IGNORED

Locked out of Hotmail....hacked

Harvey707

Clearly I have been hacked (nothing to do with this board)

I use the password reset using alternate email address for verification and still wont let me back in when password reset. Twice I have done it simply wont let me in

Any suggestions guys....??

As far as I am aware if set up and locked out Hotmail take you through some questions etc then good to go

My X tried to get into mine in fact she did but as I listed a Mobile number I got a alert of change

Have you had no notification or when resetting password stages on fav colour or shit like that

Maybe site you using is in fact not hotmail but a bogus one

If using phone you may of disabled account so phone now no longer set up

Maybe try another device see if you can go through all stages failing that maybe you are hacked by a x etc which case you fucked if they smart cos now they you and only action is to contact Hotmail and explain

They do and will take a security breach serious trust me

Clearly I have been hacked (nothing to do with this board)

I use the password reset using alternate email address for verification and still wont let me back in when password reset. Twice I have done it simply wont let me in

Any suggestions guys....??

I had my Hotmail hacked, tried the alternate email like you and that didn't work either.

Had to contact Hotmail telling them I couldn't access my account, they replied asking for details of folders/emails and their contents to prove it was my account. Provided a number or details, after a day or two was given access by Hotmail.

Checked the settings and the alternate email had been changed to a yahoo account. Bombed it with about 10,000 abusive emails (cut and paste the email address numerous times in to, cc & bcc)

Happened to me in 2011 and a couple months ago, really hate it.

People still use hotmail these days???

Sure, have been using it for nearly 20 years, some things i just don't like to change.

Hi Harvey

Are you saying Hotmail wont let you back in or the board is failing somehow?

I assume you have access to the board as you are posting now.

If you need to change anything for the forum access please PM me.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Hi Harvey

Are you saying Hotmail wont let you back in or the board is failing somehow?

I assume you have access to the board as you are posting now.

If you need to change anything for the forum access please PM me.

No nothing to do with Pattaya Addicts WS I assure you

To others guys who responded Yes the code was sent twice to alternate email address no problem accepted then tells me to give new passwords etc

No problem there go to sign in and wrong password comes up again

Ive gone internet shop just in case it was laptop but same..... I'm seriously fucked on that account its got so much sensitive information with a random 17 character/number password that simply must be unbreakable apart from a programme designed to do it.

Any other suggestions please whack them up and will come back to thread Sunday......Cheers guys

This is Ting Tong. Clicked on questionarre link which actually took me into password reset again.

Reset and this time I'm in.  I log out go up Siam Secure come back and now got wrong password again !!

Have you used Skype? My hotmail password was changed to Skype password, i didn't want it to, it just did it, got confusing and kept resetting

Could be when first setting up computer asked save and remember password you as it your computer clicked yes Any other password changes would unless you update revert back to when logging in old password and whilst you said you then got in once but trying again locked out this would be as listed above

You can going into computer get up your passwords listed or update but not sure how to list steps

Maybe keep trying to get in with reset again and a ball on should somewhere appear saying remember password which will need clicking other than that I am fucked if I can think of anything else to suggest but after you update it is IMO unlikely a hack occurred

Do a malawarebytes scan on your pc before you try again......seems you may have a virus ALSO run adwcleaner

hotmail is the easiest email to hack, most people left it for a good reason.

switch to gmail or yahoo if you are looking for another free email, more security on those with 2 step login process available (via phone key etc)

hotmail is the easiest email to hack, most people left it for a good reason.

switch to gmail or yahoo if you are looking for another free email, more security on those with 2 step login process available (via phone key etc)

Hotmail does 2 stage verification if you switch it on. Can be a pain though if you change sims

My easy fix suggestions are these.

Do the full reset password procedure that last time allowed you to get into your Hotmail account, do so then log out.

On your computer set up a new user account that is a Microsoft account, I'm assuming you are not logging into to one because your having to input a password to access your Hotmail. With this account you are automatically logged into Hotmail and just click on the Mail app to open it..

If you are using this account and your getting the error message then if you have a different user account (If you haven't then create a new one that is NOT a Microsoft account),  and use a different browser to your normal one, eg Firefox, Chrome etc.

Then do a search for Hotmail and try to manually log in with your new password.

The reasons for this are all users on your computer are self contained entities, only your Admin user account can cross contaminate other accounts or if your in a non Admin account and are asked to enter your admin account password to allow changes. This is not 100% true as virus can get in without this permission but lets play the probability percentages.

This link may help

http://www.howtogeek.com/224847/how-to-set-up-and-configure-user-accounts-on-windows-10/

Everyone should install this for checking out their system for viruses and its free in addition to whatever AV protection they are using.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

I don't know how good you are with this type of stuff, I'm certainly no expert but what Ive said is worth trying, also never ever use your Admin account for day to day activity's.

Personally I think its either the user account your using or the browser on that account that is putting in the old default password so this stuff should get round it.

Also once your up and running again I would open a different email account, one with Google because Hotmail is very yesterday.

Good luck :GoldenSmile1:

Could be when first setting up computer asked save and remember password you as it your computer clicked yes Any other password changes would unless you update revert back to when logging in old password and whilst you said you then got in once but trying again locked out this would be as listed above

You can going into computer get up your passwords listed or update but not sure how to list steps

Maybe keep trying to get in with reset again and a ball on should somewhere appear saying remember password which will need clicking other than that I am fucked if I can think of anything else to suggest but after you update it is IMO unlikely a hack occurred

Control panel >credentials Manager  >right click Microsoft pin/passwd> to see the wanted passwd or reset/remove it

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Control panel >credentials Manager  >right click Microsoft pin/passwd> to see the wanted passwd or reset/remove it

Good man ☺

Thanks Guy am back in via the Questionairre. My date of Birth had been changed plus I was a female !

Gave up on hotmail a year ago just keep it for an alternative email address. Gmail is far better IMO

Gave up on hotmail a year ago just keep it for an alternative email address. Gmail is far better IMO

Ive never had problem before this time. Like someone else said Ive had the account must be close 20 years and filing cabinets are huge on it.

Just shows that getting locked out can be a nightmare.....I was convinced my flight home was the 7th but when I book taxi I always double check. Couldnt do it in the end had to phone airline in Bangkok with no reference number. Not easy to find me especially when it turned out to be the 6th instead. Yes I would have seen but just shows what inconvience it can be

Ive never had problem before this time. Like someone else said Ive had the account must be close 20 years and filing cabinets are huge on it.

Just shows that getting locked out can be a nightmare.....I was convinced my flight home was the 7th but when I book taxi I always double check. Couldnt do it in the end had to phone airline in Bangkok with no reference number. Not easy to find me especially when it turned out to be the 6th instead. Yes I would have seen but just shows what inconvience it can be

i should think that for such important things  you just print it virtual to your pc/ laptop ,ready to be prepared for online check-in  (as i always do , never trust last moment internet acces ...)

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Archived