IGNORED

Liverpool's 125th Anniversary

blue1878

Today is Liverpool's 125th Anniversary but they wont be celebrating.

They wont be celebrating because Liverpools first secretary tried to form a new Everton and called the new team Everton Football Club and Athletic Grounds Company plc.

But a meeting at the Football Council on 4th of February 1892 ruled that it could not approve membership of a new club with the same name as an existing member! 

Unable keep the Everton F.C. the club was named after the entire city rather than one of its suburbs, even adopting by 1894 the City's colour of red for the playing shirts and by 1901 the Liverbird as the crest.

The name change didnt happen till june 1892

So for 5 months they decided to call themselves Everton

So rather than celebrate there 125th Anniversary now I think they will wait till june.

SO THERE WILL ONLY EVER BE ONE EVERTON

SO IN 1892 LIVERPOOL TRIED AND FAILED TO PINCH EVERTON'S NAME

SHAME ON LIVERPOOL

Well Lloydies, the gauntlet has been thrown down!  :GoldenSmile1:

Well Lloydies, the gauntlet has been thrown down!  :GoldenSmile1:

vimto66 we both know that Lloydies cannot argue against my facts because they are true.  On the 26th January the founder of Liverpool tried to steal Everton's name.  He registered a new club and called the new club Everton but a few months later had to change it to Liverpool.  I cannot find the original story that I read yesterday but if you read the attachment to this  posting you will see that it is true.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/liverpool-football-club-is-formed

So Liverpool should be celebrating there 125th year now  :LMFAO:

Just goes to show you actually can make a silk purse out of a sows ear.  :GoldenSmile1:

Just goes to show you actually can make a silk purse out of a sows ear.  :GoldenSmile1:

I just knew someone else would reply  :LMFAO:

125 years is along time to carry a big chip around on your shoulder. No wonder they call depression getting the blues. :GoldenSmile1:

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

125 years is along time to carry a big chip around on your shoulder. No wonder they call depression getting the blues. :GoldenSmile1:

No I just think it's funny that when Liverpool were formed they wanted to call themselves Everton  :ThumbUp6:

No I just think it's funny that when Liverpool were formed they wanted to call themselves Everton  :ThumbUp6:

Not as funny as the amount of trophies Liverpool have won compared to Everton and in a shorter space of time.

Always in our shadow!

Not as funny as the amount of trophies Liverpool have won compared to Everton and in a shorter space of time.

Always in our shadow!

Lloydies thats what I like about you "Your not Original"  :LMFAO:

Archived