Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do you use travel pillow/neck pillow? What is a good one?

Lammu

I have used inflatable u-shaped travel pillow and also u-shaped memory foam (TravelBlue brand) while flying.

But i do not like those. My pillow with memory foam is better, but it is too big behind the neck.

So, can you help me to buy a good one, please.

What brand is a good travel/neck pillow?

Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

ive often meant to try one..

you get a cheap disposable one with Ethiad.. its not great..

might try next time, raid the piggy bank :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I have a Tempur one, not cheap but long lasting and provides excellent support for those who have neck issues.  :WinkGrin1:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have a microbead u-shaped neck roll. There's a bit of room to shape it as required. Much better than a cushioned version I had previously.

I think I bought it at BKK too...

I have a Samsonite inflatable.  It has a removable/washable cover.  It is comfortable and I can adjust if it bothers me.  It was cheap too.  Has lasted for about 7 trips. 

I blow it up about 1/3rd way before take off, it expands in the air (less air pressure).  It folds into almost nothing... so little space needed.

I carry a little bag with all my airplane needs.  Nose saline (avoid dry nose and getting sick), ear plugs, my noise canceling headphones, handiwipes, pen, and my inflatable pillow, etc.

I'll get stick and deserved but the one I got from Poundland is excellent !

I don't want to carry any extra stuff so don't. But if I did I might just try a small towel. I drive long distances and need a bit of neck support to ease the strain. I just take a small towel and roll it to fit in the space in the back of the neck/spine area. That's all needed. Nothing in the sides. Works well as its that are not the the sides that needs support. For me anyways.

I am now using a J-pillow, Travel Pillow, got mine from Amazon now £16 not the smallest one available and it doesnt  compress much at all, but after trying a few over the years its the most comfortable for me.  I have leant it to a couple of friends and it seems to be 50/50 as to it being comfortable or not.

I am now using a J-pillow, Travel Pillow, got mine from Amazon now £16 not the smallest one available and it doesnt  compress much at all, but after trying a few over the years its the most comfortable for me.  I have leant it to a couple of friends and it seems to be 50/50 as to it being comfortable or not.

I've tried several over the years including the J-Pillow. Never found one that did the job for me so I don't bother anymore.

In case people were interested, this is the model that I own, but I have a different color.

https://www.amazon.com/samsonite-luggage-inflatable-pillow-cover/dp/b004wyd94e

I got it for $7 years ago, and it still serves me well.  I forgot to mention, I also travel with an eye mask.  All my stuff fits in my laptop case.  And my bag of travel goodies only comes out on flights longer than 3 hours (or if their are babies on board near me).

Depends on how you want to use the pillow. If it is just to comfort the nape of your neck as you rest your head on the headrest, then the smaller tube shaped ones are ok. However, if you're like me and want head stabilization so you aren't constantly waking up as your head tilts too far to one side, then you'll want one of the taller models that look more like neck braces. They're both goofy looking, but well worth the trade off if you're on a longhaul and don't have a lie-flat seat. 

I use an inflatable because it's adjustable for the thickness, takes up little space when deflated, and I rotate it so my chin is supported when I sleep. I fly economy and always get a solid 6 hours sleep using my inflatable neck pillow along with a Xanax

Archived