IGNORED

Dodge Demon

QuotaMan

I posted a thread 3 years ago about the Dodge Hellcat.

The big buzz this year is the release of the Dodge Demon, which will be previewed at the Auto Show in April this year.

Not much information has been released by Dodge, except for some tease shots about the specs and options.

Looks like it's going to be a monster. Like I said in the other thread, I'm not a big Dodge fan, but damn this one sounds sweet.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/02/11/dodge-gives-slow-rollout-its-most-demonic-car-yet/97789650/

From the slow-motion rollout that Fiat Chrysler is giving its latest performance model, this much is clear: the new Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will be fast. Really fast.

The company is releasing new videos leading up to the New York Auto Show in April, where Demon will make its debut. The videos, including the latest,  "Forced Induction," are all finding a home on a special website. 

Tim Kuniskis, FCA's head of passenger car brands, has said that the Demon would be more powerful than the Challenger Hellcat models, which are powered by a 6.2-liter, supercharged V-8 engine that delivers 707 horsepower.

The Auburn Hills, Mich., automaker has offered a few details for enthusiasts, noting that "the key to increasing the power output of the Challenger SRT Demon’s supercharged Hemi, or any engine for that matter, is a function of how much cool air you can get in the engine."

So, the SRT has a few extras to "maximize the Demon's full potential":

The largest functional "air grabber" cold air intake ever installed on a production vehicle at 45 inches.

A  larger air box sealed and ducted to the hood scoop.Two illuminated and functional "air catcher" headlamps.

Fiat Chrysler has released only limited information about its new Demon — a muscle car from the 1970s — since it announced its planned release last month.

"The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car and a half second is your reputation," Kuniskis said last month.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32339/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-everything-we-think-we-know/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=c_zw62uIa4k

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I was behind a Charger SRT last night. Huge thing it was!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 3 months later...

Hot Rod mag tested the car.. Nice advertisement, uh I mean drag test. Looks like a 9 second machine from the factory...Includes a set of drag radials front and back.. with the optional(1.00 USD) drag pack includes littles for the front, along with a bunch of other cool stuff. Using the standard. aircon/ inertcooler and high test on the smaller tires, got booted from the NHRA sanctioned track for running too quick and too fast. Any pass under/ over 10.00 and 135 needs a certified cage/ bar setup.. Ran a 9.65 at over 140.00 STREET STOCK STREET LEGAL SMOG LEGAL. ..Fully warranted / insurable, and all for about 86K. Yeah I know the Lambos, Ferraris, Bugs etcetera are faster, and go around corners and are better crumpet collectors, but the Dodge is the quickest at it's game.  Think about it, That is an air-conditioned daily drivable in iconic Stone Woods Cook / BIG JOHN AA/GS territory.

A lot of debate as to whether it's a Tesla beater, which is the yardstick now. What a strange world!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Archived