Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Green Valley to close for Maintenance

Harve

Yep April 17th till November 1st. Closing to do some much needed maintenance .

Going to be fixing the leaking water pipes, sprinkler heads & attempting to fix the bunkers.

Don't know if any work will be carried out on the greens or not but one would hope it gets a decent makeover. 

I have a letter somewhere that they sent out regarding it if I can find it will copy it onto here, I usually just throw shit from them in the bin as their " mismanagement " that runs the place are a pain in the arse.

Members can play Silky Oaks & Saint Andrews at the same rate as GV but have to pay for the compulsory cart, from memory 600 baht for the cart.

They are also renaming it can't remember what thats gunna be should go from Green Valley to Korean Valley.

Wonder where about TGC in ok metro will play on a Monday as its Green Valley 99 times out of 100 on a Monday for them. Played it back in August and enjoyed the course.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

zI have heard Green Valley will offer both the other courses at discount to the various venues that play there.  Big drawback for some membership owners is carts are mandatory on the other courses.

We shall see,

zI have heard Green Valley will offer both the other courses at discount to the various venues that play there.  Big drawback for some membership owners is carts are mandatory on the other courses.

We shall see,

Discount?

We shall see indeed.

Course needed some help though.

Was worn the fuck out.

Discount?

We shall see indeed.

Course needed some help though.

Was worn the fuck out.

Tell me about it.  Im playing there twice a week these days.  Rumor is they will do a "Siam" style renovation.  No major redesign but complete replacement of the grass and bunkers.  Bear I mind this is new owners and they "plan" on building upscale houses there.  

Tell me about it.  Im playing there twice a week these days.  Rumor is they will do a "Siam" style renovation.  No major redesign but complete replacement of the grass and bunkers.  Bear I mind this is new owners and they "plan" on building upscale houses there.

US 1 million beside hole 1.

They will do it.

They don't fuck around.

Hope the members don't go thru the same shit as the Phoenix ones did on change of ownership.

Hope it works out any idea who is doing the renovation work. Siam was closed 12 months to the day but they had actually started working around the course  about 2 or 3 months before. 

Hope they can accomplish what they want in 6 1/2 months, would be nothing worse than to see a half ass job done, lets live in hope.

Bummer ... I get to Patts in May and always play GV .... looks like Khao Kheow and Greenwood will be seeing more of me this trip.

But! St Andrews at a lower rate is appealing ... and I would still get to go to Ban Chang ... for a beer!  :D

Silky Oak is 800 green fee at the moment (PSC rates)

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

after a few months of COMPULSORY cart ,

what's the chances of GV becoming COMPULSORY cart also ?

got to pay for those renovations some how

makes memberships not so attractive though   :Moon2:

I heard they may be thinking about a reduced cart fee for members during the closure period.

They should at least offer shared cart or a discount otherwise they are shafting the walking members

• 1 year later...

I played it in November 2017.

There seems to be an awful lot of trees missing and they had changed the course routing. Again. I think I've played 5 different course routings over the years and they have swapped a par4 and 5 around.

Doesn't make sense.

I could forgive it if they made the clubhouse better.

• 1 month later...

I try and avoid playing courses with compulsory  carts. I'm a mid handicapper who also enjoys trying to stay fit. Walking a golf course is worth at least 1,000 cals. Where, on the odd occasion, I end up playing courses where carts are compulsory, I just walk beside the cart. For me part of the fun is 'walking the golf course'. I always wonder when using a cart what the caddies role is supposed to be....oh yes it's to help you read putts :rolleyes:

Archived