Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aggro on the golf course!

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Funny incident today, my buddy and I are playing the Army course in Udon. We catch up with a falang 5 ball (yes you read right - a falang and not Thai 5 ball). Anyway, I know one of the lads in the 5 ball and he is a gent, so I wasn't at all surprised when he waved us through at the next opportunity. So far...all good.

Next hole, one of the 5 ball hits his shot way to the right, and misses my mate by a yard - neither of us hears a 'fore' shout. Now my mate is one of these guys with both a short fuse and no 'physical presence' (not a good combination). So he started yelling and shouting at the 5 ball caddies 'why you not shout fore'? He continues with a volley of abuse at the caddies and I told him to wind his neck in a bit (sometimes in life its not enough to be right...my pen lai).

So one of the falang 5 ball steams across aggressively with a "f*ck off you c*nt". My mate is more of a writer than a fighter, so I stepped in between them and advised the dude to return to his own game. I said '"look my mate has had his 'yap yap' and now you have had yours - let's all get back to our golf". The dude said "OK"....fisticuffs avoided  :LOL2: .

The good news was that my mate's nerves were shredded and I won the last 2 holes and the match. Lottellee Winna is 100THB richer!!!\

Any of you guys had any experience of  aggro on the golf course - how did you handle it? 

Had a 2 ball going with a mate of mine a couple of years ago at  Plutalawang  ( sp )  pattaya   ,   i think its also a navy owned course ,   Anyways we catch up as you would expect , with a Thai 7 ball  , complete with caddies .!     Looked like a bloody football crowd on the green , a complete nonsense .

My playing partner , who is about 55  short and overweight  starts shouting at this mob to show some courtesy , golf etiquette etc.and let us through .   Nothing doing .  I was thinking this could end badly as my friend was going to lanch a ball in their direction  !

We wern't playing a competition or anything , so i suggested we skip a hole and get in front of them , drama over .    Shouting at a load of idiots is one thing , but there was still seven of them  

Good thread  btw , hope to read some good stories .

Mikeyboy

When Tiger Woods had a problem on a golf course...

He went off course and banged a WHORE... :GoldenSmile1:

tiger_woods_meme_18_holes_in_one_day-183

My brother and 3 mates were playing in Spain during peak season, so as expected, play was slow. The group behind were getting frustrated and started bombing drives almost on top of my bro and his mates; so my bro turns his buggy round telling his mates, "I will sort these c*nts out". As my brother approaches the group behind he starts to holler, but then quickly stops...the group is Hollywood hard-man Vinnie Jones and a couple of enormous minders. Quick as a flash, my bro changes his tune..."Vinnie I thought it was you - I am a massive fan of yours...care to play through"? :LOL2:   

_vjones_cancer_1857201a.jpg

I once had a player hit a tee shot on a par 3 which landed about 2 meters from us. I then just chipped the ball into a near water hazard (lake) and as he approached told him so. He demanded a new ball from me which I declined but I offered to have this discussion in the office with the the golf course management which he unfortunately did not accept...

I was playing in outer melbourne one day and there was one joker in a cart who kept spraying his ball onto the wrong fairways and he just blithely drove through on his buggy without so much as looking. A few groups including ours had a go at him but he kept doing it. On the 14th hole the group in front of us were playing for 50 dollars a hole and they were big lads. One of them struck a near perfect iron at the par 3 green and as it headed towards the green this dickhead comes screaming through on his buggy and and it hit the windscreen and the ball went OOB. He then proceeded to abuse the bloke who hit it who was shall we say not pleased. The result was he dragged the bloke out of the buggy and belted him in the mouth and threw him into a bush. The course marshall came up and common sense prevailed. The now bleeding idiot and his group were ordered off the course and the  buggy confiscated. the hole was declared halved,

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

These problems can be easily avoided by using an American golf bag...

gb.jpg

One day coming home from a lovely time playing golf at Emerald in a bus 'around 8 of us in it' back to travellers rest on soi lengkee. Now on the way home a 75 yr old Irish man in the back of the bus kept going on about how the US government was crooked as hell and that the 9/11 attacks on the WTC buildings was an inside job.....now another 75 yr old man, retired american Patriot from the US military did not think kindly of this. ....and boy did i laugh as these two men almost went to blows in stuck traffic another 25 min away from Pattaya...there was no difference between that altercation and the altercations I have seen with grade 4 kids fighting over who's tougher Batman or Superman! Luckily there was no violence but verball...but if these two 75 yr Olds actually went to blows over it...I would of been the one who would have had the heart attack in laughter! Sorry that this wasn't on the course as you suggested but it's pretty close! Cheers

I've thrown,snapped and bent clubs.

When I gave a fuck.

Now I just give them to my caddie and say "here,it's yours,sell it."

At my course in the UK a while back apparently a blind member had an argument with another member and they had a fight in the car park to settle it. Good to see apparently, not for the blind guy.

Seen plenty of aggression over the years playing this wonderful game. 

I don't really get it....but every club seems to have their serial club chucker.

A few years ago we had an ex pro golfer joined our club.....seriously talented golfer, but a very short fuse. ( he used to do very well in the international long drive competitions)

This guy could chuck a club out to nearly 100 metres.

My group had just finished putting out on a par 3 and were preparing to tee off on the next tee.

I looked back at the par 3 tee box just in time to see this flashing silver thing flying through the air towards the green. His wedge almost reached the green.....all of 120 metres.

dunno where his ball went but obviously the shot wasn't to his satisfaction.

Another occasion he launched a Vokey gap wedge straight over the back of a par 5 green.....deep into tiger country. Every man and his dog tried to find this club, as far as I know it's still there.

I found a putter he hurled deep into the bush from our 9th green. Same as the wedge....everyone had a look for it, but I eventually found it. I gave it to a mate of this guy and told him to give it back to him.....the guy just told him to bash it up his arse.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

usually "mates" who tend to go aggro don't remain "mates" with me for long.

they invariably always end up doing some stupid things or turn out to be crooks.

my patience with impulsive people tends to get thinner over the years.

there was also this Swedish creep who on one side wanted to be friends with me to hit me for free rides to go golfing, and on the other side hit on my GF through facebook, telling her that he is better than me, that I'm no good and asking when I would go away, LOL. Creepy little piece of shit. He was self-comtrolled though.

I had a very posh neighbor when I lived in the UK. He added an upper-tier to his garage and had it fitted out with top-of the range fitted cupboards/wardrobe to accommodate his golf gear. Several sets of gleaming titelist clubs, several calvin green suits and dozens of pairs of footjoys...just like in the Ian Poulter advert. The dudes garage extension looked like this:

B71ImHZCYAAUT7A.jpg

Anyway, he asked to play with some mates and I at Chorley Golf Club (NW England) - I know he has a a short fuse and can be a bit bombastic, so I was a little reluctant to invite him. The guys I used to play with are all good mates with friendships going back years - a couple are millionaires, others are mid-income and one guy even sweeps the streets. The point is, nobody in the group thinks they are better than the others, nobody bigs themselves up, none of that shit counts - we are all equal on the golf course.

Anyway my neighbor turns up in a chauffeur driven limo and instructs the driver to wait for him (5 hours WTF?). He slips on his all white Calvin Green suit, with his matching white footjoy shoes and proceeds to give it 'the big I am' spiel. It really pissed everybody off....'Lottellee why have you brought this f*cking nob along'?

Anyway, we are playing an uphill hole with a sharp dogleg left and I tell him, whatever you do don't try and drive over the corner as it's longer than it looks. Ignoring this advice he drives and it drops into this marshland - I tell him play 3 off the tee (or at least a provisional). Nonsense he says I know where my ball went. So we approach the marshy area and he asks for help to look, we tell him it's a lost cause as it's like a swamp in there. Ignoring our warnings he strides confidently forward only to fall arse-over-tit and is lying face down in a huge sludge-filled hole. As he struggles out, we are pissing ourselves laughing - he is after all wearing only one filthy shoe and has caked his all white uniform in mud, even his face is covered. He then goes ape-shit, hurling abuse at us all and storms off home....hilarious!

He never did ask to play with us again  :WinkGrin1:

I had a very posh neighbor when I lived in the UK. He added an upper-tier to his garage and had it fitted out with top-of the range fitted cupboards/wardrobe to accommodate his golf gear. Several sets of gleaming titelist clubs, several calvin green suits and dozens of pairs of footjoys...just like in the Ian Poulter advert. The dudes garage extension looked like this:

B71ImHZCYAAUT7A.jpg

Anyway, he asked to play with some mates and I at Chorley Golf Club (NW England) - I know he has a bit of a short fuse and can be a bit bombastic, so I was a little reluctant to invite him. The guys I used to play with are all good mates with friendships going back years - a couple are millionaires, others are mid-income and one guy even sweeps the streets. The point is, nobody in the group thinks they are better than the others, nobody bigs themselves up, none of that shit counts - we are all equal on the golf course.

Anyway my neighbor turns up in a chauffeur driven Range Rover and instructs the driver to wait for him (5 hours WTF?). He slips on his all white Calvin Green suit, with his matching white footjoy shoes and proceeds to give it 'the big I am' spiel. It really pissed everybody off....'Lottellee why have you brought this f*cking nob along'?

Anyway, we are playing an uphill hole with a sharp dogleg left and I tell him, whatever you do don't try and drive over the corner as it's longer than it looks. Ignoring this advice he drives and it drops into this marshland - I tell him play 3 off the tee (or at least a provisional). Nonsense he says I know where my ball went. So we approach the marshy area and he asks for help to look in the marshy area, we tell him it's a lost cause as it's like a swamp in there. Ignoring our warnings he strides confidently forward only to fall arse-over-tit and is lying face down in a huge sludge-filled hole. As he struggles out, we are pissing ourselves laughing - he is after all caked his all white uniform in mud, even his face is covered. He then goes ape-shit, hurling abuse at as all and storms off home....hilarious!

He never did ask to play with us again :WinkGrin1:

On the flip side of that,my buddy Jeff (third) trip to Pattaya coming up in January with me,played Tier one full ride in Florida and still has the same set of clubs that he was given in college.He is 31 now.The grip on his driver is worn down to the shaft in places.

It's an old Calloway Warbird.

He never plays in the summer here at all,cause he is a fishing guide in Barclay Sound,so he might play once or twice in the fall.

His first look at Siam two years ago he shot 70.

This year at Grand Prix in the singles he had four birdies and an eagle and shot 67.

And drank 11 Asahi's and two Bacardi Breezers.

Who do you think I would rather play with?

B71ImHZCYAAUT7A.jpg

Anyway, he asked to play with some mates and I at Chorley Golf Club (NW England) - I know he has a a short fuse and can be a bit bombastic, so I was a little reluctant to invite him. The guys I used to play with are all good mates with friendships going back years - a couple are millionaires, others are mid-income and one guy even sweeps the streets. The point is, nobody in the group thinks they are better than the others, nobody bigs themselves up, none of that shit counts - we are all equal on the golf course.

Anyway my neighbor turns up in a chauffeur driven limo and instructs the driver to wait for him (5 hours WTF?). He slips on his all white Calvin Green suit, with his matching white footjoy shoes and proceeds to give it 'the big I am' spiel. It really pissed everybody off....'Lottellee why have you brought this f*cking nob along'?

Anyway, we are playing an uphill hole with a sharp dogleg left and I tell him, whatever you do don't try and drive over the corner as it's longer than it looks. Ignoring this advice he drives and it drops into this marshland - I tell him play 3 off the tee (or at least a provisional). Nonsense he says I know where my ball went. So we approach the marshy area and he asks for help to look, we tell him it's a lost cause as it's like a swamp in there. Ignoring our warnings he strides confidently forward only to fall arse-over-tit and is lying face down in a huge sludge-filled hole. As he struggles out, we are pissing ourselves laughing - he is after all wearing only one filthy shoe and has caked his all white uniform in mud, even his face is covered. He then goes ape-shit, hurling abuse at us all and storms off home....hilarious!

He never did ask to play with us again :WinkGrin1:

Haha that's awesome...I could picture that tosser falling into the mud and losing his cool...I better no one in that group will forget that round of golf!...ahhh karma at its finest!

Archived