IGNORED

Lightroom DVD availability?

Klongwater

I need a copy of Lightroom 5 or 6 on DVD/CD Rom for both PC and Mac platforms. I've previously bought copies at CD Palace on the fourth floor of Tukcom,but on last visit in September all evidence of pirate software was gone. I think they got raided,as other stands/shops had vanished entirely. CD Palace had only legit stock on the shelves.Thats a first!

If this is still the case,are there any other sources in Pattaya....maybe the new Harbor Mall?

And if not,are Pantip and MBK in Bangkok ,or Fortune Town,still awash with software?

T.I.A.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I bought Lightroom 6 for PC on 1 DVD at Pantip in Nov  2015.  I tried Tukcom, but since I didn’t know anyone I got quoted double the price for software, so I usually buy software from a Pantip vendor (Pui).  Software vendors are still at Pantip in 2016 on the mezzanine level towards back, none on ground floor.  In Nov 2016, Lightroom was available on the 2 DVD set Adobe CC Graphic Design Suite 2017 for PC, which includes Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Illustrator, Lightroom, and InCopy.  Can't address MAC platforms, Tukcom, or MBK.

I bought Lightroom 6 for PC on 1 DVD at Pantip in Nov  2015.  I tried Tukcom, but since I didn’t know anyone I got quoted double the price for software, so I usually buy software from a Pantip vendor (Pui).  Software vendors are still at Pantip in 2016 on the mezzanine level towards back, none on ground floor.  In Nov 2016, Lightroom was available on the 2 DVD set Adobe CC Graphic Design Suite 2017 for PC, which includes Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Illustrator, Lightroom, and InCopy.  Can't address MAC platforms, Tukcom, or MBK.

Thanks. Tukcom would be my first port of call,but then Harbor Mall and after that Bangkok.

I have two DVDs with Lightroom 5 loaded,so don't need PC versions now,just Mac. 

There are many listings on eBay UK,but all are offering a link from Adobe then will email an authorisation code. But what happens if the code ceases to work,and the vendor has vanished into the ether? Would prefer a physical disc,so can load onto multiple machines,de-activate the automatic update feature and work offline if need be.If anything goes wrong,then just reload from the disc and type the supplied key/serial number in.

I'll get something when I'm next in Thailand.

Just seen this on eBay UK. A physical disc for Photoshop CC 2017 and Lightroom. How does/can this work?? I thought working with the Adobe Cloud meant monthly subscriptions and a one-year minimum subscription term? Anyone know how the subscription scheme is circumvented?

Ebay1.jpg

ebay2.jpg

ebay3.jpg

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

saw lightroom for mac in  Tukcom today, so i guess they have pc as well.

i bought OS el capitan for 300 baht, thats probably a price guide.

• 2 months later...

As an aside, I was subsribed to the AUD$10 per month deal with Adobe for PS/LR combo, after a year or so i quit. LR remains workable on my machine, however the develop portion of it is mostly disabled and PS is locked.

Archived