IGNORED

London - Bangkok less than £300

gogo dog

Air Asia are starting flights Stansted to Kuala Lumpur £99 one way, see HERE

KUL - BKK - KUL with Air Asia is currently showing as around 552 Ringgits which is about £100.

Book before 30th November, Travel 11th March - 24th Oct 2009.

There you have it London - Bangkok return with optional stop off in Kuala Lumpur for less than £300

this should be great :Gift3:

its going to be on the low cost carrier principle...

long haul Ryanair setup...

expect to pay for grub on the plane!!!

its great though..

i'd sleep on the floor for that price :Oops1::GrinNod1:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I've checked most dates and havent been able to find anything under 400 quid including tax

I've checked most dates and havent been able to find anything under 400 quid including tax

According to their website

Fares are inclusive of Taxes and Surcharges

Maybe they are only selling a few seats at that price as a loss leader.

same as me 468 for apr11-27,n then need to get to pattaya

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Maybe they are only selling a few seats at that price as a loss leader.

Thats definitely the case. 400+ quid aint that good for economy seats on AA I reckon

I didnt like the idea that the cheapest prices were crammed in seats (smaller than regular long haul economy spacings) with regular seats (or as they call them XL seats) costing more than what it costs with, say, Eva etc.

The other thing to consider is that with ALL budget airlines, there will be fees to check you luggage in (any with Air Asia, anything over 15 KGS is 800 baht per kilo) and if you are wanting food / refreshments, this will be an add-on as well.

For sure, getting a return flight for 200 quid is amazing, but if their standard price is going to be 468 GBP (plus add ons) for small seats, i reckon I couldnt do 12 hours with that.

I think these budget aircarriers up the price by "X" ammount after EVERY seat sold. So the first one might be 99 pounds but once that is sold they add 5 pounds on and so on...............

I might be wrong but heard that from a girl that worked for one of them.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

I think these budget aircarriers up the price by "X" ammount after EVERY seat sold. So the first one might be 99 pounds but once that is sold they add 5 pounds on and so on...............

I might be wrong but heard that from a girl that worked for one of them.

I have family in the trade. What happens is

If there are 400 seats in economy, 75 will be available at the cheapest possible rate, 125 at the next higher rate, 200 at full price rate. They have codes such as Q class, P class or something, but just all refer to the varying prices of Economy which are all done on first come first serve basis for regular punters. I think travel agents and partner companies can qualify for the cheapest rates regardless if they had gone already.

actually the seat pitches are the same as ba and qantas at 31"

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I have family in the trade. What happens is

If there are 400 seats in economy, 75 will be available at the cheapest possible rate, 125 at the next higher rate, 200 at full price rate. They have codes such as Q class, P class or something, but just all refer to the varying prices of Economy which are all done on first come first serve basis for regular punters. I think travel agents and partner companies can qualify for the cheapest rates regardless if they had gone already.

this info is 100% right :Bravo1:

Guaranteed cheapest custom made t-shirts,polo shirts,hats, etc... For bars, restaurant's, hotels. We also specialize in exporting worldwide.

Currently in the process of changing locations but definitely still taking orders....Email, Call, or Visit us online at http://www.tshirtxpress.net

actually the seat pitches are the same as ba and qantas at 31"

comfort !!!!!! not fussed about inflight entertainment,

but think i,d ralther pay a bit more for comfort, but still to be convinced on the seat configeration time will tell & look forward to reports from those that choose to travel.

Still looks a good fare but how will other airlines respond ?

My favoured Emirates seem to be maintaining there fares to pay i guess, the new terminal at Dubai

What do you think ?

spider

comfort !!!!!! not fussed about inflight entertainment,

but think i,d ralther pay a bit more for comfort, but still to be convinced on the seat configeration time will tell & look forward to reports from those that choose to travel.

Still looks a good fare but how will other airlines respond ?

My favoured Emirates seem to be maintaining there fares to pay i guess, the new terminal at Dubai

What do you think ?

spider

Comfort and you favour Emirates?

Their 777-300ER economy cabins have 10 seats across, AFAIK all other airlines have a maximum of 9. Some aircraft have 400 economy seats as well as 40+ business class seats. Probably the highest seating density of any 777 operator and not a pleasant experience when the plane is full.

I didnt like the idea that the cheapest prices were crammed in seats (smaller than regular long haul economy spacings) with regular seats (or as they call them XL seats) costing more than what it costs with, say, Eva etc.

The other thing to consider is that with ALL budget airlines, there will be fees to check you luggage in (any with Air Asia, anything over 15 KGS is 800 baht per kilo) and if you are wanting food / refreshments, this will be an add-on as well.

For sure, getting a return flight for 200 quid is amazing, but if their standard price is going to be 468 GBP (plus add ons) for small seats, i reckon I couldnt do 12 hours with that.

Where do you get the idea their seats are smaller than legacy carriers? The seat configuration (30 premium and 256 economy class seats in a 2-2-2 and 2-4-2 configuration respectively) on the aircraft is identical to that offered by the likes of Cathay Pacific.

The A340-300 aircraft will be configured with 256 economy seats (with a seat pitch of 32 inches) and 30 “XL” seats (60-inch pitch), which the carrier says will offer “the spaciousness and comfort equivalent to business class seat on legacy carriers' without the extra frills like check-in desks and airport lounges”.

by the time you factor in all the costs, its cheaper to go with another carrier straight to bkk?! :Whistle:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

seats were available last night @£198 return including tax, but could not have been many as all gone today!! got to be quick.

by the time you factor in all the costs, its cheaper to go with another carrier straight to bkk?! :)

At the time I made the OP seats were available at £99, see nicb's post above. Obviously at that price they will sell quickly.

Air Asia are starting flights Stansted to Kuala Lumpur £99 one way, see HERE

KUL - BKK - KUL with Air Asia is currently showing as around 552 Ringgits which is about £100.

Book before 30th November, Travel 11th March - 24th Oct 2009.

There you have it London - Bangkok return with optional stop off in Kuala Lumpur for less than £300

The only option from London is KL. I thought they were offerring oward flights in SE Asia as a package. It's

Edited by Glynrhedyn

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.

Mate the prices are up already £99 was hard to find going out , returns seem cheaper. Still OK for one way though £220