IGNORED

Phone Recommendations

Whooah

Planning my trip to Pattaya. I do not want to use my existing phone while there for line app, Thai Friendly, etc.

Could I have your recommendation on a phone I could buy to use for trips like this? Buy in US or once in Pattaya?

Thanks!

Wouldn't buy a phone from Thailand there are alot of fakes on the market, plus there about the same price back home 

I have a 4th Gen moto g very good phone I would have preferred the 32gb one but not available at the time, so I got a dual sim 16 Gb one it is a very good budget phone.

• 2 weeks later...

If you just want a throw-away phone, there's a cheap Chinese Android phone under the Blu brand. I think the X2 is on Amazon for around $80. Outdated specs (around a Galaxy S3), but some of the versions are dual sim. That's the big plus, as you could use your home sim to keep up on incoming home calls and texts, and a Thai sim for data. Just note that you have to get the world-compatible model. I was thinking about going that route myself, as my Galaxy S6 went for a swim on my last trip and I was out the full amount (no insurance). Still though, how long are you away? It would suck having to use this thing for over a couple weeks. 

Archived