Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Trip and Travel advice

Big Yuley

Have booked my flights and accomodation but want peoples advice.

Most flights from Australia get in late at night which is when I get in. 10.30pm. I am booked into a Pattaya hotel, but I am concerned re a few things.

1 - 10.30 arrival, thru customs then a drive to Pattaya means I will not arrive there to midnight to 12.30.

2 - Not to sure if my hotel Sabai Lodge has 24 hr reception to check me in at say 12.30 (I have emailed them and asked).

I am concerned that if I can check in at that time after a long day of flights and travel I will be stuffed by the time I get there and not in the mood to hit the bars (wasted night)

Is the better option the following

Arrive in BKK at 10.30ish, and just spend the first night in BKK, somewhere like Nana hotel so at least I will get there at say 11.30ish, check in and spend 1 night there.

Then the following morning at say 10 or 11ish make my way to Pattaya meaning I will be in Pattaya nice and fresh in the middle of the day, to relax for a few hours have a walk in the arvo and get a feel of the place in day light hours (never been to Pattaya before) so when im ready to hit the town that night I have some idea of where to go etc.

Last thing I want is to go out in strange location at 1am after a 10 hour flight and 2 hour taxi ride not knowing where to go..

I think I have talked myself into spending night 1 in Bangkok, but what at the thoughts of the wise ones on this board??

:GoldenSmile1:

Sabai Lodge does have 24 hour reception or at least someone will be there to check you in.

12.30am isnt that late, as i said in an earlier reply both Classroom 2 Agogo and Honey Pot are virtually next door to the hotel they both shut at 2.00am? The bars in the area will still be open later they just turn off the lights , or you can just jump in a baht bus and go to walking steet and hit the disco's until the wee hours

Bkk you need to know where to go to find afterhours entertainment.

By the time you get to BKK and check in hit hit Nana Plaza which closes at 1.00am your not really going to get any more action than if you hit Pattaya. Then you have to get up in the morning and head to pattaya anyway.

Personally i'd be heading straight to Pattaya

PS Does the Big Yuley name come from Yulestar the horse?

Sabai Lodge does have 24 hour reception or at least someone will be there to check you in.

12.30am isnt that late, as i said in an earlier reply both Classroom 2 Agogo and Honey Pot are virtually next door to the hotel they both shut at 2.00am? The bars in the area will still be open later they just turn off the lights , or you can just jump in a baht bus and go to walking steet and hit the disco's until the wee hours

By the time you get to BKK and check in hit hit Nana Plaza which closes at 1.00am your not really going to get any more action than if you hit Pattaya. Then you have to get up in the morning and head to pattaya anyway.

go with nus1 advice for sure

go to pattaya you will have no problems checking in ,and you can have a few beer anytime in patts and then go to bed and rest without worrying about checking out the next morning to get to pattaya

You are very smart....

It sure does... I love harness racing and Yulestar was my all time favourite horse....

mu01 has got it right. Play it by ear on how you feel when you get to PATTS but follow your curiosity and venture out if at all possible. Wonderful things await you.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

My thoughts are that a night in Bangkok can never be a bad thing!

You have forgotten the face of your Father, maggot!

My thoughts are that a night in Bangkok can never be a bad thing!

Yes I know, but after my time in Pattaya I am going to spend a few nights in BKK anyway. So I will not miss out on the joys of BKK and all it has to offer.

:10of10Score:

I would head directly to Pattaya. I arrived late on one trip and it took as long to get to my hotel near Nana as it does to get to Pattaya.

It sure does... I love harness racing and Yulestar was my all time favourite horse....

Classroom2 agogo next door to Sabai Lodge, there is actually pictures of some horses winning at Gloucester Park on the wall , i enquired about them with the girls and they said "big boss horses" , but big boss wasnt around for me to have a chat with, I also a big harness fan and owned a few over the years.

Edited by nus01

Mr Big Y ---

The last four trips from Melbourne, I've gone on TG982 which arrives at 10.40pm. I get a taxi from the airport and arrive in Pattaya at about 1am. I would think almost all hotels have their reception open 24 hours - someone has to be on deck to record your guest's ID when you bring her back to your room for a conference at 3am!

Anyway, when I arrive in Pattaya at 1am - there are still bars open and partying. Actually, some of the bars are still operating at 5am and later. I've crawled back to the hotel at 8am on some occasions.

But, I've learned through bitter experience that I'm good for nothing after that 9 hour flight and the time zone shift - so that first night, I just hit the sack. Also, at the el cheapo hotel I stay in, the security boxes are not accessible after 11pm, so I would have to take my passports and credit cards out to the bars with me. In my groggy condition, that's asking for trouble. So that's another reason I don't go out that first night.

However, you might be younger and fitter than me, and able to secure your goodies. If so, it's up to you. At 1am the night is young - barely a knife has been thrown, as they say in classics.

I used to go to Bangkok first, then Pattaya, but since they moved the airport, I just go straight to Pattaya - it works out cheaper and a lot less hassle.