Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Grand Hotel Pattaya

Mestre315

As far as all the hotels in my model whose closest proximity to is to WS, the average score in the model is 7.6, Grand hotel Pattaya comes in at 7.5, but as for 3-star hotels in the same area, that score is 7.3, so just slightly higher.

If you talk more about the intent of booking Grand hotel (why the location, if you're particularly enamored of WS, etc) - I'm sure the board members will have additional advice ... or you can look at my signature if you need additional analysis.

-bwb

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for responding... I already booked it because I wanted to be close to ws and the hotel was guest friendly... I was wondering if the staff was honest and the rooms are clean and if there was a safe in the room

I have three of their rooms in my inventory ...

Deluxe, Superior, Superior Downstairs ... None have safes in the room - per the Grand hotel website, they have safety deposit at the desk.

http://www.grandhotelpattaya.com/rooms.htm

Thanks for responding... I already booked it because I wanted to be close to ws and the hotel was guest friendly... I was wondering if the staff was honest and the rooms are clean and if there was a safe in the room

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

I don't stay in the rooms - I statistically analyze them :)

Statistically safes in Pattaya are "safe."  It makes some people feel better to have them in the room - more personal control.  Some people don't mind if their valuables are at desk reception.  I fall into the former group myself, as opposed to the latter.

Is your rate non-refundable if this doesn't work for you?

I booked the family room... Figures the one you didn't stay in... Are the safety deposit boxes safe?

Family Room may have an in-room safe, per Agoda - a quick email from you to the property should confirm this incidental.  Now that i've found an available date with the Family room at that property (late next year, just a "bogey" date), I can add it to the database.

I booked the family room... Figures the one you didn't stay in... Are the safety deposit boxes safe?

I stayed in the deluxe on my last trip. There was a safe in the room. It also says on that link that there's a safe in deluxe and above rooms.

I like the Grand. Location is great. Rooms are fine if a little worn. The TV is pretty old and dinky.

The W14 next door is owned by the same people. W14 has much newer and nicer rooms, but no elevator.

My last 4 trips I've stayed at either the Grand or W14. Would stay at one of them again my next trip. If you can get first or second floor, I'd recommend W14. Third floor is OK, but I would be too lazy to take a 4th floor room without an elevator.

Me and my mate always book the family room there as we like to invite girls over for some after party drinks and softer music. The rooms are not bad and there are safe in each of the room in the family suite. 

The only issue is, they don't provide 2 keys in case you and your buddy decide to split... 

And they don't have the friendliest staff as well, but it doesn't bother us too much. 

Was planning to book the room in Nov, but was fully booked. Gonna try staying at the August Suites family room.

It is a long time ago - 2004, when staying at that hotel, my ANZ (Aust & NZ Bank) issued Visa card, was compromised by one of their reception staff.

Somebody tried to use the data a week or so after I returned to Oz, but the bank security staff in Melbourne got onto it real quick, cancelled the card & called me in all of an hour of it happening on a Saturday morning.  

AND THE STAFF WERE ARSEHOLES IN THOSE DAYS! 

Otherwise, the room was OK! 

Never stayed there again in all my annual visits.

Rcon @ Siam have family rooms. Quite good for the price too. Spent my first every 3 nights in Pattaya in a family room in Rcon and had no complaints whatsoever. We both had separate keys, living space was big and comfortable. Would highly recommend

"was wondering if anyone else has been there.. "

I'd guess so, otherwise they'd go out of business pretty quickly, don't you think !

• 2 months later...

Would you guys recommend the Grand hotel to a first-time mongerer (I expect to be a butterfly) that would like easy walking access to the gogo bars on Walking Street?  From my research (mostly google maps) it seems extremely close and even across the alley way from Secrets.  Night noise doesn't bother me, as I actually prefer a little of it due to the festive feel.

Anything bad I may need to be aware of or any better locations I can consider would be great!

I've heard the W12 next door is newer and nicer, but lacks an elevator, which could get tiresome...

Get a high as floor as possible or you gona be well pissed off with our Indian Brother's making shit loads of noise and being cnuts as often a lot choose this hotel

You have been warned

Archived