Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

full day driver

x4p3gsu

Hi,

I heard from some people that the cost for a full day taxi or driver is around 500 THB - and I wonder if this is true.

Does anybody know a driver which can drive us around for the dull day in Chiang Mai and what the cost is?

Is it more practical to have a car with a driver then renting a car?

Hi,

I heard from some people that the cost for a full day taxi or driver is around 500 THB - and I wonder if this is true.

Does anybody know a driver which can drive us around for the dull day in Chiang Mai and what the cost is?

Hmmmmm don't believe everything that's said!  500 baht for a day is mission impossible. 1200-2000 baht would be possible depending on the distance.  The cheapest for around town driving, the most expensive for Mae Hong Son/Chiang Rai.  Half a day tuk tuk about 500 baht.  Car rental from 800 baht. 

I would find the person who quoted 500 / day and hold them to it. I've never run across a rate that low. 

I would expect 1,000 - 2,000 for a car and driver for the day. Depending on location and miles traveled.

I have hired drivers for the full day in both Chiang Mai and Bangkok, both times could not get them to go below 1500bht, for this they would pick me up in the morning (around 9am) and return to the hotel about 6-7pm, on one of those days the Bangkok driver wanted 2000 as I wanted to go to Kanchanaburi and the surrounding area.

The Bangkok driver price was negotiated by a non P4P Thai girl, who hates over spending for anything and wanted to go by bus, so I would say your chances of getting a driver for the full day @ 500bht are not good. 

Hi,

$16 dollars for an entire day of a car and a driver, dream on.

Taxi services will do something. I have used Mr T in Pattaya for a 6 hour drive about including Nong Nooch, Just ask and haggle a bit.

Also a trip to Sriracha for the hospital. It was reasonable in both cases.

Makes total sense what all of you are saying?

Any idea of the best way to get from Chiang Mai to Pai?

Taxi?

You can get minibuses, they take 3 hours but book in advance (Google it). I think it was about 200 Baht per person in August. There's also a flight from Chiang Mai.It's also a great MC ride or even on a decent scooter.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Archived