Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Multiple Entry Non-Imm O Now More Difficult From Australia

Scumbag

First of all this is about the multiple non-immigrant type O visa for visiting a family in Thailand. It is not about the retirement visa which is a type O-A.

It appears that they are clamping down on the issuing of these visas and they must now be approved by the embassy in Canberra.

They require a reason for why you want one a multiple entry visa. Here is a list of the extra documents they told me are required:

- letter explaining why you want a multiple entry visa

- letter from employer stating salary, position, length of employment and roster details (it seems that they may only issue a visa if you are on a FIFO situation as they mentioned it)

- 3 months pay slips

- bank statement showing a reasonable balance

It is possible that they are clamping down on people (like myself) who are using them to stay more or less the whole year in Thailand.

I checked the websites of the consulates in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane and they all say the same (an example is below). The only exception is that I found no mention on the Sydney consulate's website. I was told that applications may take longer to process because of this.

It appears that there have been no changes in the way single entry visas are processed.

Example notice from Brisbane: IMPORTANT- AS OF 15 AUGUST 2016, THERE ARE STRICT REQUIREMENTS REGARDING THE ISSUANCE OF MULTIPLE ENTRY NON -IMMIGRANT VISAS, WHICH WILL ONLY BE ISSUED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECT TO DISCUSS ANY SUCH APPLICATION.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Just applying for a partner 309 for wifey from Canada,cause we are thinking of going back for 18 months and hanging.

$6500 lol.

Just applying for a partner 309 for wifey from Canada,cause we are thinking of going back for 18 months and hanging.

$6500 lol.

Actually it is $6865, but I guess you are talking Canuck$ ... :P

I am not concerned about this change as my wife got her partner visa at the end of last year. We are moving to Australia in about 3 month's time so I am not going to have to worry about Thai visas for a while.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Actually it is $6865, but I guess you are talking Canuck$ ...:P

I am not concerned about this change as my wife got her partner visa at the end of last year. We are moving to Australia in about 3 month's times so I am not going to have to worry about Thai visas for a while.

Good for you.We are just trying to figure out a way to go back and hang for a while,spend some time with the oldies before they shuffle off and put the boy in the mighty Nabiac Primary.

I guess we will just have to get a one year tourist and wing the medical.

She will work for me anyways down there,so it ain't no thing.

Shame though,that they don't have something simple for her.No use going for Citizenship,as she really won't need it.

I'm wondering if there is some grounds for unusual circumstances where she might get refugeee status if hardship was taken into account for her being separated from her family?lol.

Another example of promoting Thailand as a desination - however it is still more difficult for a Thai to get a visa to Oz.

This is pretty similat to what's happened in the UK regarding visas. The Thai leadership seems to want only short stayers. 

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

I happily recall the Brisbane consulate, I had about 7 non-immigrant O visas from there over the years, even picked one up on the way to the airport to fly to Thailand. I was only staying in Thailand a few months at a a time but the consulate was a few hours from home so the cost of a non O was well worth it. Then the consulate closed and we have the new regime and rules.

Same in U.K.

Embassy only.

From the Cardiff Consulate website:

IMG_6195.PNG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

$6500 lol.

Bluddy hell !

• 4 weeks later...

I rang up Brisbane consulate last week to inquire about a multi entry visa. I told them I am self employed and regularly visit my girlfriend in thailand. They said just bring in proof of money in the bank and cash of $225 for visa (they dont have eftpos).Typical thai, I bet that money goes straight into their pocket.

BTW I got pulled up at immigration at swampy last time using the visa exempt (visa on arrival?) thingy. They told me because I went to thailand 6 times last year I had been "flagged" and should get the Multi entry visa next time

12 Pints in Know it all

Archived