IGNORED

Typical electricity rates for guesthouses?

tps

I did use the search function for this, but the threads seemed quite old - apologies if I missed this info elsewhere.

What would be a typical (fair) charge for electricity on a monthly guesthouse rental ?  For example, one place quoted me 9 baht/kwh. Is that ok or terrible or somewhere the middle ?

I have always shied away from longer term guesthouse rentals because of this issue - I know nothing about what the costs should be (ie, I'm an easy 'mark') :GoldenSmile1:.

By the way, if its helpful for anyone searching guesthouse accomodations, that place was Livin Mansion, which is off Soi Bukhao somewhere, and the entire pricing quote was 15000 baht per month, 200 baht charge for water, and electricity charged at 9 baht per kilowatt hour.

I have never seen the place so cant comment on the quality; I was checking it out because a friend stayed there for a week or two and liked it well enough.

The government rate is 4 baht/kwh, but you'll never get that if you are paying the electric bill to the landlord. 9 baht/kwh is on the high side, and I wouldn't pay that if I could avoid it. 7 baht/kwh is fair if paying to a landlord.

This is thai business, your farang for short time so high rates..i'm only on normal domestic with no aircon but all the rest..fridge tv washing machine fan...never goes above 380 per month..but as i say its there business but some are just rat greedy.

These high electricity rates are just to cream you

All the owner is doing is offering an artificially low rate and them bumping it with high profit for him making charges instead of offering you a genuine price.

Stick with places that give you a set price per month including electricity, water and room cleaning.

If the owner wont do a deal like that then find another who will

I stopped at boomerang guest house and I believe he quoted me 6 baht and I think that was very fair for a guesthouse.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I stopped at boomerang guest house and I believe he quoted me 6 baht and I think that was very fair for a guesthouse.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That's actually a pretty good rate considering the market. More than fair.

Archived