IGNORED

Newbie Questions for Darkside

cytolliver

First of all, I did read the forum and all subjects but info on this area is pretty scant.  Secondly, this will be my 30th trip to Thailand for mongering so I am not a newbie in that sense and I speak fluent Thai.

Some questions:

Best way to get there other than a motor bike?  I dont mind walking a couple miles but coming back are there taxis and how much is the taxi?

What is the average barfine and what do girls expect for ST and LT? Seems most girls there are older or not as attractive but I am sure there are some diamonds in the rough here and there and maybe a random young hottie or older hottie.

Which bars usually have the most girls working there?  I dont mind checking out all the bars but seems that there are a lot of bars with 2 girls and the owner.

in my limited experience of the darkside....

taxi (car) most I paid was 200b (ask the bar to call one)

only did short time on site = paid 1000 all in, including room (2016) 

definitely a few diamonds on that side but i'd question if its really worth the bother. I only go there because I have a mate who lives that side

food - much cheaper

Best way to get there other than a motor bike?  I dont mind walking a couple miles but coming back are there taxis and how much is the taxi?

The bars are spread out in a wide area so walking is not really doable . Most taxis don't have a clue when you mention the name of a bar .

Many bars are tucked away in smaller streets and not always easy to find if you're not familiar with the area . Better to hook up with someone

who knows the area . Taxi back to town will be somewhere between 200 and 300Bht .  

What is the average barfine and what do girls expect for ST and LT? Seems most girls there are older or not as attractive but I am sure there are some diamonds in the rough here and there and maybe a random young hottie or older hottie.

Barfines are usually 300ST and 300/500LT depending on time of day . Girls looking for 1000ST and 1000/1500LT . Good mix of older and younger girls ATM in most bars . Always a few diamonds to be found . Attitude most of the time better

than downtown .  

Which bars usually have the most girls working there?  I dont mind checking out all the bars but seems that there are a lot of bars with 2 girls and the owner.

Some of the better bars are Aqua Demie , Scrapyard , Fabrice , Birdcage (and the 2 bars next door) , Kik ... all of them closed aircon bars ... but all of them 

can be hit or miss as well . 

• 2 weeks later...

There are 3 sois on the DS where you can find pockets of concentration of bars., Khao Talo, Khao Noi and Nern Plab Wan, Maybe try one soi at a time.

If you can get to the Nern Plab Wan/Sukhumvit intersection you can catch a 10 baht pick-up truck taxi, take it up to the top of NPW and you can hit 8 Ball, Honey Pot, Aqua Deymie, Scrapyard, Fabrice, Stumble and Brass Monkey (all within a short walking distance from each other)

On Khao Noi, the following bars are within walking distance from each other; Le Rouge, Bandito's, Paradice, Golden Flower and further up the hill is Black Swan, Mango, Rendevouz, Black Sheep and a few few others.

On Khao Talo there is 10-15 small beer bars within walking distance from each other.

Archived