Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Teerak jaaah

and what context can it be used in ?

I've heard it a lot of times - and tried using it a few - but let's hear from some of the guys with decent working thai skills :Busted:

<!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Time%20to%20Pattaya&count=down&time=1331452800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Use the <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown generator</a> to create your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LaaMok

• sexy beast

• gs joe

• LocalYokul

Terak = sweetheart, terak ja .... is a super sweet way of saying it :Busted:

I was under the impression the polite particle jaa was only spoken by women?

You mean, Ka?

nope i mean jaa- jor jaan sela aa

Its because i have never heard a thai male say it!

I was under the impression the polite particle jaa was only spoken by women?

ja is spoken equally by both men & women

But if a Thai man calls you "Tii-rak jaa", RUN FOR IT! :)

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Incorrect.

Ja (a less formal form of 'Ka') is spoken by women, and obviously feminine gay men who would otherwise say "Ka".

Tillak (Tee-rak) translates as 'my love' or 'darling'.

Edited by Chris Pattaya

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

Always had the impression it meant ,

"I cant remember your name ".

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Incorrect.

Ja (a less formal form of 'Ka') is spoken by women, and obviously feminine gay men who would otherwise say "Ka".

hey thanks for clearing that up! I agree also the the closest literal translation is my love but all the books say darling!

Would a man then say: Tillak (Tee-rak), klap ?

I had never said it alone..

i would say.. "tee lak bai nai?" darling where you go"

"tee lak tam arai" "darling what you do"

one things that annoys me is that "naa rak" is commonly translated as "cute" in all the books but i think it means lovely which in my book isnt cute!! I want to know the word cute in thai (like a cat) but thais always say its "naa rak"

Thanks for all the replies - I DO think it can be said by a male without indicating that he is gay B)

<!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Time%20to%20Pattaya&count=down&time=1331452800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Use the <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown generator</a> to create your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

You hear it shouted in Mikes shopping mall ,

its means I've found the bra I want , you pay .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Incorrect.

The next time your with a girl ask her if its ok for a man to say terak ja? I think you'll find it is fine!

Just asked the wife and she said its fine, but also asked why i never say it more often.

now look what youve started

Yes its fine for a man to say teerak ja - I always thought so anyway just asked my wife too and she confrms its fine (she is fluent English so no loss in her language). Ja is not a derivitive of ka.

Bryan - narak or naa rak is the closest to cute; cute was just not a known word before.

See the Thai teen site www.narak.com (cute variety online). Its is a rather all encompassing word with no single definition so can equally mean beautiful too. Cute and beautiful tend to be synonymous here - as I say cute is a western word only understood here recently.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

The next time your with a girl ask her if its ok for a man to say terak ja? I think you'll find it is fine!

Nope.

It is quite wrong for a man to say ja unless they are gay or socially very submissive. It's a surprising facet of the thai language that in certain circumstances ka or khap may be spoken by what is considered the wrong gender.

For instance, a female schoolteacher or any older female in authority would be correct in using khap (Graaap!) when talking to a child.

Just when you think you know, they move the goalposts.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

However, I can give you countless examples of buying things from elderly Thai men outside of the big cities while speaking Thai in which I received a ja. Not gay either. Elevated kindness.

Hehe....so this is where you got your question answered :blink: Small Pattaya world on the net. :001_Sawasdee:

I use jah all the time, for waitresses, chicks I think are cute, 555

and tee ruk is the equivalent to darling, so you'd have to be a bit more intimate with a gal to call her that

BONE-afide Sex Maniac

tee ruk = the love

jah = dear

so basically, dear lover

now i understand why this discussion has mapped out this way.

Hehe....so this is where you got your question answered :blink: Small Pattaya world on the net. :sad:

Yes - and good answers too :) I choose to believe that it is means "dear lover" and as such is perfectly OK for a male to use (in the right circumstances) :Amen:

Nope.

It is quite wrong for a man to say ja unless they are gay or socially very submissive. It's a surprising facet of the thai language that in certain circumstances ka or khap may be spoken by what is considered the wrong gender.

For instance, a female schoolteacher or any older female in authority would be correct in using khap (Graaap!) when talking to a child.

Just when you think you know, they move the goalposts.

Its not an issue for the use of ka or krap, if you read every other response it is perfectly ok for both male & female to use ja

Its not an issue for the use of ka or krap, if you read every other response it is perfectly ok for both male & female to use ja

I continue to disagree.

No matter how many posts you cite.

Just checked it out as, despite my sureity I have occaisionaly been know to be, if not wrong then, at least misinformed.

Jah DOES equate to Ka and is used either as a less formal form to be added at the end of a spoken sentence or, in the same way as ka, as a substitute for yes or to signal agreement.

It is never used by straight men unless they are, as my master's degree educated GF just put it, 'being funny'.

Feel free to be as funny as you like.

Oh, and I would avoid Tillak too; it has something of the bar about it.

Edited by Chris Pattaya

Oh, and I would avoid Tillak too; it has something of the bar about it.

i agree tee lak and ta lung definately set sirens off that you've been mongering or just know isaan girls etc