IGNORED

Siam Reap

hellyes2oo2

I am living just outside Sisaket, and next week my son is over for a holiday. He suggested we might go to siam reap for a couple of days. But a guy in our village told my wife that we will need special papers to take our car into cambodia. I have never heard of this, can anyone tell me if this is true.

Your car needs insurance for Cambodia . Think you can buy it at the border crossing . 

Make sure you bring the blue book . 

You do realize Cambodians drive at the other side of the road (most of the time) and

the steering wheel at the wrong side might not be very handy in a country where they  

drive like total morons . You might want to consider going with the bus ...  :WinkGrin1: .  

There is some sort of paperwork you get from the Land Transport Office (assuming you own the vehicle.) I got one for my big bike when I was thinking of going to Laos.

I am living just outside Sisaket, and next week my son is over for a holiday. He suggested we might go to siam reap for a couple of days. But a guy in our village told my wife that we will need special papers to take our car into cambodia. I have never heard of this, can anyone tell me if this is true.

Hello sir ok you need to go to your local transport office and get a type of passport for your car .

It's a small book also they will give you an international number plate they ask you to display this in your wind screen .

Once you have this your ready to go .

Turn up at the border and show them this paper work fill out a form and off you go . Insurance there is none sorry so drive carefully.

I've been doing this for a year now so this is good info .

I go in my mini bus it take about 2.5 hours to get there driving ok speed .

I normally go from Chomg chom .

The owner of the car needs to be with you and you need car documents not copys .

Id and house papers also, if the car is in finance and you don't have true paper work you can't go out .

If you have all of this it take about 15 mins to go .

The people in the transport office will give you details. O and don't forget a T sticker they can be bought also from The trasport office.

Good luck mate .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Archived