IGNORED

Best way to get from Pattaya to Phi Phi Island?

lithtic

Hi guys,

From what I have researched so far, Phi Phi island is pretty much in the middle of the Gulf of Thailand, which makes it accessible by boat from either Phuket or Krabi.

I'm assuming the fastest way to travel would be a bus or taxi from Pattaya to BKK, then board a domestic flight from BKK to one of those two cities, followed by another bus or taxi to the port or pier, then a ferry or speedboat ride to the island?

If any of you have been to Phi Phi, which city did you board the boat from and how long was the entire journey from BKK?

About an hour to either Krabi or Phuket from DMK. Takes about an hour to get to the ferry point in Krabi and then another hour or so to Phi Phi. Similar times for Phuket. If you want to experience both Krabi and Phuket, you could do DMK-Krabi ferry to Phi Phi - ferry to Phuket and Phuket to DMK. Journey times would be the same or thereabouts....

9 people can't make a baby in one month

• 5 months later...

I did the air asia flight from pattaya to Phuket a few weeks ago , 

was surprised how long the cab ride was to the airport though , about 40 mins 

Yeah its a bit misleading the airport is closer to rayong

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

15 minutes ago, gmoule said:

Yeah its a bit misleading the airport is closer to rayong

Its actually about 50 km from Rayong and 40 km from Pattaya (yes i know Pattaya to Rayong via the Mway bypass is not 90km but thats a different route)

That said i do think its a bit mis-leading calling it "Pattaya airport" as it will take you 40 minutes or even longer in any kind of traffic.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Done this trip before. Start your journey early about 7am and you can be on Koh Phi Phi 1pm in the afternoon!

Taxi to Utapao airport 800B

Flight to Phuket 870B

Meterd taxi from Phuket airport to Rassanda pier 900B 

Ferry from Rassanda pier to Koh Phi Phi was about 350B if I remember correctly.

2920B and about 6-7 hours of traveling. Quite simple and hassle free.

Definitely worth it!

This actually works out cheaper and a hell of a lot quicker than taking a bus. Bus from Pattaya takes you to Phuket town in around 12 hours for about 1500 baht then your taxi from Phuket town to Rassanda (taxi Mafia operate in Phuket town) 1500 minimum! Plus your ferry 350. 

Just get a flight and taxis mate it's simple and cheap. 

If you do decide to go to Koh Phi Phi I 1000000000% reccomend the 'maya bay sleep aboard' trip. Try to book it a few days in advance. There is a website for it if you search google. It's the only tour operator that is allowed night time access to Maya bay. (The beach off the film 'The Beach') its strictly off bounds to any other tours after sunset. For about 2000 baht you are taken on a tour around Koh Phi Phis smaller islands such as mosquito island, monkey island and James Bond. You're given a sort of outdoor cabin on the top deck of the ship for you to sleep on. The boat harbours in Maya bay at about 8pm when it's totally dark and allows you to swim ashore to the beach and have a camp fire and BBQ. You can also swim with the glow in the dark plankton. Then you climb back aboard the ship for a drink and to sleep. Amazing experience I can't wait to do it again. 

Archived