IGNORED

UFC 207 December 30

Dwayne111

Hi Mongers,

Any MMA/UFC fans gonna be watching UFC 207 while in Pats on December 30? Im a massive MMA fan so ill be having a few brews and watching some action. 

Can anyone recommend the best place to watch the fight? Im staying in Soi Diana but nothing is really far in Pattaya i guess.

Its actually a pretty good card.

Nunes vs Rousey-I say Rousey will lose for the second time. Shes done amazing things but Nunes is a beast. But i do hope the Rousey of old is still in the octagon.

Verdum vs Velasquez will be a battle. Im a huuuuge Velasquez fan. I think he's on his way back to the top.

TJ Dillashaw vs John Lineker has just been confirmed. 

I hope Matt Brown gets a win. He's a great guy and is tough as nails. I don't know much about his opponent Tarec Saffiedine.

Am i allowed to post a link to the UFC page of the card? Just checking before i go ahead and do so.

Anyone keen to join me and talk fighters on the day are more than welcome. Or some debating in here as well.

I'll watch it in one of the Retox sport bars - one in Soi Lengkee, one on Soi Honey. They will undoubtedly broadcast it.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

When I'm in town,I like to watch MMA/UFC in I-Rovers. 

Do they show it on 1 big screen? Or several screens?

Do they show it on 1 big screen? Or several screens?

At I-Rovers, it'll be on almost all of their screens including the largest one there. So, pretty much a good view no matter where you're sitting. They also show the prelims there.

At I-Rovers, it'll be on almost all of their screens including the largest one there. So, pretty much a good view no matter where you're sitting. They also show the prelims there.

Sweet, thanks mate! Im guessing from the time difference the early prelims start early in the morning and the maincard starts around 10ish?

• 3 weeks later...

I-Rover is the place to watch it. I watched Diaz/McGreogor 2 in there. Plenty tellys and get a decent breakfast early in the morning.

I have real concerns of Ronda,she seems like really angry and all this talk of possible last fight doesn't bode well. Yeah she is a superb wrestler,stand up is suspect. However mentally she looks very very fragile. I also don't like thIs not speaking to the real MMA journalists like Ariel and going on Ellen and poring her heart out.

Still it's a excellent card

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

I-Rover is the place to watch it. I watched Diaz/McGreogor 2 in there. Plenty tellys and get a decent breakfast early in the morning.

I have real concerns of Ronda,she seems like really angry and all this talk of possible last fight doesn't bode well. Yeah she is a superb wrestler,stand up is suspect. However mentally she looks very very fragile. I also don't like thIs not speaking to the real MMA journalists like Ariel and going on Ellen and poring her heart out.

Still it's a excellent card

Yea i agree. She didn't take the loss well. But i think the time off is what she needed. Too many commitments/distractions. Time off then train hard is what she needs. Nunes will be a tough fight. The division has caught up a lot. Nunes is a black belt in judo and a brown belt in BJJ. Her stand up is good and she is very strong. But her cardio is really bad. Although Ronda never goes past 1 or 2 rounds anyway. 

I hope Cain gets the W over Fabricio. I like Cain. I think he'll get the belt back

Dwayne, can't disagree with you aroun Cain he is one of the last old school fighters left.

Dana and the UFC need a Ronda win they are running out of super stars who can bring in the huge huge pay per views. The used to have 5 or 6 now it's only really Ronda and Conor left that can nail the PPVs.

I really think 2017 I gonna be a tough year for UFC, the new owners are visual they don't talk or interact with fans like Lorenzo and Dana did. The superstars have all retired or are not going to fight as much as 2016( Conor).

Btw not sure if you watch last evenings card from Toronto some super fights special Tony Ferguson. Joe Rogan called it one if not the best fights he has ever seen.

Dwayne, can't disagree with you aroun Cain he is one of the last old school fighters left.

Dana and the UFC need a Ronda win they are running out of super stars who can bring in the huge huge pay per views. The used to have 5 or 6 now it's only really Ronda and Conor left that can nail the PPVs.

I really think 2017 I gonna be a tough year for UFC, the new owners are visual they don't talk or interact with fans like Lorenzo and Dana did. The superstars have all retired or are not going to fight as much as 2016( Conor).

Btw not sure if you watch last evenings card from Toronto some super fights special Tony Ferguson. Joe Rogan called it one if not the best fights he has ever seen.

Yesterdays (Yesterday here downunder) card was amazing. How was Cub Swanson and that Korean kid Dooho Choi? Dooho had a tough chin and took a beating but gave one back too. Cowboy always puts on a good show. He's getting better and is so suited to 170.

The UFC is going to have a very tough 2017. I like watching good fights. The rankings, match making etc means nothing anymore. Just put fighters who want to fight in the cage. 

Have you ever watched OneFC? They have some great up and comers. OneFC is growing so the UFC better watch out.

Yesterdays (Yesterday here downunder) card was amazing. How was Cub Swanson and that Korean kid Dooho Choi? Dooho had a tough chin and took a beating but gave one back too. Cowboy always puts on a good show. He's getting better and is so suited to 170.

The UFC is going to have a very tough 2017. I like watching good fights. The rankings, match making etc means nothing anymore. Just put fighters who want to fight in the cage. 

Have you ever watched OneFC? They have some great up and comers. OneFC is growing so the UFC better watch out.

Dwayne, I have never seen anyone with a chin like Dooho Choi,towards the end of the 2nd and into the third Cub was lighting him up on how chin and he just didn't drop it was crazy. I personally don't like Cowboy I have no idea why but I just don't,funny how that can happen. He is better suited to 170kg and seems to be getting better with age. I wonder if Tim Kennedy will retire now? I love the guy total warrior however that a few defeats think it might be time.

The rankings don't make any sense no more your spot on, PPVs decide who fights who I'm afraid. Never watched OneFC to be honest will hit some up on you tube. Do you train in any martial arts yourself? My pal is in Brazil for a year doing BBJ he was in Tjialnd last year doing Muey Thai for a year he fights in Australia at a decent level.

When you in Pattaya next we should meet for a beer or 100 haha. I'm back in May

Dwayne, I have never seen anyone with a chin like Dooho Choi,towards the end of the 2nd and into the third Cub was lighting him up on how chin and he just didn't drop it was crazy. I personally don't like Cowboy I have no idea why but I just don't,funny how that can happen. He is better suited to 170kg and seems to be getting better with age. I wonder if Tim Kennedy will retire now? I love the guy total warrior however that a few defeats think it might be time.

The rankings don't make any sense no more your spot on, PPVs decide who fights who I'm afraid. Never watched OneFC to be honest will hit some up on you tube. Do you train in any martial arts yourself? My pal is in Brazil for a year doing BBJ he was in Tjialnd last year doing Muey Thai for a year he fights in Australia at a decent level.

When you in Pattaya next we should meet for a beer or 100 haha. I'm back in May

I think Tim Kennedy will come back stronger. He's a different breed of human. His military training and experience have made him a tough nut.

Watch a OneFC fight between Angela Lee and Mei Yamaguchi. I won't spoil it, but what a battle. These girls have skills. The rule set in OneFC is different. They allow soccer kicks. The points is worked out over the whole fight, not just round by round. Being an Asian based company there are a lot of Muay Thai fighters transitioning across to MMA. But some fights just look like a Muay Thai fight with the threat of a take down now and then.

I started doing Wing Chun years ago but stopped due to working away. Then i started doing Krav Maga. I really enjoyed that but i came off my dirt bike and tore my rotator cuff in my shoulder. I really want to start BJJ but i have a wrist injury i'm trying to sort out. My plan is to get back in shape and healthy and start BJJ in the new year.

Im heading to Patts Xmas day and i'm there till the 7th of January, my third trip to Patts. But keep me posted, id love to catch up there some time, have a beer and talk martial arts or just drunken talk.  

I think Tim Kennedy will come back stronger. He's a different breed of human. His military training and experience have made him a tough nut.

Watch a OneFC fight between Angela Lee and Mei Yamaguchi. I won't spoil it, but what a battle. These girls have skills. The rule set in OneFC is different. They allow soccer kicks. The points is worked out over the whole fight, not just round by round. Being an Asian based company there are a lot of Muay Thai fighters transitioning across to MMA. But some fights just look like a Muay Thai fight with the threat of a take down now and then.

I started doing Wing Chun years ago but stopped due to working away. Then i started doing Krav Maga. I really enjoyed that but i came off my dirt bike and tore my rotator cuff in my shoulder. I really want to start BJJ but i have a wrist injury i'm trying to sort out. My plan is to get back in shape and healthy and start BJJ in the new year.

Im heading to Patts Xmas day and i'm there till the 7th of January, my third trip to Patts. But keep me posted, id love to catch up there some time, have a beer and talk martial arts or just drunken talk.

I will go look for this fight today love watching new MMA or any combat sport. Do you watch glory? I love it and it's getting big over here in Britain. There was a huge event in Germany last weekend. Tore of your rotator cuff now that got to sting a little, I have been using kickboxing to try and get back in shape for the past 6 months lost 3 stone to be honest need another 3 stone off haha. Listen enjoy your trip on Xmas day dude,good crazy.

Joe

I will go look for this fight today love watching new MMA or any combat sport. Do you watch glory? I love it and it's getting big over here in Britain. There was a huge event in Germany last weekend. Tore of your rotator cuff now that got to sting a little, I have been using kickboxing to try and get back in shape for the past 6 months lost 3 stone to be honest need another 3 stone off haha. Listen enjoy your trip on Xmas day dude,good crazy.

Joe

Yea I like the Glory rules. No clinch unless using knees. No hanging onto legs. Id prefer they allowed sweeps. But i guess they want to keep them on their feet and the action going. Oh how could i forget, check out cage Muay Thai or CMT. Its promoted by an Aussie you may have heard of John Wayne Parr. He's a 10 time world champ and an all round great bloke. Its an MMA cage, MMA gloves but full Muay Thai rules. I can't believe no one else had thought of it yet. JWP himself fights in this promotion even though its his. His wife was a world champ. And now his young kids are getting in the ring/cage. 

Anyway thanks for the chat. You have a great xmas too.  :ThumbUp6:

• 3 weeks later...

Really looking forward to the Ronda v Nunes fight tomorrow. Yes, Ronda has been silent but it looks like she's got herself in great shape and I worry for Nunes. I think it will be quick.

It's should be a good fight. Actually the whole card is pretty decent. Just does sit well with me that Ronda has been allowed to do zero press,talk at weigh ins and such. It's not so long ago Conor was pulled from UFC 200 for wanting to do limited press. Dana's words where "everyone has to do press and help sell the fights it's no negotiable". I just read that the company that bough UFC also represent Ronda.

Forgetting all that,it will hopefully be a superb event and Ronda does look Physically the best she has.

Hi Mongers,

Any MMA/UFC fans gonna be watching UFC 207 while in Pats on December 30? Im a massive MMA fan so ill be having a few brews and watching some action. 

Can anyone recommend the best place to watch the fight? Im staying in Soi Diana but nothing is really far in Pattaya i guess.

Its actually a pretty good card.

Nunes vs Rousey-I say Rousey will lose for the second time. Shes done amazing things but Nunes is a beast. But i do hope the Rousey of old is still in the octagon.

Verdum vs Velasquez will be a battle. Im a huuuuge Velasquez fan. I think he's on his way back to the top.

TJ Dillashaw vs John Lineker has just been confirmed. 

I hope Matt Brown gets a win. He's a great guy and is tough as nails. I don't know much about his opponent Tarec Saffiedine.

Am i allowed to post a link to the UFC page of the card? Just checking before i go ahead and do so.

Anyone keen to join me and talk fighters on the day are more than welcome. Or some debating in here as well.

It's a good card, but just interested in the main card: Rousey vs Nunes and Cruz vs Garbrandt

I believe Ronda might win this time, but not in impressive fashion as she did in the past. Nunes is a very well skilled and prepared brazilian jiu jitsu fighter, so will be tought

Ronda is 1 year older than Nunes, to be exact, and Im quite impressed for Ronda´s new body, really, she looks very very strong this time

Cruz vs Garbrandt will be interesting too, though they focused lately on the personal drama and disrespect, blah blah blaj

Btw, sad to say, but source say this UFC event will be the last one with Mike Goldberg on the commentary. Joe Rogan will continue

I can't understand the Goldberg move if the rumours are true. Rogan and Goldberg have a superb repour.

TJ vs Linker will be be the fight of the card

I thing,closet followed by Cody/Dominic.

Man it's such a good card. Wish I was in Pattaya to watch it.

Well nice to see some things don't change. Velasquez out with an injury, again, and Hendricks misses weight, again. Still, some potentially good fights on the card. I'll pop into the bar up the street to check 'em out. Enjoy everyone!

Dwyane regarding time of fights for 207, prelims commence 8.00 am Thai time, 12 md Sydney time on Fox Sports. The main card will then start 10.00 AM Thai time.

In November I was in BKK and went to the Sportsmen bar to watch UFC. It was packed to the gun whales from an early time. I arrived 9.00 AM and had to do with a seat in the walk way. Billiard tables were covered and used for make shift tables for those having breakfast.

I am hoping my 'Kodi' device will provide some assistance in watching the fights after the prelims.

Dwyane regarding time of fights for 207, prelims commence 8.00 am Thai time, 12 md Sydney time on Fox Sports. The main card will then start 10.00 AM Thai time.

In November I was in BKK and went to the Sportsmen bar to watch UFC. It was packed to the gun whales from an early time. I arrived 9.00 AM and had to do with a seat in the walk way. Billiard tables were covered and used for make shift tables for those having breakfast.

I am hoping my 'Kodi' device will provide some assistance in watching the fights after the prelims.

I run the Pulse build on my Kodi, and I have never had a problem getting any sports including UFC on.

Excellent co main event was surprised how relaxed Cody was. Dominic has some chin on him.

And well the main event, my oh my!

Cruz-Garbrandt was an awesome fight. I really enjoyed that and gotta say that Garbrandt both surprised and impressed me. Dillashaw looked great against Lineker. Nice sportmanship by Linekar lifting Dillashaw into the air after the fight. Likewise, Cruz was class in his comments at the post-fight presser. Rousey skipped the post-fight presser altogether. Pretty lame if you ask me since the whole night was about her, but it is what it is. Really happy for Amanda Nunes, and not surprised by the result.

Yeah, Lee-Yamaguchi was a great fight. I just read here that Angela Lee going to fight in BKK on March 11 against Jenny Huang.

Archived