Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency rates

Mavvi

Well i am hoping to go to Los in Dec and i checking how much my hard earned British pound is now worth; 51 thai baht ( without paying commission)

Looking back over the last few months there is a clear downward trend, do people expect this to continue? :22600584-Th:

Well i am hoping to go to Los in Dec and i checking how much my hard earned British pound is now worth; 51 thai baht ( without paying commission)

Looking back over the last few months there is a clear downward trend, do people expect this to continue? :GoldenSmile1:

Sorry, if we knew the answer to that one...

You have forgotten the face of your Father, maggot!

• 2 months later...

In recent years I've been visiting Thailand twice a year but now that the pound(£) is doing so badly against the Baht I might only be able to afford one trip this year :Cry4:

GBP 47.70 in Thailand today

Who would have thought that we would be praying for anything over 55-60 bahts to the pound to happen again !?!?!

Hopefully this is a blip on the currency exchange due to British Government releasing another multi billion lifeline to the British banks. This sort of thing will put uncertainty into investing in the UK pound. Once it settles, it may creep into the 52 baht zone again. Who knows (well I suppose the answer to that is - No One Knows !)

:Cry4:

I would be surprised if the Pound continues to drop as this year progresses. IMO it is far more likely to strenghten before December.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I would be surprised if the Pound continues to drop as this year progresses. IMO it is far more likely to strenghten before December.

Yeah I completely agree. This problem is bigger than any one currency. Now that most see Obama as the breath of fresh air in the U.S. policy making machine, we should see belief in the economies that it just might be okay to start investing soon (note I didnt say 'invest now').

Once the US starts to show recovery, all the other countries that were profiteering from their dangerous investments will also reap the benefits (i.e. the UK to name but one).

As the main man said though, this will take time, so I reckon your time scales are accurate Scumbag, it will probably be around December before we see the Pound looking nearer to 60.

I reckon this <50 bahts is just a blip though cos of what the UK Govt did yesterday with the lifeline cash. I suppose proof of this was that the Royal Bank of Scotland (which was the 4th biggest bank in the world a couple years ago!) dropped to its lowest share price ever yesterday, but once the dust settled the day after the lifeline, the share price went up 15%. I know the 2 are not connected, but if the Thai Baht only dropped 9% overnight, hopefully it will bounce straight back to 50 ish ??

Its not all doom and gloom. Last year, when 1000 baht (our FL LT or ST with a stunner) was 14 GBP

At todays 47 baht exchange rate, IT IS STILL ONLY 21 GBP TO HAVE SEX WITH A TOP GIRL.

Not many places in the world can boast this VFM :Cry4:

Edited by luvyoulongtime

fair comment i cant really see £21 for a stunner as expensive.

if you look at it this way you can have 3 stunners for the price of a bj in the uk,and she would probably have 4 teeth to her name

i get my kicks below the waistline sunshine

fair comment i cant really see £21 for a stunner as expensive.

if you look at it this way you can have 3 stunners for the price of a bj in the uk,and she would probably have 4 teeth to her name

EXACTLY - We shouldnt worry about our Government currencies, we should perhaps operate on a mongers currency. It seems to be far more bouyant than what our politicians can come up with !

1.00 EUR=45.3690 THB

1.00 EUR=0.930419 GBP

Euro look ok, I can't understand for the life of me why ye don't want to join up.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

£ has really fallen today. Most places were offering over 50-51 yesterday but today it's 47-48 at a stretch.

Rather than change a lot of money in one go, I've only been changing £100 at a time

Yeah I completely agree. This problem is bigger than any one currency. Now that most see Obama as the breath of fresh air in the U.S. policy making machine, we should see belief in the economies that it just might be okay to start investing soon (note I didnt say 'invest now').

Once the US starts to show recovery, all the other countries that were profiteering from their dangerous investments will also reap the benefits (i.e. the UK to name but one).

As the main man said though, this will take time, so I reckon your time scales are accurate Scumbag, it will probably be around December before we see the Pound looking nearer to 60.

I reckon this <50 bahts is just a blip though cos of what the UK Govt did yesterday with the lifeline cash. I suppose proof of this was that the Royal Bank of Scotland (which was the 4th biggest bank in the world a couple years ago!) dropped to its lowest share price ever yesterday, but once the dust settled the day after the lifeline, the share price went up 15%. I know the 2 are not connected, but if the Thai Baht only dropped 9% overnight, hopefully it will bounce straight back to 50 ish ??

Its not all doom and gloom. Last year, when 1000 baht (our FL LT or ST with a stunner) was 14 GBP

At todays 47 baht exchange rate, IT IS STILL ONLY 21 GBP TO HAVE SEX WITH A TOP GIRL.

Not many places in the world can boast this VFM :Cry4:

One thing thats wrong with the theory.

The Baht (however loosely) is tied to the US$

When $ strengthened the baht did also

That goes part way to explain the dowward trend......£-baht

Well, that and this absolute shite of a government printing more and more money to cover the cost of the banks reckless lending

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Well, that and this absolute shite of a government printing more and more money to cover the cost of the banks reckless lending

Hedonist

The irony is we dont really have a subprime mortgage in UK, 99% of the losses were the dumb ass bankers (punters) taking on the allged 18% margin opportunities in the States.

Funniest thing ever I have just opened a letter from Bradford and Bingly who have been taken over by the governemt, my rate is 1.94% they are offering a fee free to move to another lender, lol thing is another lender wont offer a rate anywhere near it..

Clowns the lot of them, greedy clowns

Hedonist

There is one very inportant factor that you are not allowing for. When the shit hits the fan with economies investors look for 'safe havens.' The $US dollar has always been seen a a safe haven. Even though they have casued the current conditions investors believe that the US economy is the one to bet on in uncertain times. So they convert cash and other securities into US cash and bonds. As the other ecomonies turn around this will reverse and people will begin to move their investments away from the US again. This will weaken the $US against other currencies. The $US and Baht will probably stay about the same but the Baht and $US will both weaken against other currencies.

If I had of bought US dollars six months ago I would be thinking very seriously now to unloading it. The reason being is that I think the US will begin to weaken soon (the Baht should do the same.)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Its one of the main reasons I have not been back recently :( sub 50 to the £ is criminal! It makes Thailand quite expensive now. In fact it makes any place expensive.

We can all thank the fuckin UK banks for their inconsiderate lending in previous years I think!

The £ is fucked totally. Makes you wonder how the UK would fair if we had joined the euro all these years ago! Now we are 1 for 1 with the euro, living in the UK is like a big prison at the mo!

until it goes up to mid 50's I wont even be considering going back!

Edited by Scottish_Tyrant

Wha's like us?

Whats both galling and worrying at the same time, though, isnt so much the banks crazy lending (although, yes that DID cause most of all of this shit)

But in this governments insistance that we, as taxpayers give them (the banks) bazzilions of our taxes, present AND future, to bail them out from the mess, while at the same time telling them to repeat the same process....that of iresponsible lending !!!!

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

And if we as individuals ran our companies in the same way we would be done for fraud, they kill people in some states in the USA for Fraud, La

1.00 EUR=45.3690 THB

1.00 EUR=0.930419 GBP

Euro look ok, I can't understand for the life of me why ye don't want to join up.

NEITHER DO I!

Wha's like us?

There is one very inportant factor that you are not allowing for. When the shit hits the fan with economies investors look for 'safe havens.' The $US dollar has always been seen a a safe haven. Even though they have casued the current conditions investors believe that the US economy is the one to bet on in uncertain times. So they convert cash and other securities into US cash and bonds. As the other ecomonies turn around this will reverse and people will begin to move their investments away from the US again. This will weaken the $US against other currencies. The $US and Baht will probably stay about the same but the Baht and $US will both weaken against other currencies.

If I had of bought US dollars six months ago I would be thinking very seriously now to unloading it. The reason being is that I think the US will begin to weaken soon (the Baht should do the same.)

I agree there bud, but there is now also a HUGE currency change to consider that being the euro. It has held its own all the way and still is. I wonder what would have happened to the UK if we had joined the euro all these years ago! I bet they would have prevented these idiots lending as they did!

I am no expect in currencies (nor do I want to be) but there is a very good term to cover these trends, THE UK £ IS F*CKED :Whistle:

Wha's like us?

There is one very important factor that you are not allowing for. When the shit hits the fan with economies investors look for 'safe havens.' The $US dollar has always been seen a a safe haven. Even though they have caused the current conditions investors believe that the US economy is the one to bet on in uncertain times. So they convert cash and other securities into US cash and bonds. As the other economies turn around this will reverse and people will begin to move their investments away from the US again. This will weaken the $US against other currencies. The $US and Baht will probably stay about the same but the Baht and $US will both weaken against other currencies.

Agree with some of this. Except I believe the US is actually ahead of the curve in straightening out much of the mess (I know, hard to believe when you actually look at it) in comparison to many other countries (where the full force of the wave hasn't even caught up to them yet). What this means, in regards to currencies, is when the US begins to recover it will serve as even a stronger reinforcement that the US is a "safer" haven to put cash in. Thus, making the dollar even stronger. Combine this with the fact that the dollar has been intentionally under valued for a long, long time and the lb. has been over valued.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I think in the next couple of years the dollar will slowly continue to get stronger, the baht will get weaker (as China adjusts (currency) and the Thai economy begins to feel the wave and catch up of their weakening exports). The lb. will probably remain flat.

Also, things to consider long-term. Population and economic growth that comes with it will continue to grow in the US. Their population is and will continue to grow. Europe and G.B. will be flat or decrease. Also, Europe's labor policies, and lower over all worker productivity is flat. The likelihood of LT economic growth is not good. I'm not bashing just stating some economic realities.

• 2 months later...

Hi dose anyone think the BHT will be devalued this year , my next holiday is december , the cost of my last holiday was bad i spent 5500 stering over a month i normaly speand 3500 - 4000, hope it changes before christmas , i have booked my flight already

good luck

Luvyoulongtime, Obama a breath of fresh air ? I think not, the USA will be in 12mths, exactly where the UK is now, in shit street. Obama, Blair ,Brown, same DNA.

Luvyoulongtime, Obama a breath of fresh air ? I think not, the USA will be in 12mths, exactly where the UK is now, in shit street. Obama, Blair ,Brown, same DNA.