IGNORED

Passport control... at Exit

Oukiva

Hi,

I took a plane at about 10am this morning at Bangkok. Not a big crowd at this hour, but immigration control was unusually slow. When arrived my turn, I saw the officer looking many times his computer and search/check probably all pages of my passport???

I am on a "Retirement extension" for 3+ years already, with a Re-entry Permit when I exit. It's usually fast and no problem at all. This time many questions. "Retired" was not enough as an answer. What you do of your days? Where do you get your money from?... It stopped when he asked if I could speak Thai and was convinced by my rather long Thai answer :)

Now what's happening? I heard many times about questions to "tourists" when entering, but never to people on 1-year extension when exiting???

PS: Now stopover at Moscow waiting for my fly to France. The night is falling but I arrived soon enough for the nice view of Moscow covered with snow. Not something I often see in Pattaya ;)

It's probably just a one-off. I'd only be concerned if it happened multiple times. He backed off as soon as he thought you were legitimate.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Probably just an over-zealous/bored immigration officer. On entry a couple of days ago I didn't get one question despite being in Thailand almost all of the time over the past 14 months or so.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived