Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Good taxi service in Phuket?

jbnv2400

Nope... The Phuket taxi mafia rule. For a decent experience, cough up for your hotel limo, or roll your own on a motorcycle.

I actually asked my regular Pattaya taxi girl if she knows anyone in Phuket. She apparently lined me up with someone for the end of this month. I'll let you know if this turns out to be someone good or just a person off the street. I trust my taxi girl though. Used her taxi a half dozen round trips to Patts now, so I would like to think she actually knows whoever is driving me to Patong.

• 2 months later...
I actually asked my regular Pattaya taxi girl if she knows anyone in Phuket. She apparently lined me up with someone for the end of this month. I'll let you know if this turns out to be someone good or just a person off the street. I trust my taxi girl though. Used her taxi a half dozen round trips to Patts now, so I would like to think she actually knows whoever is driving me to Patong.

How was your experience mate?

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

19 minutes ago, googlechap said:

How was your experience mate?

My Patts taxi girl set me up with a Thai driver named John. I completely forgot about this post and erased his contact after leaving Phuket. He was actually pretty good. Spoke solid English, drove responsibly, and had a clean car. Paid more than I probably should have at 1200 bht from HKT to the Yorkshire, but I think some of that got kicked back to my regular driver as a referral, so I didn't have an issue with it. I might be able to get his contact if you're interested, assuming she knew him and it wasn't just a one-off the street. 

My Patts taxi girl set me up with a Thai driver named John. I completely forgot about this post and erased his contact after leaving Phuket. He was actually pretty good. Spoke solid English, drove responsibly, and had a clean car. Paid more than I probably should have at 1200 bht from HKT to the Yorkshire, but I think some of that got kicked back to my regular driver as a referral, so I didn't have an issue with it. I might be able to get his contact if you're interested, assuming she knew him and it wasn't just a one-off the street. 

Yes please, that would be most appreciated.

I am on a non mongering trip with my wife and kid this June and considering Phuket and Krabi.
Given my flight lands and takes off from HKT I will need a reliable and safe means of transport.

I think I know Patts like back of my hand but this will be my first trip to Phuket and Krabi so any suggestions are welcome.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

6 minutes ago, googlechap said:

I am on a non mongering trip with my wife and kid this June and considering Phuket and Krabi.
Given my flight lands and takes off from HKT I will need a reliable and safe means of transport.

I think I know Patts like back of my hand but this will be my first trip to Phuket and Krabi so any suggestions are welcome.

Let me see what I can do.  I'll PM you later tonight or tomorrow morning--whenever she gets back to me. 

Check if your hotel provides you transport option, that would be a better choice when traveling with family. Otherwise, there are plenty of counters at the airport and at exit for taxi. They have shared van and private taxi options and since you are traveling with family, private taxi will be better. Private taxi to Patong will cost b600 and it might be more for mini van.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Archived