IGNORED

Windows 10 issues on this website

b0b

Since I replaced my Windows Vista notebook with a Windows 10 notebook a number of functions aren't working any longer on this website:

Quote/MultiQuote (quoted text(s) missing)

copy/paste (impossible to copy/paste links, etc.)

less important: Font and Size

On other websites I don't experience such issues.

i am running windows 10, and i use chrome for browsing.

I have no issues on PA or any other site, so perhaps Chrome would help you aswell.

---------------------------
Here we go!!!

It is definitely not an operating system problem. I have never had any issues with Firefox.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Since I replaced my Windows Vista notebook with a Windows 10 notebook a number of functions aren't working any longer on this website:

This was reported on another site using the same forum software and I believe it was identified to be the Edge browser ... is that what you are using?

Same here with Edge. I have to use FF with this forum.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

@ redfred: Thai Visa, Teak Door, Bangkok Post, etc. are OK here, but not Pattaya Addicts.

@ Harry Brown: Internet Explorer 11, no problems with other websites.

@ Tezla: I don't trust Chrome: it remains active in the background after it is "closed".

@ Scumbag: IMO a Pattaya Addicts issue (or of the package they use), not an operating system error.

@ redfred: Thai Visa, Teak Door, Bangkok Post, etc. are OK here, but not Pattaya Addicts.

Neither use IP Board forum software.

ThaiVisa and TeakDoor both uses vBullitin software.

You will have the same issue with any forum that uses IP Board.

Maybe it is an IP board problem or maybe a Windows browser problem, I know not, but it would be hard to believe that it has to do with the forum itself when the same happens on other forums.

@ MrDK: Yes, I think it's the kind of software this forum uses. I never ever used Edge. I use Internet Explorer 11 and have no problems on other websites.

@ Billyboy294: What's FF? Firefox? I don't like to use lots of browsers even if I now have got 8 Gb memory.

@ MrDK: I don't know which forum packages exist on the market, but I think it's an issue with the package used by Pattaya Addicts and that Pattaya Addicts should enquire with their provider if they can't solve the problem themselves.

I found that the root of the problem is with the text editor (CK Editor) used by IP board.

The solution is to upgraded the CK Editor to version 4.3.

I do not know if such upgraded has to be done by Invision Power Software (IP Board) or it can be done at the server level of the individual board.

There apparently is a workaround that can be done by forum admin and I have posted a link below, however, you will not have permission to view it as you have to be a register user of the IP Board with an account with Invision Power which admin should have.

https://invisionpower.com/topic/395212-any-plans-to-make-editor-in-ipbiard-34-series-ie11-compatible/#entry2446135

@ MrDK: Yes, I think it's the kind of software this forum uses. I never ever used Edge. I use Internet Explorer 11 and have no problems on other websites.

The problem is both with IE 11 and Edge when rendering an older CK Editor.

Version 3.4 of the CK Editor was specifically updated to be compatible with IE11

bob

Im using chrome for years on PA with no probs, so im thinking maybe its a server problem for thailand or your set up and as i've not noticed any other complaints from other bm's in los i think it must be your PC. 

Is it a new PC ?

@ MrDK: If  understand well, that CK Editor should be upgraded by the Pattaya Addicts webmaster OR by their provider. On Wikipedia I read that the latest stable CK Editor release is 4.5.10.

@ redfred: It's indeed a new PC. I think MrDK is right as to the editor used by the software package.

b0b, on 23 Nov 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

@ MrDK: If  understand well, that CK Editor should be upgraded by the Pattaya Addicts webmaster OR by their provider. On Wikipedia I read that the latest stable CK Editor release is 4.5.10.

It has been documented on MS website, and on the Invision Power site.

CK 4.3 fixed the problem, however, if a later version is available than that would be the logic choise.

Here are quotes from MS Support (Internet Explorer 11 does not work properly on some message boards running IP.Board software):

Problem:

One of the web sites I frequent (www.intlwaters.com) runs a message board using the IP.Board software. With Internet Explorer 11, I can't post or reply to any topics. When I try to, none of the text I type shows up in the text field. It's impossible to use this site with Internet Explorer. Works fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Answer 1:

Invision Power Board uses CK Editor which is not compatible with IE11 except you try workaround mentioned on their support forum (Invision Board Support forum).

While Invision Power Board need to update to CK Editor 4.3 version to enable IE11 support.

CK Editor support announcement blog: http://ckeditor.com/blog/CKEditor-4.3-Released

Workaround mentioned on Invision Power Board official forum: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/395212-any-plans-to-make-editor-in-ipbiard-34-series-ie11-compatible/#entry2446135

Tell forum admin to add this workaround in its forum to make it work little better with IE11.

Answer 2:

Thank you for the feedback. As Ahmad had mentioned CKEditor was updated to support IE 11, and the website would need to update the version of CKEditor. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to more feedback from you in the future.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team

It has been documented on MS website, and on the Invision Power site.

CK 4.3 fixed the problem, however, if a later version is available than that would be the logic choise.

Here are quotes from MS Support (Internet Explorer 11 does not work properly on some message boards running IP.Board software):

bob

I changed browser from IE years ago to chrome because of problems, anyway im not going to argue the toss over which forum uses what software.

For me chrome works best with PA

I use IE10 (because it is the only one where I can disable tabs completely) and I have no problems.

Perhaps, except for a small one and that is when I quote some in WYSIWYG mode it inserts the original posters time in addition to the header.

I do not know if that is related to the CK Editor, but I do not care much about that.

b0b, you may want to advise admin of this because you cannot be sure that all posts are read.

It is definitely not an operating system problem.

Especially replacing Vista with anything, even a Raspberry.

Archived