IGNORED

Staying in a flat/condo instead of a hotel

Guest Qwert06

Guest Qwert06

next year i am hopefully going to stay for at least 4 months. I have always wondered about staying in a condo instead of a hotel. Is this a good idea, i am not fussed about a pool or being close to the beach but would not want to be too far out, IE still on the bahtbus route along 2nd road and beach road.

Any advice on where to stay and cost etc?

next year i am hopefully going to stay for at least 4 months. I have always wondered about staying in a condo instead of a hotel. Is this a good idea, i am not fussed about a pool or being close to the beach but would not want to be too far out, IE still on the bahtbus route along 2nd road and beach road.

If you are able to 'stretch' to 6 months then your options are much greater as this is the bottom end of what is considered to be long term rental.

If you sign a 6 month contract you will be expected to put down 1 month rent as a returnable deposit and you will pay monthly in advance.

I had a large condo in Center Condos (Pattaya Tai; virtually opposite TukCom and above the Blue Lagoon GoGo) comprising open plan Lounge / Kitchen; double bedroom and bathroom. Also had a balcony and the place was fully furnished. 15000 THB a month plus utiliies of around 2000 THB a month.

If you want to move out of town a bit, then houses on the darkside can be got for considerably less than this.

Have a look nearer the time as to what is available would be my advice.

Guest Qwert06
If you are able to 'stretch' to 6 months then your options are much greater as this is the bottom end of what is considered to be long term rental.

If you sign a 6 month contract you will be expected to put down 1 month rent as a returnable deposit and you will pay monthly in advance.

I had a large condo in Center Condos (Pattaya Tai; virtually opposite TukCom and above the Blue Lagoon GoGo) comprising open plan Lounge / Kitchen; double bedroom and bathroom. Also had a balcony and the place was fully furnished. 15000 THB a month plus utiliies of around 2000 THB a month.

If you want to move out of town a bit, then houses on the darkside can be got for considerably less than this.

Have a look nearer the time as to what is available would be my advice.

Cheers mate. I would want to be in town though. When i go back in june i'll have a look about. the kind of place you are describing is exactly what i would be looking for. i take it that includes a maid service etc?

Cheers mate. I would want to be in town though. When i go back in june i'll have a look about. the kind of place you are describing is exactly what i would be looking for. i take it that includes a maid service etc?

Your ladyfriend visitors will look after you in the main (and that includes giving the condo a quick clean)

For reference, the condo was around 80 - 90 sq metres in size I'd estimate.

Walking time from the condo entrance to Secrets was under 4 minutes. Useful to know for the start of the daytime hostess shift at 1pm :sad:

I posted some information and pictures here : http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index...ost&p=22930

The discrepency in the utility charge only came to light after I'd left and was the cause of all sorts of problems that I won't bore you all with.

Guest Qwert06
Your ladyfriend visitors will look after you in the main (and that includes giving the condo a quick clean)

For reference, the condo was around 80 - 90 sq metres in size I'd estimate.

Walking time from the condo entrance to Secrets was under 4 minutes. Useful to know for the start of the daytime hostess shift at 1pm :sad:

yeah i have had girls clean my hotyel room before while i've been in the shower without asking, although i came out and one was in my drawers so she got told to get out even though there was nothing of worth in the drawer, it was the principle

When I get back in June I will be looking for a long term rental. I have found a place in the Soi Buakhao on the net that looks promising. I like that area and it is quite convenient. They have different rates for rents on a month, 6 month and 12 month basis. I am sure that you will be able to find others that are similar. The place that I plan having a look at is called Diana Estate Condos.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Guest Qwert06
When I get back in June I will be looking for a long term rental. I have found a place in the Soi Buakhao on the net that looks promising. I like that area and it is quite convenient. They have different rates for rents on a month, 6 month and 12 month basis. I am sure that you will be able to find others that are similar. The place that I plan having a look at is called Diana Estate Condos.

They are exactly what i am looking for. WiFi or some sort of internet connection would be handy too.................

If anyone else has links to other online condo rental places in PATTAYA please feel free to add them............

• 4 weeks later...

The cost of hotels (staying at) in Pattaya varies per the season, i.e. the high season is from November till April, with the very high season being over Christmas and New Year. A very good 3 star/low 4 star hotel will be under 1,000 baht a day in low season, but might be round about 1,500 baht in high season.

A basic 3 star hotel can go from between 650 - 750 baht p/day depending on the season, or how many rooms they have available at the time. However, some of the basic 3 star hotels do not necessarily have restaurants - which is no problem in Pattaya as there are plenty of all types imaginable all over the place.

If you don't know Pattaya, I would suggest you go to www.asiarooms.com (and select Pattaya - if that is where you want to go) to checkout the hotels and their location; they always include their location and a map.

If you want any information on condos (I own 2 in Jomtien), drop me a line on [email protected].

Guest Qwert06
The cost of hotels (staying at) in Pattaya varies per the season, i.e. the high season is from November till April, with the very high season being over Christmas and New Year. A very good 3 star/low 4 star hotel will be under 1,000 baht a day in low season, but might be round about 1,500 baht in high season.

A basic 3 star hotel can go from between 650 - 750 baht p/day depending on the season, or how many rooms they have available at the time. However, some of the basic 3 star hotels do not necessarily have restaurants - which is no problem in Pattaya as there are plenty of all types imaginable all over the place.

If you don't know Pattaya, I would suggest you go to www.asiarooms.com (and select Pattaya - if that is where you want to go) to checkout the hotels and their location; they always include their location and a map.

If you want any information on condos (I own 2 in Jomtien), drop me a line on [email protected].

I know mate i stay in the sabailodge all the time and got a room there for 700 a night from dec 17th till feb 14th just past. I'm sorted for a condo now anyway.

Cheers anyway.

I know mate i stay in the sabailodge all the time and got a room there for 700 a night from dec 17th till feb 14th just past. I'm sorted for a condo now anyway.

Cheers anyway.

That's a good price (for the Sabai Lodge) especially over Christmas/New Year.

• 4 months later...

This looks like a good place to stay scumbag. Did you end up going there if so are is it as good as it looks? Looking at the map this is near the Nirun condo complex? and can be a bit of a pain walking to the baht bus routes.

Anymore info on this would be appreciated I am looking for 7 weeks in Dec/ Jan 2008

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

• 2 weeks later...

If only staying a month, could a condo still be a good idea? I've tried eveything else, and condo living seems to be a big improvement over most hotels.

Right now I'm focusing on the View Talay (preferably project 5). Any other condo suggestions?

And have others found better value from condos rather than hotels?