IGNORED

Tops supermarket open now

jimboh

Just had a look into Tops on Khao Noi looks nice, but typical Thai, noise everywhere-2 trucks blasting out on loudspeakers outside, a bird with microphone at the steps and a bird inside with a microphone. What is it with these retards with noise, surely some nice soft background music would be a lot more pleasant.

Noise everywhere : typical Thai.

Nice soft background music : typical for the Western world.

Soi Khao Talo is in Pattaya,Pattaya is in Thailand,they do it therefore the Thai way.

The Thais love it.

I hate it,but this is insignificant.

I went there today,in the corner by the bakery there is a nice but small place cooking food I had pineapple and prawn fried rice and the lady had a piece of salmon with rice (sorry no pics) both really enjoyed the food 189 bht total cost with free water, will certainly be going back.

Topside in Khao Talo??? I though it was in Khal Noi

Why are people so stupid that they don't proofread their posts? How hard is it really?

• 2 weeks later...

All we need now is a Foodland on Darkside.

At one time there was a Villa supermarket on Khao Noi but they closed.

• 1 month later...

have been there a few times and again tonite.... few products like imported fruit juices with no prices so i didnt buy !!.... bought a couple boxes of cereal bars which were marked 69 baht but was charged 100 b.. normally wouldn't check but dropped 700 baht on a pretty small basket of stuff so went thru receipt...

Have a nice sushi selection !!...would have gone for the expensive Norwegian stuff but was buying for 3 (thai)... LOL

have been there a few times and again tonite.... few products like imported fruit juices with no prices so i didnt buy !!.... bought a couple boxes of cereal bars which were marked 69 baht but was charged 100 b.. normally wouldn't check but dropped 700 baht on a pretty small basket of stuff so went thru receipt...

Have a nice sushi selection !!...would have gone for the expensive Norwegian stuff but was buying for 3 (thai)... LOL

For me, Topps supermarket is good for only one thing, buying import stuff I can't find in Tesco or Big C.  They overprice many items, so I'll continue to visit them as often as I visit the Golden Flower bar....maybe one a week for one or two items.

"At one time there was a Villa supermarket on Khao Noi but they closed."

They had nothing to do with the Villa Market stores,they only used the name "Villa",but was in fact a rather common shop.

• 4 months later...

Is this located at the new "Chilled" Department store?

image.png

Tried the restaurant behind Tops a few times lately. Good food, Thai and farang, good aircon and a large outside seating area for smokers. Would recommend it for lunch.

Has the tops supermarket on second road (has a bowling alley in it) re-opened? 

On 02/01/2017 at 1:38 PM, jimboh said:

All we need now is a Foodland on Darkside.

A new friendship will open in less than 2 months in Soi Siam Country Club

1 km from the railroad:

1.thumb.jpg.bcc048249ffd01ecaa26ad6858988e25.jpg

I was in that Top supermarket the other day, and one of the workers called out my name, we chatted for a little bit as I haven't seen her a for about 2 or 3 years, she used to work in one of the DS beer bars that I frequented, I fondly remember her giving me a BJ in the bar as I fingered her, Amazing Pattaya,

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 3:35 PM, Spellforce said:

A new friendship will open in less than 2 months in Soi Siam Country Club

1 km from the railroad:

If they're smart they will wait till SSC has been finished . It's a total mess for the last 2 years already and it looks to me it will take at least another 6 months before all the work is done . Most of the bars , restaurants and shops are going through tough times at the moment as hardly any customers can reach them . 

Good news though . 

The Tops is based in the new Chilled complex on Soi Kao Noi . Pretty good assortment , prices slightly higher than in Tesco or Big C but often they have well priced special deals that compensate for that . Easy to park , small food court inside .

https://www.google.co.th/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x310295ea93a6af0b:0x9e3c470b4ac64a6!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttp://newpattaya.com/news/the-chilled-plaza-pattaya/!5sDIY+the+chilled+pattaya+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e1!2shttp://newpattaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Chilled-Plaza-Pattaya-02.jpg&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwir3K7lrcDVAhUCl5QKHYi5DDcQoioIhwEwDg

Upstairs in The Chilled there's a new huge shop called MR DIY (do it yourself) that sells almost everything you can think of for good prices . 

9 hours ago, jerry said:

The Tops is based in the new Chilled complex on Soi Kao Noi . Pretty good assortment , prices slightly higher than in Tesco or Big C but often they have well priced special deals that compensate for that . Easy to park , small food court inside .

https://www.google.co.th/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x310295ea93a6af0b:0x9e3c470b4ac64a6!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttp://newpattaya.com/news/the-chilled-plaza-pattaya/!5sDIY+the+chilled+pattaya+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e1!2shttp://newpattaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Chilled-Plaza-Pattaya-02.jpg&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwir3K7lrcDVAhUCl5QKHYi5DDcQoioIhwEwDg

Upstairs in The Chilled there's a new huge shop called MR DIY (do it yourself) that sells almost everything you can think of for good prices . 

Thanks Jerry, great info there. I will be moving opposite there in a couple of weeks. Very handy for me.

image.png

19 hours ago, jerry said:

If they're smart they will wait till SSC has been finished . It's a total mess for the last 2 years already and it looks to me it will take at least another 6 months before all the work is done . Most of the bars , restaurants and shops are going through tough times at the moment as hardly any customers can reach them . 

Good news though . 

The road to the railroad is almost completed now and also no problem for those living in soi Nongpruewan (when you take the road passing the Mac Bar).

But I agree that's still a problem for those living East Watanasin market in soi SCC (the turn wont be completed untill the end of the year... but do they have the choice because there is nothing in far East soi SCC ?).

Anyway I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of traffic early 2018 in SCC and that's only in 6 months. With the new tunnel, that will be so easy to come from Pattaya Klang toward soi SCC ! (and no more dangereous when you'll have to cross Sukhumvit !)

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

The road to the railroad is almost completed now and also no problem for those living in soi Nongpruewan (when you take the road passing the Mac Bar).

But I agree that's still a problem for those living East Watanasin market in soi SCC (the turn wont be completed untill the end of the year... but do they have the choice because there is nothing in far East soi SCC ?).

Anyway I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of traffic early 2018 in SCC and that's only in 6 months. With the new tunnel, that will be so easy to come from Pattaya Klang toward soi SCC ! (and no more dangereous when you'll have to cross Sukhumvit !)

Can't wait till SSC is ready , Nurn Plab Wan is almost undriveable between 4 and 7pm . Anyone know if SSC will be connected to the new motorway that is passing through by Lake Mabrachan ? 

Don't think Friendship has anything to do with the new supermarket though ... it's called Freshfood and they're operating since 2016 . Hope it's going to be what we expect and not just an indoor Thai market . 

WP_20170806_001.jpg

21 hours ago, jerry said:

it's called Freshfood

Freshfood ? I googled it and I've founded nothing !

I hope that's an affiliate from a big company or I will still continue to go to Big C Extra or Foodland.

Archived