IGNORED

bus from airport to pattaya

daviefromscotland

hi all im over in los next month and i am thinking about takin the bus due to the cr4p exchange rate (every little helps ) . i arrive on the china airlines from amsterdam at 7:10am so would probably have to wait till 10 for the bell travel bus , or what other options is there to get a bus down to patts

hi all im over in los next month and i am thinking about takin the bus due to the cr4p exchange rate (every little helps ) . i arrive on the china airlines from amsterdam at 7:10am so would probably have to wait till 10 for the bell travel bus , or what other options is there to get a bus down to patts

Yeah man. Take the yellow bus 999, which goes to Jomtien. However, this bus also stops along Sukhumvit Rd at South Pattaya, Central Pattaya, and North Pattay intersections. The bus is about 120B, and there is one leaving the airport 9am. They even give free water bottle and bakery item on the bus.

Some basic info for the airport bus on my web site: http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/transport2pattaya.htm

Bell travel has a bus leaving every two hours. it leaves at 8am so it might be a bit tight. 150 baht right to your hotel. email them on [email protected] have used them many times both ways and they are very good.

And yes, on landing you can call them on 086 3458422 or 086 3458441 at the airport. Maybe they will wait for yor you for a few minutes...

spend £16 and travel in comfort.

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

I appreciate money can be an issue but I would also consider that you have just been traveling a horrible amount of hours from the UK.

There are two things two consider Id say,

1) Save 10 GBP somewhere in your life and spend it on the extra it will cost to be for a cab HOWEVER, check with your hotel they will give you an early check in, else, you will be heading to Patts quickly for no reason.

2) If the hotel wont let you check in early or you need to save at every opportunity, then go to cheap food parlour in the airport (search SoCo Mofo BM for this information) hang out, look at the airline girls having brekkie, get some food yourself, look round the shops then get on the first Bell Bus.

What you dont want is sitting on a feckin bus that stops everywhere and takes for ever. Bell Bus seems to be a tremendous deal that'll drop you off where you need to be in Patts (especially after a long travel to get there).

To summarise - plead for an early check in and spend 1200 with Mr Toom or Academiks recent recommendation of another driver.

Edited by luvyoulongtime

hi davie what date you arriving in thailand??? am arriving on the 14th dec also with china air from ams thought plane arrived at 6/40am???

plenty of public bus to Pattaya from Airport.. Every 45 mins i think... Only 131 bahts... No toll fee.. Happy days

800 bht will get you a meter taxi from outside the airport, its a lot more conveniant than sitting about waiting for a bus for 2 or 3 hrs

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

112 Baht from Airport to Pattaya, buy the ticket and wait for the bus at Exit Gate No.8 Level 1 Arrival Hall, no need go to the PTC. Please note that not much notice in the Airport direct you to the cheap bus services, they all point you to Express Bus or Taxi.

Edited by Gunso

hi davie what date you arriving in thailand??? am arriving on the 14th dec also with china air from ams thought plane arrived at 6/40am???

i will be there on the 22nd and its 7.10 on the ticket but saying that it was 6.40 when i was over in june . i will have to find out because if it is 6.40 i might make the bell bus

plenty of public bus to Pattaya from Airport.. Every 45 mins i think... Only 131 bahts... No toll fee.. Happy days

are you sure about this i usualy use bell but a I arrive at 6 pm so will miss them so has anyone got info about the public bus from the airport bus sation .

just had a look on china airlines website flight CI0066 on the 14th and 22nd both arrive 7.10 am

are you sure about this i usualy use bell but a I arrive at 6 pm so will miss them so has anyone got info about the public bus from the airport bus sation .

hey brian i was just away to leave you the link for this post on your post on Secrets forum lol

I once got a motorbike taxi. Best way me finx

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

hey brian i was just away to leave you the link for this post on your post on secrets forum lol

quite good, a thread asking the questions i wanted to know from earlier ,looks lie i should be able to get the yellow bus as that leaves at 1930 and so if my plane is on time that wil be perfect . good link that bangkapiboy posted .

Edited by brian_723

• 2 weeks later...

I always take the bus. It's nothing to do with saving money, I just have no Desire to take a formula one white knuckle ride to Pattaya with every chance of NOT making it. If I have to be in an accident, I want to be in something BIG.

Hi Davie

Good to see you are maintaining the tight-fist Aberdonian image!!! Have you thought about hitching?

Seriously, as other BM's have said, you are basically talking about a £10 approx saving regards bus via taxi.

I've done both. On my 2nd trip in Nov 2007 I was all set to book a taxi from Nana hotel, Bangkok to Pattaya at 1,200b when I saw an ad for a scheduled bus at 130b.

Save some money here I thought. The reality of my journey, & I can only write about what I experienced, is that my bus trip to Pattaya took about 5 hours. We drove to some other Bangkok hotels, then International Airport, then Domestic Airport, back to International Airport for a really long wait (no info on how long we would wait), then to a bus transfer station with one further toilet & pick-up stop. We then arrived at Pattaya Bus Station where there was some confusion as to what mini-bus we would be allocated. Eventually I arrived at Soi Chaipoon after my driver got lost somewhere in Jomtien.

I don't know if that is typical, or whether I was just unlucky, but I vowed next time I'd get taxi - & I did.

I paid 1,200b for air-con taxi (inclusive of road tolls) with 200b tip for getting me to Pattaya safely, but as some BM's have said, there are some cheaper taxi options avialable (for the Aberdonians..LoL!)

Regards hotel check-in - normally the official check-in is at 1pm or 2pm - but in my travels around several countries I've found some places will let you check-in early, & if they can't, they will store your luggage whilst you have a drink &/or meal either in the hotel/apartment, or nearby. If that is the case, try & keep a handle on your luggage. Most folk are honest, but it just takes one.

Of course, coming from Aberdeen, you'll probably bring your own cheap booze with you from the super....

If this is your 1st visit to Pattaya, you MUST stroll down Soi 6 early doors into your hols.

Njoy your hols & stay safe

Tone x

Hi Davie

Good to see you are maintaining the tight-fist Aberdonian image!!! Have you thought about hitching?

Seriously, as other BM's have said, you are basically talking about a £10 approx saving regards bus via taxi.

I've done both. On my 2nd trip in Nov 2007 I was all set to book a taxi from Nana Hotel, Bangkok to Pattaya at 1,200b when I saw an ad for a scheduled bus at 130b.

Save some money here I thought. The reality of my journey, & I can only write about what I experienced, is that my bus trip to Pattaya took about 5 hours. We drove to some other Bangkok hotels, then International Airport, then Domestic Airport, back to International Airport for a really long wait (no info on how long we would wait), then to a bus transfer station with one further toilet & pick-up stop. We then arrived at Pattaya Bus Station where there was some confusion as to what mini-bus we would be allocated. Eventually I arrived at Soi Chaipoon after my driver got lost somewhere in Jomtien.

I don't know if that is typical, or whether I was just unlucky, but I vowed next time I'd get taxi - & I did.

I paid 1,200b for air-con taxi (inclusive of road tolls) with 200b tip for getting me to Pattaya safely, but as some BM's have said, there are some cheaper taxi options avialable (for the Aberdonians..LoL!)

Regards hotel check-in - normally the official check-in is at 1pm or 2pm - but in my travels around several countries I've found some places will let you check-in early, & if they can't, they will store your luggage whilst you have a drink &/or meal either in the hotel/apartment, or nearby. If that is the case, try & keep a handle on your luggage. Most folk are honest, but it just takes one.

Of course, coming from Aberdeen, you'll probably bring your own cheap booze with you from the super....

If this is your 1st visit to Pattaya, you MUST stroll down Soi 6 early doors into your hols.

Njoy your hols & stay safe

Tone x

decided just to take a taxi now , but the hitching sounds like a plan lol .

nah im in to double figures with the trips to patts and always took a taxi in the past

cheers for the advice anyways

i will try and enjoy myself

(not all aberdonians are tight fisted you know lol)