IGNORED

Bangkok - Marriott Exec Apartments soi 57 - Guest Friendly?

ChiFlyer

I have stayed at this hotel before and it is really nice. As I have status with Marriott, I tend to get treated well. Last time I was there, I was with a traveling companion, so we just checked in together. I have noticed that the Marriott on soi 4 is now guest friendly. That was not true back in the day. I was wondering if anyone knows if the soi 57 location in Thonglor is also guest friendly. Not the biggest deal in the world, as I am only staying two nights before heading down to Jomtien, but it would be good to know.

Why not just ask the hotel and share?

If a lady answers....Hanguphanguphangup :)

If it helps TripAdvisor does not mention 'GUESTS' in the manner you describe for that location.

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]

How many times have you experienced guest related problems at a Marriott and what did they say in the past?

How many times have you experienced guest related problems at a Marriott and what did they say in the past?

Varies considerably by country. In general you could be denied entrance at the "walk of shame" checkpoint. Happened to me once in Santo Domingo at the Jaragua. 

The soi 4 property did not use to be friendly. I am talking back in 2002 or so. At least that is what I was told. In general, I have not used them often within Thailand because of this. Latin America, with the exception of the Copacabana property in Rio was without problems. Hong Kong seemed to be ok as well. I am not someone who walks a constant parade in and out. Too old for that now. I was just a little curious after I read that things were now different at the soi 4 location. 

Varies considerably by country. In general you could be denied entrance at the "walk of shame" checkpoint. Happened to me once in Santo Domingo at the Jaragua.

The soi 4 property did not use to be friendly. I am talking back in 2002 or so. At least that is what I was told. In general, I have not used them often within Thailand because of this. Latin America, with the exception of the Copacabana property in Rio was without problems. Hong Kong seemed to be ok as well. I am not someone who walks a constant parade in and out. Too old for that now. I was just a little curious after I read that things were now different at the soi 4 location.

JW Marriott actually located at soi 2. Not soi 4. I have stayed there number of times until a few years ago (last few years I stay in the new Sofitel). It was always GF. I haven't stayed in that Marriott service apartment but I could not think of any non GF 5 star hotels in Sukhumvit area!

I have very high Marriott status ... when you book indicate there are 2 guests ... when you check in tell them your wife or partner is joining later ... I've done this a few times and never been bothered (stayed at that place once) ...

I would say it's guest friendly, in the sense that as long as you are as discrete as possible, they won't bother you.

Have fun.

I have very high Marriott status ... when you book indicate there are 2 guests ... when you check in tell them your wife or partner is joining later ... I've done this a few times and never been bothered (stayed at that place once) ...

I would say it's guest friendly, in the sense that as long as you are as discrete as possible, they won't bother you.

Have fun.

Thanks - and to all others as well. Just to be a shithead, I have the highest Marriott status for life. I lived in the places for decades due to travel for work. I am retired now and the check in person often blinks, when they see my status and no recent stays.

At this point in the game I am only capable of being discreet. 

Archived