IGNORED

Recommended package for 3.5 month stay

Bangkokbanjo

Will be staying in LOS for a little over 3 months.  Was looking for a recommended package for that length of time based on your experiences.  I also want to see if I can somehow keep the same number as I plan on returning for an even longer run right after the summer ends in 2017.  I use the internet often, tend to be text heavy at home, but since I don't know that many people in thailand, don't think that will be the same.  Hopefully will be on wifi as much as I can.

Thanks in advance

I can only comment on what I pay.

Others will have a better idea and there could well be cheaper options!

I picked up a TrueMove SIM at the airport a couple of years ago and I've kept the same number since.

I'm just finishing a month's stay.

When I arrived I bought their highest internet package. It was about 800 baht for a month's data.

I've used about half of my data allowance. Sorry, I can never remember the Mb limits etc!

I use wifi in the condo and try to connect to restaurants & bars wifi when out, but I've used the data on a daily basis.

I found that I could extend the validity of the SIM by up to 1 year ahead by topping up.

Every time I top up 90 baht I get an extra month. The SIM is now valid until January 2018.

My balance is about 1000 baht which I'll use when I arrive next June to buy another month's internet package.

As I said, I'm sure there are easier ways :-) but as this works for me I stick to it.

If I find a way that works in Thailand I tend not to change!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks davidg..that actually helps

Thanks davidg..that actually helps

Archived