IGNORED

Internet problems.

Billyboy294

Strange happenings with my 3BB internet.

A few days ago i had no internet. A neighbour looked at it and after about an hour managed to get it working again (apparently).

However yesterday i found out my new Samsung J7 phone could not could not connect to wifi. It showed about every wifi in my condo but not my router.

I entered the router name but it quickly disappeared before i even had chance to enter a password.

At first i thought the problem was my phone but when i checked my Minix box which i normally use with a Lan cable. i found there was "internet connection problem." when I tried to use wifi.

So i have Lan connection to my desktop computer and to my Minix box but no Wifi.

Any suggestions.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Strange happenings with my 3BB internet.

A few days ago i had no internet. A neighbour looked at it and after about an hour managed to get it working again (apparently).

However yesterday i found out my new Samsung J7 phone could not could not connect to wifi. It showed about every wifi in my condo but not my router.

I entered the router name but it quickly disappeared before i even had chance to enter a password.

At first i thought the problem was my phone but when i checked my Minix box which i normally use with a Lan cable. i found there was "internet connection problem." when I tried to use wifi.

So i have Lan connection to my desktop computer and to my Minix box but no Wifi.

Any suggestions.

make sure the red light is not blinking.   reboot your phone and reboot your router.  wait 10 minutes on the router, and then turn your phone back on.

i have rebooted the router several times but no better. Because my Minix box also did not connect using wifi,  i assumed the fault was not with my phone.

i have rebooted the router several times but no better. Because my Minix box also did not connect using wifi,  i assumed the fault was not with my phone.

when my minx goes south sometimes, I go into setting and stop the wifi or the direct connect and then I connect it again, has always fixed it

Depending Brand of router , some have a small button who put on /off  your  wifi...., check this maybe just wifi of ..on router .

My TP-link has power button / wps button and wifi on of button ..

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Depending Brand of router , some have a small button who put on /off  your  wifi...., check this maybe just wifi of ..on router .

My TP-link has power button / wps button and wifi on of button ..

I have a TP-Link router as recomended by Lanzalad for his Minix box. There is the usual On/off button but also  two pinhead size buttons and it says reset.

I just tried one which i think said wifi and 'hey presto' I now have wifi connection. Many thanks

I have a TP-Link router as recomended by Lanzalad for his Minix box. There is the usual On/off button but also  two pinhead size buttons and it says reset.

I just tried one which i think said wifi and 'hey presto' I now have wifi connection. Many thanks

Good to hear it worked....... I.T.invoice typed ...just must send .it.. :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

BTW. on my Tp-link router only the reset is a small hole only access by using a pin or small screwdriver , the WPS and WIfi are small rubber buttons , and the power on /off is a big button

Good to hear it worked....... I.T.invoice typed ...just must send .it.. :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

BTW. on my Tp-link router only the reset is a small hole only access by using a pin or small screwdriver , the WPS and WIfi are small rubber buttons , and the power on /off is a big button

Mine is probably the same it is just that where my router is situated it is difficult for me to see the back where these buttons are and i don't seem to have much spare cables to be able to pull it to where i can see it properly.

Mine is probably the same it is just that where my router is situated it is difficult for me to see the back where these buttons are and i don't seem to have much spare cables to be able to pull it to where i can see it properly.

.Remember if you do a reset (tiny hole for a pin ..) you must setup your router a new , I hope you also changed the default password on your router , because the ip access to router is a standard i.p.  for many  routers  192.168.1.1 and other persons could have access to it, using the default "admin + default password " by internet ...., happened to me that I got another router brand screen on my connection ....just using my default password by installing my  own  ...

Using on off button or Wifi on off does not change settings , reset does reset to default password (good if forgot  yours .. :GoldenSmile1: )

PS : I you remember the positions from the cables , you can remove them to see the buttons (if needed..) , as when connected to wall can be removed by shifting up as the screws becomes free to a bigger position hole

Archived