thais prefer to dry their wet clothes on clotheslines on their balcony or something?

I'm just purely curious, as I am American and sort of used to seeing a washer WITH a dryer next to it.

I understand your point, having stayed with my sister in LA for while and observed that she would much rather burn gas than ever dream of putting clothes outside to dry.......

................but I think Thais generally just have more sense.   :o

not many hotels have washing machines your most probable looking at a condo 

personal choise most probably comes down all up costs.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

There are a few properties that have washing machines - you can inquire with the property, but sometimes these are "all-in-one" units that are not popular in the states ...

All-in-One WD Units at HD

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Just take your clothes to a laundry.

Robw

All in one washer/dryer iis very common in Asia. I have one in my condo but I don't use the dryer. In summers, it is so hot. all you need to do is hang the clothes in the balcony for half day. In winters, just about eight hours.

It is a 2 in 1 combination washer/dryer.  I have used them in condos, but the dryer function does not work too well.  The dry cycle runs a long time and the clothes still come out slightly damp, so you cannot fold the clothes and put them away.

bef89368-e4ab-4f01-912c-d9ba82c9d737.jpg

Put them on a hanger and leave them on you balcony or use a clothes horse

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I see... it's not that they are omitting the dryer, it's because in most cases it's part of the washer as a combo, something we don't see much of here in the US unless it's in a RV.  And yes I was browsing condo listings which is why it peaked my curiosity

While it is nice having a washing machine. It is just cheaper and convenient to hang clothes outside to dry.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

I guess if a dryer or dryer function is used then the heat is not going to be vented outside so it will turn the condo into an oven.

1 hour ago, CuppaTea said:

I guess if a dryer or dryer function is used then the heat is not going to be vented outside so it will turn the condo into an oven.

Inside the condo does not get hot from the dryer.  I am not sure where the heat is vented (recirculated?), but maybe that is why the dryer function does not work well.

1 hour ago, CuppaTea said:

No, when I moved in my condo, I have tested the machine. It was just a little warm around the washer/dryer. 

43 minutes ago, joeaf said:

Inside the condo does not get hot from the dryer.  I am not sure where the heat is vented (recirculated?), but maybe that is why the dryer function does not work well.

43 minutes ago, matrix123 said:

No, when I moved in my condo, I have tested the machine. It was just a little warm around the washer/dryer. 

I made my comment because I've got a small laundry room at home and it gets hot in there when the dryers on.

I've had this dryer for years though so the modern ones must work better, especially these ones that are integrated with the washer.

I've gathered that because it is always hot in Thailand and clothes dry quickly on a line or drying rack they are barely used or even known of even the small commercial laundries I've seen use drying racks. Most houses and even condo's have covered outdoor areas perfect for setting up the drying rack which is a must so your closes don't get faded by the hot sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No point having a dryer when they will dry outside so quickly as others have said. Most condos, apartments, etc.. don't even have a washer to begin with anyway. Laundromat nearby or they just wash it in a bucket.

Yes but it takes more effort to hang up each piece of clothing rather than move them from one machine to the next, which I am already too lazy to do.

one key thing to note is to use a good fabric softener if you are going to hang dry clothes,otherwise your clothes won't turn out as nice as using a dryer like

in the states.

Laundry services are as cheap as chips. Don't make the newbie mistake of allowing the laundry to charge you per item - ask them how much per kilo for wash, dry and iron.

Archived