IGNORED

Translation help needed - girl in trouble.

x4p3gsu

I know a girl who got into some serious trouble and I'd like to appeal to her friends to help her.

I was wondering if anyone here would have the time to translate a 1 page english text into thai,

I can of course use the online translations but I'm afraid the full context will not come across and her friends would not have a full picture.

I know this is a a lot to ask. If anyone here is ok with this, would you mind sending me a PM?

It's good of you to go to this lengths for her.

Sorry I'm no good at Thai language otherwise I would gladly help.

I hope someone comes up with what you need.

Cheers.

It's good of you to go to this lengths for her.

Sorry I'm no good at Thai language otherwise I would gladly help.

I hope someone comes up with what you need.

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, she is in deep trouble and needs serious help.

try google translate.  once done simply reverse it going back to english to see if it is accurate.  should do the trick.

Yes I know the google translate back and forth trick.

But I have been told by multiple Thai people that the outcome sounds very infantile.

Google translate, other than as a one-word dictionary, is a piece of shit.

Soon it may be nearly perfect.  For a few languages they have got it translating flawlessly.  Sady Thai is not among the first languages they have applied their new software to.  They have been working on it for years, once it's ready for Thai it will make things a lot easier.

Soon it may be nearly perfect.  For a few languages they have got it translating flawlessly.  Sady Thai is not among the first languages they have applied their new software to.  They have been working on it for years, once it's ready for Thai it will make things a lot easier.

The problem is they do not do iterations, and translate one word at a time, and for those that are advanced in reading and writing, combining two, and sometimes three, words, modifies the intending meaning and definition, and translating word-for-word in sequential order is meaningless a significant amount of the time.

I strongly disagree that this will be nearly perfect, or flawless, within the foreseeable future.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Thai is not Spanish.

The difference between the old way and new is stunning for the languages supported, when it comes to Thai it will be great.

I'm guessing the translation is sorted now but if it was that serious just go to a shop that offers translation service. I think 13/2 has at least one.

• 10 months later...
On 3/1/2017 at 18:05, Slapper said:

This is an old thread, but I'd be interested to know which languages it can translate flawlessly.

None, even between English, French and German it has shortcomings for anything more than the shortest of phrases.

• whitespider - RIP locked this topic

Archived