IGNORED

Thanksgiving Dinner location?

PapaikouTea

Haven't spent the past several years in Korea, I'm interested in finding a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (turkey) somewhere in Pattaya. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be fancy! :)

you are gonna have problems finding a venue with turkey, there is still a ban on american imports

In years past, Tequila Reef has always done a Turkey Day spread. 

I gave up on it after trying it the first few years, but there's your answer.

In years past, Tequila Reef has always done a Turkey Day spread. 

I gave up on it after trying it the first few years, but there's your answer.

Hmm... sounds like a turkey I had in Korea that was stuffed with Kim Chee! It was horrible! Had another turkey that was stuffed with some other weird stuff that was also disgusting. But... had one of the best Thanksgiving dinner of my life at the Gyeong-ju Hilton! :) Of course it was sponsored by my company! :D

Hmm... sounds like a turkey I had in Korea that was stuffed with Kim Chee! It was horrible! Had another turkey that was stuffed with some other weird stuff that was also disgusting. But... had one of the best Thanksgiving dinner of my life at the Gyeong-ju Hilton! :) Of course it was sponsored by my company! :D

They don't do weird shit at Tequila Reef. It's always traditional, but it's the old "concept vs. execution" problem.

Good concept, but horrible execution. 

Richman Poorman at Jomtien Beach Road Soi 9 always offers a nice, homestyle Thanksgiving dinner. It's very popular with American expats, but has limited seating so you may want to make a reservation. The Kinarree is also having a Thanksgiving dinner, but not on the actual day. That will be 26 November.

I hear you, PapaikouTea.

If you are really aching for an authentic American-style Thanksgiving Day dinner, I can strongly recommend Bourbon Street Bar, located in Bangkok.

I know is it a bit of a reach from Pattaya, but if you are hurting for an authentic taste of Americana, Bourbon Street Bar is the only restaurant that rises to the standard of a traditional American Thanksgiving I have found outside of the US.  Thanksgiving is a holiday I take seriously.  I have lived in 10 countries on three continents, made Thanksgiving dinner in every one, and really search out these places.

Bourbon Street is without rival .. no exaggeration .. not even the best efforts of the 5-star American flag international hotels come close.  Bourbon Street Bar has been operating here for 25+/- years, and is owned by a good ol’ Louisiana boy who’s got cajun and creole cred.

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/ .. easily accessible (3-4 minute walk) from the Ekkamai BTS Station, just 4 stops from the Nana BTS Station.

This might be worth getting out of Pattaya for the night and making it a Bangkok road trip with a couple of buddies .. but .. no reservations.

This is an all-you-can-eat buffet that misses nothing .. the menu .. http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/Thanksgiving%20Buffet%20Menu%202016.pdf

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Archived