IGNORED

Christmas and New Years away from the crowds

limirl

I am looking to escape the mayhem and overrun places with all the tourists around christmas and new years. I will be in Pattaya in early december but don't want to deal with the crowds, rip off hotel prices complete with obligatory new years 'event', overcharging bar girls and was hoping to abscond to somewhere mellow and chill. Somewhere where I can sit on a deck/balcony with a view, read a book, sip some beer, rent a motorbike and explore and hopefully not have to make reservations in advance though I realise just breezing last minute may not be possible.

All ideas are welcome and not limited to Thailand other places in SE Asia I am interested in too.

PS. I am not interested in Chiang Mai or Pai!

I would like to know, do people thailand celebrate New Year on 31.12-01.01, because when i remember right, they use another calender?

Well it is peak season in most places.

Fly to Udon Thani, hire a car and drive 2-3 hours into rural issan where things are slower and much more sedate, away from the madding crowds.

Plenty of nice quiet retreat places down around Rayong and Sattahahip and Bang Saray.

Soi 4 in Jomtien is quiet anytime.  Nirvana Boutique is quite a civilised place to stay.  

Burma?

Koh Chang

Plenty of places if you think about it.

Archived