IGNORED

Education Visa For 12 Month Stay

Essexlad79

Hi All have a few questions around the 12 month Education visa and wondered if you wise folks can help me out.

I am currently in Thailand on a single entry 60 day Tourist Visa which I extended to 90 through Jomtien Immigration.

I will be leaving Thailand shortly and then returning again on a 60 day visa from the Thai Embassy in London.

My questions are as follows; is this the correct visa to convert to a 12 month Educational visa? I know there are

Many Visa agencies but they quote anywhere between 15,000 And 30,000 THB to organise this for you. Has anyone done it themselves?

Secondly my understanding is that the course of

Education is not simply limited to learning Thai and could be something completely different? Has anyone studied Muay Thai at all and know any Gyms approved by Immigration?

I will obviously pop down to immigration to have a chat but any pointers from other BMs are much appreciated.

I understand that the requirement is two hours a day study four times a week which would be fine for what I have in mind.

I should add that I'm a total beginner and initially the training would be to get into shape.

Appreciate your help with this.

Try the Excel Language school opposite Big C Pattaya Tai. I did a class there and it was full of mainly Russians all on ED Visa's.

They had to attend twice a week 2 hours a session, and Immigration came every 2 weeks or so to check they were attending class.

The school helps with the ED Visa application which i think costs 1900 baht at Jomtien, however they will want @25k baht for 180-200 hours lessons for the year. 

Never heard of Muay Thai classes getting you a visa. Lots of Muay Thai schools suggest try a few schools and see which teaching style you gel with.

Most schools will help with you visa when you pay for your course. These days attending is starting to be watched by immigration.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

The Thais are testing so called language school students for proficiency in Thai based on attendance and turfing those who are merely scamming the system.

You don't have to convert one visa to an education visa as it is a separate kind of visa.

Prepare to actually go to language school and prove it.

I would appreciate a few suggestions of which schools (Names) are around, as my friend asked me about doing this visa type a few days ago.

Daryle

According to Stickman's latest post, these won't be available much longer if at all.

"The days of some Thai visa mills language institutes basing their advertising – indeed their whole business model – around getting students a long-stay visa are over as the Immigration Department cracked down on education visas and all but eliminating what was the easy option of staying in Thailand year after year. Thousands signed up for a language school solely because they wanted the benefits of an education visa – but they never attended class. When Immigration interviewed these so-called language students when they went for a visa extension and found they could not speak more than a few words of Thai, the racket came to an end."

But who knows. TIT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All have a few questions around the 12 month Education visa and wondered if you wise folks can help me out.

I am currently in Thailand on a single entry 60 day Tourist Visa which I extended to 90 through Jomtien Immigration.

I will be leaving Thailand shortly and then returning again on a 60 day visa from the Thai Embassy in London.

My questions are as follows; is this the correct visa to convert to a 12 month Educational visa? I know there are

Many Visa agencies but they quote anywhere between 15,000 And 30,000 THB to organise this for you. Has anyone done it themselves?

Secondly my understanding is that the course of

Education is not simply limited to learning Thai and could be something completely different? Has anyone studied Muay Thai at all and know any gyms approved by Immigration?

I will obviously pop down to immigration to have a chat but any pointers from other BMs are much appreciated.

I understand that the requirement is two hours a day study four times a week which would be fine for what I have in mind.

I should add that I'm a total beginner and initially the training would be to get into shape.

Appreciate your help with this.

mastertoddy.com for Muay Thai visa located in Bangkok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to convert your current  visa to the ED visa. The school will prepare all of the paperwork for you and then you have to leave the country and get to a Thai consulate to apply for the ED visa. The easiest and closest is in Laos. Its very hard to get a 12 month ED visa in Bangkok now, most schools will only offer  6 months but I was able to renew it for another six months. Before I lived in Bangkok, I stayed in Pattaya on a 12 month ED visa, its a lot  easier to get 12 month visa from a school in Pattaya. You'll also have to go to immigration every 3 months and pay 1900 baht for a new 90 day stamp. The rules for theses visas have gotten a lot stricter recently, but mostly for people using them back to back to back. I think a person without any prior ED visas in their passport would not have a problem getting the visa.

Have just started this process myself through a lady at the immigration office in Jomtiem (Kum)  , 15,000 for initial payment , followed by a second payment of 15,000 and then  6,000 every  3mths for visa renewal. It is  optional to attend the school , but in the current climate strongly advised to make the effort due to random testing 

Hi mate are you doing this through a visa agency which is located next to immigration? Also I'm guessing the 30,000 thb means you don't have to leave Thailand? If you genuinely go to school it's simply 1900 baht every 90 days, I'm guessing the 6000 is if you decide not to go? Where is the school located and what are the class times etc?

Have just started this process myself through a lady at the immigration office in Jomtiem (Kum) , 15,000 for initial payment , followed by a second payment of 15,000 and then 6,000 every 3mths for visa renewal. It is optional to attend the school , but in the current climate strongly advised to make the effort due to random testing

Archived